Heated seats upgrade

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heated seats upgrade

Liked
    0 times

Default Heated seats upgrade

We just picked up a 2002 desert sand Sequoia SR5. We got the SR5 rather than a limited b/c my wife wanted the desert sand color, which isn't available in the Limited version. We were able to get just about every option we wanted, except the heated seats. Our dealer has a company in Seattle that can retrofit heaters on our existing seats, but it won't be stock, and they don't use the system/buttons that are in the Limiteds.

Do any of you know of a way to get stock heated seats in an SR5, or at least use the heating activation system in the Limiteds, to activate retrofitted seats?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

dhclark,

some time ago, if i remember correctly, a member got aftermarket seat heaters and used the LTD switches. you should ask the aftermarket company if they can use the stock swithes in place of their switches. i don't see why they couldn't because in most cases a switch is a switch.

Chris
    2001 Sequoia 2WD SR5
    Mods:
    Rollers - 18x9 JAOS Super Ziga wrapped w/ 285/65 BFG A/Ts, Suspension: SAW 2.0 Adj. Coilovers, UCAs, Rear Coilspacers I.C.E. - Clarion H/U w/ built in monitor, DVD Player, Drop Down, Headrest Monitors, Exterior: - Stock OEM Foglights, Wings West Spoiler, Engine: TRD Drop-In Filter

Liked
    0 times

Default switch not used

Simias,

I'd be curious if someone knows about which company he went with. The company that our dealer uses (Classic Softtrim, http://www.classicsofttrim.com/ ) apparently does not use the switches b/c they're "incompatible" with the heater elements that they install to the seats. They apparently put their own switch on the side of each seat. Problem with that is that it's nice to be able to turn on the passenger seat ahead of time if you're going to pick someone up, but you wouldn't be able to reach the far side of the passenger seat with the button where they put it.

another nice feature of the stock buttons is that they're a two-step switch (low and high).

I think the reason CS may avoid using the stock switches is that they'd have to wire into the center console, which would require taking it apart. Another step they don't want to do.

Any idea how to find the comment from the other TS member?

thanks for your help.

Liked
    0 times

sorry dhclark. it was so long ago (early last year) so i don't remember anything other than why he got it done.

i'll look around on my own and see if i can find anything else as well.

Chris
    2001 Sequoia 2WD SR5
    Mods:
    Rollers - 18x9 JAOS Super Ziga wrapped w/ 285/65 BFG A/Ts, Suspension: SAW 2.0 Adj. Coilovers, UCAs, Rear Coilspacers I.C.E. - Clarion H/U w/ built in monitor, DVD Player, Drop Down, Headrest Monitors, Exterior: - Stock OEM Foglights, Wings West Spoiler, Engine: TRD Drop-In Filter

Liked
    0 times

Default Heated Seats

I think (and I stress think) that the stock heated seats only operates if someone is sitting on the seat, regardless if the switch is on or not. I tried warming up the passenger seat before my wife got in and she said it was cold, but then heated up as soon as she sat down. Now when it's cold, I turn the button on and put pressure on the seat (so the seat belt sign blinks) with my hand and the seat warms up. Anyone else or I am whacked?!

Liked
    0 times

Default back up sensors?

does anyone know a place in or around phoenix that installs back up sensors?
    2004 Sequoia Limited 4X4, Phantom Gray Pearl, Black Pearl Emblems, Wood grain, Hood Protector, TRD air filter, Amsoil oil 5X30 since day one, Toyota 90915-20004 Japan oil filter. “Toyota: We may not be the fastest off the line, but our stamina will out last the best.”

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.