Tundra front brake problems

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tundra front brake problems

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Tundra front brake problems

Need some help.Truck has 43,000 miles and I am experiencing intermittent front brake vibration.Based on all the complaints I've read,it seems the best way to permanently fix problem is to replace rotors,pads,calipers and rear drums??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    10 times
    Images

I don't know about other members but if my Tundra should start the brake vibration again (first time at 30K, 51K now without the upgrade and no problems) I'd certainly not support Toyota's parts sales by doing the fix at my expense. There are other options available that members have posted that have worked out for most of them. These are available by using the search feature. Some will be limited to club members but I'm sure you can find other alternatives than paying Toyota big bucks.

Larry
    2004 Tundra V8 Limited Access Cab 4X4, Michelin 265/65/R17 LTX-AT2's, Auto Dim Comp/Temp Mirror, Aero Turbine #2525 muffler, Access Roll Up Cover, Optima D31A battery, Multi-Vex adaptive outside mirrors, Eclipse AVN5510 Nav unit and Sirius SIR-ECL1 tuner, as of 10/07 pictures in my photo gallery

2003 Camry SE V6 Navigation, Sirius, Lunar Mist
    Optima 34R battery

If a combo of all these whizz bangs met their claims you'd have to siphon gas out of your tank every second day and sell the excess horsepower on the third????
    If your engine doesn't consume ANY oil it will seize???

Turn signals are meant to indicate intent not result.

KLS
    Liked
    4 times

New rear drums for front vibration?

The best way is to find the cause of the vibration. It could be rotors warped by unevenly tightening the lug nuts. It could be rotors warped by overheating. It could be rotors with pad material unevenly deposited on the rotor surface.
    http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/...otors_myth.htm

I believe that many folks have good long-term fixes with the original calipers (4.7" long pads) and top-quality aftermarket brake pads. Top-quality aftermarket rotors may also help, especially if the rotors are cryogenically treated before installation.

If you decide to have your present rotors resurfaced, find a shop with an on-car brake lathe.
    http://www.hunter.com/pub/product/la...1T/5071T-5.htm

Ken
    You get what you inspect
    Not what you expect.
    S&S Long Tube Hi-Torque Headers
    TRD/Eaton Limited Slip Differential
    Gibson exhaust system
    Hellwig Rear Antisway Bar
    Sylvania Xenarc H.I.D. X1010 Auxiliary Low Beam Driving Lights
    Schaeffer Engine Oil, ATF, Differential Oil
    Racor LFS22825 full-flow transmission filter
    Towing a 21' Bigfoot trailer using a Hensley Arrow hitch, Jordan brake controller, McKesh mirrors

Liked
    1 times

Default Tundra front brake problems

I have a 2000 model and started having vibs under light braking mostly down hill. My truck had almost 60k on it so I decided to change out rotors and pads. I went with Rabestos rotors and quite stop pads it's only been 2-3k since I changed but it is so much smoother and quiter. I also do not get the heavy brake dust build up on the wheels as I did with oem pads. I still have my old rotors so if do have problems I will send out one of the rotor sets to be cyro'd as Ken has mentioned, but at the time I just did not want to wait aweek to ship out and get them back.Ken gave us a links for several shops that do cyro ones in Indy,In. close but I was in a hurry to cure my vib problem. Also rabestos parts are very fair priced and I looked at all kinds of options, and posts on TS before I purchased these plus my parts guy told me if I do not like what I bought he would replace them, or refund.
    kbl41001

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Tundra front brake problems

Are there any special tools needed for removing the front rotors as I have the parts but looking at it I cant seem to figure out how to remove the front calipers to get tot he rotors....
    2000 Toyota Tundra-Onyx Black, 4.7l V8, AC, 130k miles and counting......

Mods: Eclipse AVN-2454 NAVI System, Hornet Alarm w/ LCD Pager, Nerf Bar, OEM Toyo Liner, Baby Car Seat .

Parts Purchased need installed: Q-logic Sub Box, 600watt amp, Farad Cap, Peel & Seal.

Liked
    11 times

Default Re: Tundra front brake problems

See my post on upgrading your brakes
    “The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them” (Albert Einstein)
    Moderator Brake Forum

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.