LOOKING TO UPGRADE YOUR BRAKES? Discounts Inside! Hawk, EBC, Powerslot and more! - Page 5

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: LOOKING TO UPGRADE YOUR BRAKES? Discounts Inside! Hawk, EBC, Powerslot and more!

Liked
    88 times

Default Re: LOOKING TO UPGRADE YOUR BRAKES? Discounts Inside! Hawk, EBC, Powerslot and more!

Bump central around here lol. I need some new rotors and pads for a 04 tundra lots of towing and I speed too. And a corrolla the lady drives and I thought I went fast till I met her. I just want stopping power and rotors that last and pads that wont crap my rims on the tundra I was looking at the powerstop break kit for the tundra but wanted to make sure that would satisfy my needs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor Billy@AutoCustoms.com's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times

Default Re: LOOKING TO UPGRADE YOUR BRAKES? Discounts Inside! Hawk, EBC, Powerslot and more!

Quote Originally Posted by wunderwhatnow View Post
    Bump central around here lol. I need some new rotors and pads for a 04 tundra lots of towing and I speed too. And a corrolla the lady drives and I thought I went fast till I met her. I just want stopping power and rotors that last and pads that wont crap my rims on the tundra I was looking at the powerstop break kit for the tundra but wanted to make sure that would satisfy my needs
    PM Sent! Thanks!
    Looking To Upgrade Your Toyota Tundra?
    Toyota Tundra Brakes | Toyota Tundra Tonneau Covers | Toyota Tundra Running Boards | Toyota Tundra Nerf Bars | Toyota Tundra Intakes / Exhaust / Tuners

PM US FOR "TUNDRASOLUTIONS" FORUM DISCOUNTS!
    Or Give Us A Call Today At 1-888-274-3308

Follow Us On Facebook!
    Facebook - AutoCustoms | Facebook - BuyBrakes.com

Liked
    2874 times
    Images

Just ordered the Hawk Quiet Slot rotors and Hawk LTS pad set from Sam @ buybrakes.com. They gave me a 5% ($15.24) TS forum discount; was kinda disappointed... was hoping for a 10% approved vendor discount. Total was $289.57. At least they had them in stock!
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Liked
    1767 times
    Images

^ I got those and stainless lines, though I got them from someone else with that has a 10% discount for TS members.
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    6 times

We offer a lowest price guarantee, so if you see these products advertised cheaper by a qualified competitor, we will beat their price(cannot be combined with discount).. If you have any questions about any product we carry or have difficulties placing your order, please feel free to PM me or give us a call at 1-888-274-9820 and we will be happy to help! We look forward to hearing from you, thanks for your support!
    Toyota Tundra Brakes | Toyota Tundra Tonneau Covers | Toyota Tundra Running Boards | Toyota Tundra Nerf Bars | Toyota Tundra Intakes / Exhaust / Tuners

Follow Us On Facebook!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I am looking to upgrade my Mazda B2600i 4x4 Cab Plus truck brakes. Mazda model is 1992. I have this truck for my scale business. Now I want to upgrade this breaks and some engine maintenance. So I just want to confirm do you have this discount on your new breaks setup or also on repairing that old?

Liked
    6 times

Quote Originally Posted by davidrock0011 View Post
    I am looking to upgrade my Mazda B2600i 4x4 Cab Plus truck brakes. Mazda model is 1992. I have this truck for my scale business. Now I want to upgrade this breaks and some engine maintenance. So I just want to confirm do you have this discount on your new breaks setup or also on repairing that old?
    PM on the way. Thanks!

Follow Us On Facebook!

Liked
    2874 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Remmy700P View Post
    Just ordered the Hawk Quiet Slot rotors and Hawk LTS pad set from Sam @ buybrakes.com. They gave me a 5% ($15.24) TS forum discount; was kinda disappointed... was hoping for a 10% approved vendor discount. Total was $289.57. At least they had them in stock!
    I've had this setup on the truck for five months now, and I can honestly say that they are the worst brakes I've ever owned. They don't have anywhere near the bite that my older Akebono ProACT ceramics had and they squeal like a schoolgirl on fire. I've had the system bled several times. I was told that these pads do not require external shims, but I'm highly doubting that assertion.

