Programming New Remote Transmitter(s) on Port Installed Keyless Entry System - Page 2

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Programming New Remote Transmitter(s) on Port Installed Keyless Entry System

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Programming New Remote Transmitter(s) on Port Installed Keyless Entry System

Please help. I have a 2004 Sequoia. The two remotes which came with the vehicle both stopped working. I purchased a new remote with FCC ID: ELVATDD from the dealer. I have tried the procedure above and I can not get the remote to work. Can someone help???

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Smile Re: Programming New Remote Transmitter(s) on Port Installed Keyless Entry System

Quote Originally Posted by 68KANE View Post
    Okay, for those of you (like me) that have this remote #ELVAT1B and do NOT have a security system installed, I finally got the remote programmed. I, too only had one remote and finally the battery died so I changed it. Remote no worky after that. I searched around here and found several threads and called Gulf States Toyota and their tech was EXTREMELY helpful.

The tech walked me through the programming for my 04 Tundra DoubleCab but we were unable to successfully program the darn remote. He asked if I wanted him to email me some PDF files for this keyless system and I told him yes of course.

In the file "multi_vehicle_gst_keyless_identification_programm ing_guide_audiovox_1997_07.pdf" it says on page one below first remote pictured (GST Part# 00012-KS004) *NOTE: Keyless Entry w/Security is installed in the Celica and Rav4, but Keyless Entry ONLY is installed in the Corolla, Camry and Tundra D Cab (2004-2006). Going to page three of thirteen in that PDF you come to the GST Keyless Programming Guide. Which is as follows:

Step 1: To get started, enter the vehicle and close all doors, then lock the doors by using the door lock switch mounted on the driver's door panel.

Step 2: Turn the vehicle's ignition key ON then OFF 7 times ....ending in the off position. (personal observation was that no time necessary to wait between cycles)

Step 3: Press and Hold the Lock button on the transmitter (remote) until the Driver's Door Unlocks. (personal observation was that my doors didn't unlock but once I held the lock button on the remote for a couple seconds, I pressed unlock and all doors unlocked. This seems to conflict with another manual that says for step 3 to press and hold the unlock button until driver's door unlocks. You may have to try both to see what works for your vehicle.)

Step 4: Lock all doors by using the door lock switch mounted on the driver's door panel.

Step 5: Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for all transmitters that you need to program to operate the vehicle. Max of 4 per vehicle.

I hope this helps some people and saves some of you guys the 40-50 bucks the dealers want to do this for you. I will post this in several threads concerning this problem.
    YES!!! Thank You! This one worked, I've tried several. I have Remote ELVAT1B.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Programming New Remote Transmitter(s) on Port Installed Keyless Entry System

This also worked for me. The trick is to do everything within 15 seconds. This means you really have to work the ignition key back and forth.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I have an 03 Sequoia that had 2 ELVAT1B remotes. They both were replaced during warranty. Now out of warranty, one failed after the other one. I bought four replacements (used) from Ebay (3 elvat1b and 1 elvatdd), but for the life of me, I could not get them programmed. I followed the steps outlined in the above threads but is still unsuccessful.

I went to Autozone and tried to test the remotes with the battery tester to see if any of the 4 remotes emit an RF signal. The result was negative. It seems that every other remote will emit an RF signal programmed or not, right? If it does not emit an RF signal (with fresh batteries), does this mean the remotes are all bad or is the main control unit in the car is bad?

Could someone test their working remote at an autozone (auto parts store) or use a RF tester, and let me know if it emits and RF signal or not?

Maybe I just have to pay a brand new one from the stealership.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Okay, for those of you (like me) that have this remote #ELVAT1B and do NOT have a security system installed, I finally got the remote programmed. I, too only had one remote and finally the battery died so I changed it. Remote no worky after that. I searched around here and found several threads and called Gulf States Toyota and their tech was EXTREMELY helpful.

The tech walked me through the programming for my 04 Tundra DoubleCab but we were unable to successfully program the darn remote. He asked if I wanted him to email me some PDF files for this keyless system and I told him yes of course.

In the file "multi_vehicle_gst_keyless_identification_programm ing_guide_audiovox_1997_07.pdf" it says on page one below first remote pictured (GST Part# 00012-KS004) *NOTE: Keyless Entry w/Security is installed in the Celica and Rav4, but Keyless Entry ONLY is installed in the Corolla, Camry and Tundra D Cab (2004-2006). Going to page three of thirteen in that PDF you come to the GST Keyless Programming Guide. Which is as follows:

Step 1: To get started, enter the vehicle and close all doors, then lock the doors by using the door lock switch mounted on the driver's door panel.

Step 2: Turn the vehicle's ignition key ON then OFF 7 times ....ending in the off position. (personal observation was that no time necessary to wait between cycles)

Step 3: Press and Hold the Lock button on the transmitter (remote) until the Driver's Door Unlocks. (personal observation was that my doors didn't unlock but once I held the lock button on the remote for a couple seconds, I pressed unlock and all doors unlocked. This seems to conflict with another manual that says for step 3 to press and hold the unlock button until driver's door unlocks. You may have to try both to see what works for your vehicle.)

