Replacing lights in Sequoia interior

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Replacing lights in Sequoia interior

Liked
    0 times

Default Replacing lights in Sequoia interior

A lot of my dash and interior bulbs are burned out (2005 Sequoia limited) and I'm wondering about parts required and best techniques for accessing the bulbs.
    -Driver's side heated seat indicator light is burned out
    -no lights behind any of the 4x4 controls (diff lock, 4x4 on/off)
    -no lights behind the mirror adjustment (mirror angle adjust, fold down, etc).

I know that there should be a light in the heated seat switch, but the 4x4 controls and mirror adjustments are completely black and I'm not sure if they even have bulbs behind them. Thanks for any info!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Replacing lights in Sequoia interior

Curious about the same thing. Wonder why a lot of the bulbs in my Sequoia are burnt out? Cheap bulbs or some other electrical problem? Shoot, my 99 Chrysler T&C never had a bulb to burn out that I remember.

Liked
    0 times

thanks for the reply bigd9! I guess my biggest question is whether there is supposed to be illumination behind the 4wd controls and the mirror adjustment/power folding switches.
    They've been dark since I got the vehicle and I'm not sure whether those switches even support lights to be burnt out!

Liked
    0 times

I'll look today at my 2004 and see. That is if the garage door isn't frozen shut again with this ice storm. I wish the cruise control stalk had lights. At night it is impossible to see the switches let alone set the darn thing. I guess I will evidently memorize the settings.

Liked
    0 times

thanks bigd9. i'll look forward to hearing whether you have lights behind your mirror and 4wd controls! thanks again and good luck w/the ice storm!

Liked
    5 times

I have a 2005 and there are no lights on the mirror controls or 4x4 controls. My heated seat lights still work, but I'm sure I'm on borrowed time;-) Let us know if you figure out a way to change the light inside the switch...
    Last edited by SteveInCal; 12-21-2010 at 01:26 PM.

Liked
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by SteveInCal View Post
    I have a 2005 and there are no lights on the mirror controls or 4x4 controls. My heated seat lights still work, but I'm sure I'm on borrowed time;-) Let us know if you figure out a way to change the light inside the switch...
    Hey Taiko, FYI there are lights behind the 4x4 control buttons. I just couldn't see them during the day. Sorry for the mix-up.

Liked
    0 times

There is? Shoot, now I need to look for a burnt out bulb.

Liked
    23 times
    Images

Yup. All the buttons on the center stack should be lit. The mirror controls do not have lights.
    05 Sequoia 4x4 Ltd. Phantom Grey Pearl, Weld 20" wheels on Michelin tires, MagnaFlow cat-back, Amsoil fluids, custom 15" overhead DVD system, Eclipse NAV system w/camera, Sirius tuner, HD Radio tuner. HAT tweeters, Scanspeak mids and DLS coaxials, TRU B-2110 and H-1 amps, 13" eD sub, iPod hookup. SilverStar Ultra lamps, Bilsteins all around.

Liked
    0 times

wow. thanks SteveInCal and czechm8. I'm in the same boat as BigD9- now I have to replace the 4x4 array bulbs too. What's the best way to get behind the center stack...do I have to pull the whole dash? Hate it when that happens hopefully there will be an easy replace technique.

In other notes, I'm excited as I've been working on lots of other mods. I've got the Tundra foglight switch (84160-0C010) on order and will be adding a bullbar (well, should really say -pushbar, similar to the westin) with PIAA 520s on it controlled by the Tundra switch (in addition to the limited fogs).

I got the truflow intake installed and I'm not pulling any more codes which is nice. I'm happy with the torque improvement from that.

I'm still thinking about getting a magnaflow muffler put in, and especially keep thinking about the jba headers. probably not this season but maybe during the summer.

I'll post pics when I install the secondary fogs (prob in January).

thanks for any tips on the 4x4 light replacement.

Banned
    Liked
    0 times

Nice discussion That's what i love in this forum..

Liked
    23 times
    Images

Taking the center stack out is easy. Push the two air vents all the way up to reveal a screw on each. Remove the two screws and then firmly grab the housing where the two screw slots are and pull straight out. The whole thing will just snap out. Disconnect the 4 wiring connectors at the bottom and you can remove it. Don't worry about remembering how the 4 connectors go back in - they are all different sizes so it's pretty fool-proof. You will have to reset your clock when you put it back together.

I run the Magnaflow 15808 cat-back kit on my '05 Sequoia and I like it. I recently had mine replaced under warranty after 80K miles. (the muffler came apart at one seam) They replaced it with brand new-no questions asked. Just had to pay for installation.

The new kit is a rear exit - even though their site shows a side exit (like my old one). This is a better setup because the resonator is bigger on this new kit and helps with the drone I used to get at around 1700 RPM. They have great service and I wouldn't hesitate to go with Magnaflow again.

Quote Originally Posted by taiko View Post
    wow. thanks SteveInCal and czechm8. I'm in the same boat as BigD9- now I have to replace the 4x4 array bulbs too. What's the best way to get behind the center stack...do I have to pull the whole dash? Hate it when that happens hopefully there will be an easy replace technique.

In other notes, I'm excited as I've been working on lots of other mods. I've got the Tundra foglight switch (84160-0C010) on order and will be adding a bullbar (well, should really say -pushbar, similar to the westin) with PIAA 520s on it controlled by the Tundra switch (in addition to the limited fogs).

I got the truflow intake installed and I'm not pulling any more codes which is nice. I'm happy with the torque improvement from that.

I'm still thinking about getting a magnaflow muffler put in, and especially keep thinking about the jba headers. probably not this season but maybe during the summer.

I'll post pics when I install the secondary fogs (prob in January).

thanks for any tips on the 4x4 light replacement.
    05 Sequoia 4x4 Ltd. Phantom Grey Pearl, Weld 20" wheels on Michelin tires, MagnaFlow cat-back, Amsoil fluids, custom 15" overhead DVD system, Eclipse NAV system w/camera, Sirius tuner, HD Radio tuner. HAT tweeters, Scanspeak mids and DLS coaxials, TRU B-2110 and H-1 amps, 13" eD sub, iPod hookup. SilverStar Ultra lamps, Bilsteins all around.

Liked
    0 times

Thanks for the tips on removing the dash czechm8! Very much appreciated.
    I also greatly enjoyed reading your magnaflow catback review. I have been thinking about it seriously...although I have also thought about just replacing the muffler, I may go the entire catback route. I love magnaflow and have a setup on my 4runner, I'm very pleased.
    Are you also running the jba headers?

Looking forward to getting those pesky lights replaced. I wonder what size goes on the 4x4 stack behind the dash. Guess I'll have to pull it to find out. I'll post pics

Liked
    23 times
    Images

No headers on mine. The nice thing about going with the full cat-back is that I still have my stock exhaust system that is basically brand new in case I ever want to go back.

Liked
    0 times

I found a nice dyno chart for the Magnaflow 15808 on a Sequoia (see attached). It's looking better all the time.

The best price I've found so far is at amazon for $527 w/free shipping. If there is better out there I'd be grateful for any leads. Thanks so much.

Planning on pulling the dash this evening and finding out what kind of bulbs go behind the 4x4 switch cluster. Bringing the camera out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magnaflow 15808 Dyno for Sequoia.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	57579  

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast