Daystar Level / Lift & Spidertrax spacers finally on!

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Daystar Level / Lift & Spidertrax spacers finally on!

Liked
    11 times

Default Daystar Level / Lift & Spidertrax spacers finally on!

***Pics were accidentally deleted. Go to page 3 to see the pics!***

So I finally got around to installing the Daystar 3/2 lift and Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers yesterday afternoon. The front was rather easy(it only took me about 30-40 minutes per side using basic hand tools) but the back was a different story. The front spacers:
    [IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/TruBlu03/20130113_123131.
    The back gave me some problems because it was hard to get the rear end up high enough to drop the rear axel enough to get the springs and spacers back in there. After a little redneck engineering we finally got the back of the truck high enough and were able to slide springs in. It was dark and raining when we got finished so I wasn't able to get any pics last night. It is still raining but I went ahead and snapped a few here at the fire house this morning.

A way before and after, doesn't even look like the same truck! Lol

I have heard nothing but good things about Spidertrax products and I will say that I am more than impressed with the quality of the spacers. They came packaged nicely and even included a tube of red Loc-tite with each pair. They completely eliminated the rubbing on the frame and gave the truck a much more aggressive stance.

A couple comparison shots:

You can see how much the tires were rubbing before:

Overall I am very pleased with the look and ride. I honestly can't really tell any difference in the ride but I can definitely it sits higher while I'm driving down the road!
    Last edited by Daniel Day; 03-29-2014 at 12:08 PM.
    DiScoTeknix likes this.
    2001 Sequoia SR5- Satin Black wheels with 285/70/17 Goodyear MT-Rs, Daystar 3/2 lift kit and Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Daystar Level / Lift & Spidertrax spacers finally on!

Looks great!!!

Liked
    3 times

Right on, man. Looks aweesome!

Supporter
    Liked
    2 times

Nicely done! Black is the new chrome. You even opted for the black pearl badges.

Liked
    11 times

Thanks guys, looks so much better, I love it.
    2001 Sequoia SR5- Satin Black wheels with 285/70/17 Goodyear MT-Rs, Daystar 3/2 lift kit and Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Looks good thanks for the pics.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Man, that looks good. I'm very tempted to do this to mine once I get some more money.

Liked
    11 times

Thanks again guys. Ohiostate668, it honestly wasn't that expensive. You can get the lift for around $170, the wheel spacers for $200 and then the tires are obviously the most expensive part. But I bought my tires off CL and got a great deal, so it can be done for fairly cheap.
    I parked beside a stock Tundra at the gas station yesterday and I could really tell how much of a height difference there actually is!

And I snapped a couple more pics with a better background than my fire house parking lot, lol.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

First of all I regret not buying a sequoia now, it looks bad!! Good job. Second what was your deciding factor for the daystar leving kit over 5100's or any other lifts? I keep lookin on craigslist everyday for those wheels and 285's! Looks like you need to add somthing new to your "TO DO LIST".
    Last edited by asugm13; 01-16-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Liked
    11 times

Quote Originally Posted by asugm13 View Post
    First of all I regret not buying a sequoia now, it looks bad!! Good job. Second what was your deciding factor for the daystar leving kit over 5100's or any other lifts? I keep lookin on craigslist everyday for those wheels and 285's! Looks like you need to add somthing new to your "TO DO LIST".
    Thanks! Honestly, I found a really good deal on the Daystar at Suspensionconnection.com and told my wife about it(Christmas gift from her). And I had heard nothing but good things about Daystar so it was an easy decision. I looked into getting the 5100s but I came out a lot cheaper this way and the ride is still as good as stock. And thanks for the heads up, I updated my sig now! Lol

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

beast!

Liked
    11 times

Thanks Vinny! I finally got around to getting some post install measurements and it was 37.3" at the front fenders and 38.1" out back. If I remember correctly, with stock suspension and the 285/70s, the front measured 34.5" and the back was around 36.5". So if my calculations are correct(you never know, lol), I gained almost 3" in the front and about 1.5" in the rear.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I'm doing the exact same thing, I cant wait till my parts come in!

Liked
    11 times

Update: Got the alignment and put a little over 1000 miles on it since the lift and all is good. Still rides/drives smooth and I get a lot of questions and thumbs up when I'm in town. Other than my wife whining about how hard it is for her to get in now(she is only 5', lol), I have zero complaints with the lift. And of course I couldn't not post a couple new pics...

Liked
    0 times
    Images

That looks so sick! what a difference! you should do a front bumper and pre runner type flares..

also I have those spacers, they look great without center caps.
    easternboarder

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast