Gas pedal problem???

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gas pedal problem???

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Gas pedal problem???

does anyone experienced a problem with gas pedal not giving gas? I'm depressing the pedal all the way down just to give enough gas to move my 2001 SR5 4wd. besides VSC/TRAC, ABS, Check engine lights are all on, I had it scanned and the code read C1203. The mechanic inspected everything but didn't find any apparent fault. We are suspecting on the throttle or ECU. Any ideas why it's happening.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    34 times

When C1203 comes up by itself, it usually meaNS TO CHECK YOUR BRAKES AND THE BRAKE FLUID LEVEL
    tHE LACK OF THROTTLE RESPONSE IS USUALLY THE THROTTLE PEDAL POSITION SENSOR. It found on the passenger side of the throttle body

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Can the throttle pedal sensor affect performance of the pedal? We had the throttle installed on another vehicle it worked just fine. Could there be some ECU software problem that restrains gas flow. Can it be reset or something.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by monseq
    . . . besides VSC/TRAC, ABS, Check engine lights are all on, I had it scanned and the code read C1203. . . .
    I'd be willing to guess that the throttle issue is merely a symptom of a much different problem. You could always try disconnecting the battery and allowing the truck to sit for 1/2 hr to clear all electronic system memories, ECUs, etc. Reconnect the battery and all systems start afresh (hopefully). BEWARE - this could also kill the system for good!

That's an old IT consultants trick - if all else fails just re-initialize all electronics - the vehicle MAY have just "dropped a zero" and locked up.

Good luck, keep us posted!

Paul

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.