front brake pads specs 2000 Tundra 4.7 or 5.3?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: front brake pads specs 2000 Tundra 4.7 or 5.3?

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default front brake pads specs 2000 Tundra 4.7 or 5.3?

Hi guys,

I have a 2000 Toyota tundra non TRD package. I'm looking for a set of pads but I'm noticing 2 different lengths in the pads 4.7 inch pad and 5.3 inch length.

I'm assuming my truck would be the 4.7 inch pad length because my truck did not come equipped with the TRD package.

Chris
    2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab 4x4 Black
    Cardomain Member
    Sold the Tundra for $5,000 without the wheels 12/10/2011

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    11 times
    Images

Default Re: front brake pads specs 2000 Tundra 4.7 or 5.3?

the size difference is probably the old style and new style pads/calipers. the earlier tundras had pulsation issues and the rotors/calipers were replaced under TSB. the old style has an "ear" on the caliper and the new ones don't.

05 Salsa Red Pearl DC
    01 Honda Civic
    95 Acura Integra

Liked
    220 times

Default Re: front brake pads specs 2000 Tundra 4.7 or 5.3?

If you can read the casting number on the caliper that would tell you what pads to get.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.