I've almost been in several rear-enders because of these brakes. Not sure if it's the pad formulation, the rotors, or both.

I'm going to pull these pads and go back to the Akebonos and see if that resolves these issues.

I'm pissed. I spent $73/set for these pads. I expected a helluva lot better than this.
    Last edited by Remmy700P; 06-18-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Liked
    1767 times
    Images

I've got a set of the Hawk PC pads, new in the box, if you want to try those. Shoot me an offer by pm if interested.
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Supporter
    Liked
    11 times

I've had this setup on the truck for five months now, and I can honestly say that they are the worst brakes I've ever owned. They don't have anywhere near the bite that my older Akebono ProACT ceramics had and they squeal like a schoolgirl on fire. I've had the system bled several times. I was told that these pads do not require external shims, but I'm highly doubting that assertion.

I've almost been in several rear-enders because of these brakes. Not sure if it's the pad formulation, the rotors, or both.

I'm going to pull these pads and go back to the Akebonos and see if that resolves these issues.

I'm pissed. I spent $73/set for these pads. I expected a helluva lot better than this.
    I thought everyone has been raving over how good this brake combo performed on the Tundra? I was thinking of purchasing this setup for my truck. Guess I'll look into another brand/setup for my truck.

Liked
    2874 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SuckersWalk View Post
    I've got a set of the Hawk PC pads, new in the box, if you want to try those. Shoot me an offer by pm if interested.
    Thanks SW. Gonna go back to the Akebono Ceramics.

The owner of the brake/muffler shop that did my brake caliper upgrade and header install said that he sees nothing but noise and problems from Hawk products. He said that our trucks require ceramic pad sets. I'm taking his advice.

Liked
    2874 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by bobbygail@aol.com View Post
    I thought everyone has been raving over how good this brake combo performed on the Tundra? I was thinking of purchasing this setup for my truck. Guess I'll look into another brand/setup for my truck.
    Yep. Not happy at all. Don't know where the raving reviews are coming from. My experience sure doesn't align with that consensus.

Supporter
    Liked
    11 times

Yep. Not happy at all. Don't know where the raving reviews are coming from. My experience sure doesn't align with that consensus.
    So do you think the Hawk rotors are worth purchasing or stay clear of the Hawk brand all together?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by bobbygail@aol.com View Post
    So do you think the Hawk rotors are worth purchasing or stay clear of the Hawk brand all together?
    Can you guys comment further on this? I too thought the Hawk Pads were suppose to be great! I was just looking at PowerSlot Cryo Rotors and the Hawk LTS pad. What recommendations do you have for pads if NOT the Hawks?

Thanks

Liked
    6 times

Were sorry to hear about your experience with your brakes Remmy, this is the first I have heard of any experience like you describe. My thoughts are maybe you are used to a more aggressive pad than the LTS and it just didnt line up with your expectations. The Hawk brand is great, I run them on every vehicle I own and never had an issue. I run the Performance Ceramics on my 06 Ranger, HP+ on my civic and several of their race compounds on my race cars. The LTS is a great pad for the normal driver in the city with occasional towing, but if you drive aggressively like I do, a higher compound is certainly in order.

Your problem is definitely pad related though, the rotors have little to with your actual stopping power, unless of course they have been glazed or not properly broken in(not saying you didnt do this, just an example). PowerSlot is pretty much the highest quality rotor you can get before going to a complete "big brake" kit sch as Brembo. There are a couple others like DBA, but for the price PowerSlot is hard to beat. Feel free to shoot me a PM, Id like to hear more from you about your experience and try to help you out.

Follow Us On Facebook!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast