Question Fasten Seatbelt Light keeps FLASHING!

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fasten Seatbelt Light keeps FLASHING!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Fasten Seatbelt Light keeps FLASHING!

Hi guys......new Sequoia owner here!! Finally picked up a 2004 LTD 4WD!! Love it so far, but it has one annoying feature.......the "Fasten Seatbelt" light on the dash is intermittently flashing. (Yes, I have my seatbelt fastened, and both are fastened if I have a passenger!)

Anyway, I can wiggle my seatbelt "receptacle" beside the seat where you click it in and it will stop temporarily. There has to be something loose, or maybe an electrical short????

Anyone else had this experience? Not sure if this would cause any safety concerns or not.

Thanks for any input!

Here's a pic!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZQ_640.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	54379  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    5 times
    Images

Default Re: Fasten Seatbelt Light keeps FLASHING!

Wow, looks nice! Not sure about the seatbelt light? Maybe a french fry got stuck in the receptacle?? Mine is kinda worn out, but the light portion is still working. Someone might have this issue and can chime in....Good luck!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

LOL!! Not sure about the french fry...it looks like nobody ever ate in this truck!! It is almost like new!

I need to find out how these things make a connection once you click the belt in......something has to be loose or contacts bent to not make a good connection.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    277 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Guy View Post
    Hi guys......new Sequoia owner here!! Finally picked up a 2004 LTD 4WD!! Love it so far, but it has one annoying feature.......the "Fasten Seatbelt" light on the dash is intermittently flashing. (Yes, I have my seatbelt fastened, and both are fastened if I have a passenger!)

Anyway, I can wiggle my seatbelt "receptacle" beside the seat where you click it in and it will stop temporarily. There has to be something loose, or maybe an electrical short????

Anyone else had this experience? Not sure if this would cause any safety concerns or not.

Thanks for any input!

Here's a pic!!
    I had the same problem with my 2004 SR5 which I have owned since new.

Did a little bit of research and it appears that the inner seat belt buckle contains a microswitch that senses when the seat belt tab is inserted.

On the theory that the buckle or the microswitch has some dirt or debris in it, I decided to try cleaning the buckle/switch. I used MAF spray (any electronic cleaning spray would be fine, I think) and gave the buckle a couple of good long blasts through the tab opening in the top. I wrapped a cloth around the buckle first to catch the liquid solvent that ran out. And just to be clear, I did this with the buckle installed and connected - i.e. I did not remove it from the vehicle.

And.....success! No more flashing seat belt light!

As a backup, here's the part number should you need to replace the buckle - $23.84 from 1sttoyotaparts. The -B2 is a color code, so watch out for that. Also there's a different part number if you have a manual seat.

Driver seat belt inner (Buckle, W/power seat, Charcoal Left) 73240-0C050-B2

Liked
    5 times
    Images

Great solution! I'll have to try that on mine and see if the clicker part engages a little smoother.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    1 times

just unplug that harness and you won't have the light bothering you anymore. that's what i did.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Mibro - Thanks for the reply! I have some contact cleaner, so I'll hook the belt to the buckle and give it a couple of shots. This light is annoying, so I hope it works!

I looked up the part number you provided....was hoping there was a picture/explosion of the assembly, but no luck.

Will let you know if it works!!

Thanks again!!

Veteran Member
    Liked
    277 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Guy View Post
    Mibro - Thanks for the reply! I have some contact cleaner, so I'll hook the belt to the buckle and give it a couple of shots. This light is annoying, so I hope it works!

I looked up the part number you provided....was hoping there was a picture/explosion of the assembly, but no luck.

Will let you know if it works!!

Thanks again!!
    Not so fast. Update....not a permanent fix. Seemed to work for a while but flashing seatbelt light has returned. Next step - remove and inspect the buckle assembly. If I don't find any problems - e.g. cut/broken wires - then I'll replace it.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

OK......I tried spraying contact cleaner in the assembly......seemed to improve for a day or two, but it's back to flashing 75% of the time. Might see how hard it is to remove the buckle assembly. Let me know if there are any tips to remove it!

Please keep updating!!

Thanks!

Liked
    0 times

I know this is an old post but I am having this issue now? Any updates on how to fix it?
    2004 Tundra DC 4x4 Mostly stock (for now)Maganflow Exhaust WAAG Brushguard Leer Camper shell with custom built roof rack BFG KOs more to come....

Veteran Member
    Liked
    277 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesw3 View Post
    I know this is an old post but I am having this issue now? Any updates on how to fix it?
    Replace the driver inner seat belt assembly 73230-0C050-B2. B2 is the color code and may be different for your Sequoia.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.