clicking noise going from park to drive, drive to reverse

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: clicking noise going from park to drive, drive to reverse

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default clicking noise going from park to drive, drive to reverse

whenever i go from park to drive or drive to reverse and give it gas from a stop i get a clicking sound, doesnt sound like driveline play, maybe it is tho. its starting to get worse never really let it bother me till now. sounds like somehtign is braking metel on metel clanking usually does it about 3 times. anybody have any suguestions ??

mods:
    donahoes,camburg uppers,MT classic II's,BFG AT KO's 285 75 16, spintech sportsman street dumped,braided steel brake lines,powerslot rotors,energy suspension sterring rack bushings, 10 pack deavers, 2.5x8 sway aways with resi (rear).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Default Re: clicking noise going from park to drive, drive to reverse

Im not a pro by any means, but I would check your u-joints. I had a similiar clunk when I went from park to reverse. It was a loud click and didn't sound good at all, it ended up that my rear most u-joint was worn and caused that noise. Now its all set. Do you get vibrations on the highway? Its a differnet feeling than tires being unbalanced. Thats another way of knowing it ould be a bad u-joint. Good luck and I hope I helped.

Joey
    2002 Toyota Tundra TRD Off-Road Package

Mods: TRD Dual Exhaust, Clear Corners, Aluminum Skid Plate, 2005 Taillights, 2005 Center Console Mod, 10" Subwoofer in Rear Seat Console, blitzsafe iPod interface, Map Light mod, 1" Daystar Lift, Force Stainless Side Steps, Pirelli Scorpion ATR's on 17's, Fog Light Mod Parts 1 & 2C...hopefully more to come

Liked
    0 times
    Images

ya know iam really not getting any vibrations at all on the freeway or at any other speed. ill have to get under the truck and take a look after work and look at the u joints. thanks for the imput.
    matt

mods:
    donahoes,camburg uppers,MT classic II's,BFG AT KO's 285 75 16, spintech sportsman street dumped,braided steel brake lines,powerslot rotors,energy suspension sterring rack bushings, 10 pack deavers, 2.5x8 sway aways with resi (rear).

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mattjensen
    ya know iam really not getting any vibrations at all on the freeway or at any other speed. ill have to get under the truck and take a look after work and look at the u joints. thanks for the imput.
    matt
    no prob matt. Report back when you've figured out what it is.
    2002 Toyota Tundra TRD Off-Road Package

Mods: TRD Dual Exhaust, Clear Corners, Aluminum Skid Plate, 2005 Taillights, 2005 Center Console Mod, 10" Subwoofer in Rear Seat Console, blitzsafe iPod interface, Map Light mod, 1" Daystar Lift, Force Stainless Side Steps, Pirelli Scorpion ATR's on 17's, Fog Light Mod Parts 1 & 2C...hopefully more to come

Liked
    0 times
    Images

u joints are fine hummm, looked under the truck pretty well everythign looks good. except my rack boot has pulled it self off teh rack and its spittin all over the place gerrr but thats unrelated.

mods:

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

hello my fellow toyoters