Toyota Tundra Forums banner

whats a good double din DVD for 2004 Tundra

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  bmac2 
#1 ·
What would be a good Double-Din DVD for a 2004 DC Tundra? I see that Kenwood makes one and I can get it on ebay for $900 or less. If I dont change any component speakers, would the sound quality be different going though the Double-Din aftermarket system as opposed to my factory JBL system head unit? I want to add a rear camera as well. I have the JBL system with the factory amp and I added the Bazooka VSE sub under teh rear seat. Just wandering if adding a new head unit would change anything. I will have to get the harness for the hookup and the steering wheel controls as well. Plus I have XM radio and this will eliminate the extra xm unit stuck out on my dash since most new aftermarket units have xm ready compatability

#2 ·
alpine w200. winner! :tu: :tu: :tu:

touch screen, aux vid input, double din, and yes it will sound different than your stock system. i think the w200 might even have time correction too. 3 pre outs (sub pre out). super easy to install. what more could you ask for? :)

#3 ·
Kenwood DDX6019. Have it, love it. ( see your other post for other info)

#4 ·
I have 3 different friends with teh alpine unit, and they all LOVE it. Lots of hook ups for different things, picutre quality rocks, and it fits perfect, very easy install. Kenwoods are nice, but the Alpine really rocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.