Posted this in the Technical Forum as well.
2002 Sequoia, 250K miles
Been having rough acceleration for the last month or so, and I cannot find the problem. No codes, so that makes it harder. It happens intermittently and mostly when:
- Using Cruise Control, you can feel the slight misses (light sputtering), not enough to create a jerky action, but it is there every 5-10 seconds
- Accelerating from a slow down while turning, e.g. turning right through a Yield sign, sometimes there's enough hesitation for there to be a jerk
- Accelerating very slowly from 20 to 50 mph, you can feel the light sputtering and occasionally there'll be a small jerk
What I've done:
- Changed plugs in Feb 2012, just 17K miles ago, NGK Iridiums, pulled plugs last night and inspected, gaps were at .031, no carbon buildup or otherwise
- Cleaned intake with carb cleaner
- Changed fuel filter
- Ran a tank with Seafoam
- Changed air filter
- I also changed the TPS a few months ago after getting the appropriate code, maybe I messed up on the install?
- ignition coils
- the other TPS (forgot the name, APPS?, on the other side of the intake)
- changing the plugs
- adding a water remover to gas tank
But remember no codes, which would indicate problems with the TPS and ignition coils.
Any ideas anyone?