Step 4: Lock all doors by using the door lock switch mounted on the driver's door panel.

Step 5: Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for all transmitters that you need to program to operate the vehicle. Max of 4 per vehicle.

I hope this helps some people and saves some of you guys the 40-50 bucks the dealers want to do this for you. I will post this in several threads concerning this problem.
    I was wondering if you have the identification process for this system and if so could you post it? I bought a used 2006 Tundra Double Cab SR5 and it only came with one key and no remotes. I went to the local dealer and they told me that it had port installed keyless entry and from the research that i have done on this, it seems that i have the same system and i would like to verify that before i go out a buy fob's for it. I appreciate the help in advance! Thanks!
    2006 Tundra Double Cab, K&N Air Filter, nerf bars, Pioneer AVH X4500-BT Double-DIN head unit, 10" Rockford Fostgate shallow mount sub, Kenwood 600W 2-channel amp, JL Audio JX360/2 amp, Infinity Reference 6030cs components, Bilstein 5100s in front and rear, BA Muffler for exhaust

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

One of my kids is my personal "geek squad." I tell him to go out and reprogram the remote and he will figure it out. Well this one stumped him. He gave me the post about using the lock and unlock sequence with the driver door. I tried it and couldn't get it to work. He tried it and gave up. I then went on this site and used 68Kane's Method. Worked like a champ. Thanks 68Kane. You rock.

(Now I know at least one thing more than my geek squad son for once.)

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Please help. I have a 2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 with a Texas port installed remote that needs programming. The FCC ID is ELVATDD. Can someone please help me find the instructions?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times
    Images

Here is the hope it saves you a buck or two info on the Gulf States Toyota port installed keyless entry aftermarket alarm system that they installed in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Toyota cars and trucks. These systems come with a plain (no Toyota emblem) 3 button remote control, buttons are off to the left side of the remote, "lock" "unlock" and a red panic button on the back. The one that I had for my 2002 Celica had a FCC ID: ELVAT1B, funny that my 2002 4-Runner and 2002 Tundra came with the factory RS system installed as they all came from the same dealer in Texas. This system likes to flake out and has left me stranded several times, please learn from my frustration. Ok my alarm arms and will not turn off when I press the button on my remote, the doors do not unlock? The alarm ECU has lost touch with the remote and does not recognize it anymore, when this happens and you use the key to get into the car, the alarm goes off and you will not be able to start your car or truck as it has disabled your ignition circuit. Here is how you get past it, use your key to open the door, as the alarm goes off, get inside, shut the door, now start turning the key on and off while at the same time start pushing the red valet light / button on the dash in and out after a few times of doing this the alarm will disarm and you can now start your car or truck. Now that you are mobile again you will need to reprogram the remote to work with the alarm again the post above will work to do that but it might take several tries. On my Celica I had to get in (all other doors were closed and locked) and then lock the driver's door with the manual rocker near the door handle, 7 times on and off stopping on off key in pressed the unlock button and it started working again. This is not a good alarm system and it seems that this happens often, to me three times now in 10 years, I assume that the T taps that they used when they installed the alarm at port have something to do with it as it has only started to do this after I reached 150K miles 6 years or it may be a cheap unit??? Never had a problem with the 4-Runner or my Tundra and the factory installed RS system, hope this helps someone out!!! Good luck!!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

i got mine with free programming instructions from the site below

keyless remote replacement

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

i own 2004 toyota sequoia sr5 which has window sticker saying this vehicle is equipped with toyota anit theft security system. i have keyfob with fcc id # ending at 1B and i tried the procedure stating close the doors and turn key 7 times then press lock or unlock button for more than 3 seconds but it doesnt seems working i have tried all other ways too i found here, can anyone please help me program the keyfob?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I have the same problem, identical to yours, if you get an answer let me know.
    1larry.washington@gmail.com, 352-422-4237.

Larry Washington

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I too have the ELVAT1B / '04 Sequoia; here's what happened...

Finally got the remote to work with these instructions; but ONLY the LOCK func. and the PANIC func. I spoke to Gulf State Toyota and I checked voltages and install of unit behind kick panel... all that was fine. So, now I can LOCK the car as I leave it (better than NOTHING before) and I can make the horn sound with the PANIC func. (Yippeee) BUT no unlock and no rear window control from remote. This is WEIRD.... any suggestions??? and by the way... THANK YOU FOR ALL THE $$ Saving tips and the time that you all take to post and reply!!

(I posted this on an older thread but figured this one might be better and more current)

Happy Thanksgiving...

Lurking Member
    Liked
    1 times

Mine will not go into programming mode. The dealer said it was the ecu or a door sensor. .??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12