Rear Door Lock won't open, not a latch problem

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Rear Door Lock won't open, not a latch problem

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Rear Door Lock won't open, not a latch problem

Does anyone know how to open the rear hatch when it's not a latch problem?? I've removed the rear panels and tried pulling on the cable, and I can hear a clicking noise, but the door will not open and is still locked. Is there anyway to bypass the solnoid/actuator so that the door will open? And the same question just in case the lock is seized up?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Rear Door Lock won't open, not a latch problem

I know this post was posted a couple of years back, but I am having the same problem happening with the exception that there is no clicking noise. Pulling on the cable no longer opens the latch and the door can no longer open. I have already replaced the infamous handle. Now it seems the hatch/latch assembly went bad also. However, I cannot open the door to remove the part. Has anyone had the same problem? How can you remove the assembly when the door is still shut?