Programming New Remote Transmitter(s) on Port Installed Keyless Entry System

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Programming New Remote Transmitter(s) on Port Installed Keyless Entry System

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Programming New Remote Transmitter(s) on Port Installed Keyless Entry System

Hello everyone,

I purchased my 2004 Sequoia SR5 new; about the only options not on it were the Keyless Entry System and Leather/Steering Wheel Controls.

Shortly after purchasing, I bought a Keyless Entry System (Part Number 00012-C0320) specific to the "southeast" region from Texas Toyota of Grapevine for about $120 along with other odds and ends. It came with two transmitters.

About 6 months ago, my wife accidentally washed her keyless entry transmitter and it no longer worked. I purchased another used remote with the same FCC ID and downloaded instructions here on programming an additional transmitter. Well, stupid me didn't consider that the port installed keyless entry system would have a different programming sequence than the factory installed keyless entry system. So the factory instructions did not get me into programming mode. There were no re-programming instructions supplied with the PIO keyless entry system that I purchased.

I have called Texas Toyota several times, but continue to get the "we're working on it" line. I don't doubt they are trying to help, but one would think a Southeast Distributor dealer has run into this issue before.

Dealers locally in Tennessee are baffled as to what to do and want $100 to do something about it. I'd rather just buy a whole new system, plus I'll have this same problem again at some point down the road.

I've looked around in the knowledge base here a little bit. About the only thing I've discovered are re-programming instructions for the VIP3200 system for Tundras and factory Sequoia/Tundra/etc. system programming instructions.

If anyone could point me to instructions on programming transmitters for a Southeast distributor port installed keyless entry system, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
    --------------
    bill99gxe

His: 94 Nissan Maxima - Super White/Tan Cloth
    Hers: 2004 Sequoia SR5 - Blue Marlin/Grey Cloth

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Assistant Administrator nhparrot's Avatar
    Liked
    19 times

Default Re: Programming New Remote Transmitter(s) on Port Installed Keyless Entry System

Quote Originally Posted by bill99gxe
    Hello everyone,

I purchased my 2004 Sequoia SR5 new; about the only options not on it were the Keyless Entry System and Leather/Steering Wheel Controls.

Shortly after purchasing, I bought a Keyless Entry System (Part Number 00012-C0320) specific to the "southeast" region from Texas Toyota of Grapevine for about $120 along with other odds and ends. It came with two transmitters.

About 6 months ago, my wife accidentally washed her keyless entry transmitter and it no longer worked. I purchased another used remote with the same FCC ID and downloaded instructions here on programming an additional transmitter. Well, stupid me didn't consider that the port installed keyless entry system would have a different programming sequence than the factory installed keyless entry system. So the factory instructions did not get me into programming mode. There were no re-programming instructions supplied with the PIO keyless entry system that I purchased.

I have called Texas Toyota several times, but continue to get the "we're working on it" line. I don't doubt they are trying to help, but one would think a Southeast Distributor dealer has run into this issue before.

Dealers locally in Tennessee are baffled as to what to do and want $100 to do something about it. I'd rather just buy a whole new system, plus I'll have this same problem again at some point down the road.

I've looked around in the knowledge base here a little bit. About the only thing I've discovered are re-programming instructions for the VIP3200 system for Tundras and factory Sequoia/Tundra/etc. system programming instructions.

If anyone could point me to instructions on programming transmitters for a Southeast distributor port installed keyless entry system, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
    What is the FCC# on the fobs?
    ~Glenn
    Yes I am a pirate!

"To err is human. To arrr is pirate."

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Programming New Remote Transmitter(s) on Port Installed Keyless Entry System

The FCC ID on the remotes is ELVAT1B.
    --------------
    bill99gxe

Assistant Administrator nhparrot's Avatar
    Liked
    19 times

Quote Originally Posted by bill99gxe
    Thanks for the help Glenn. Texas Toyota sent me a new replacement remote last week while trying to figure all this out and its FCC ID is ELVATDD(the part number was 00012-0C057). Any difference in manufacturer or system type with this particular ID? I did give them the part number of the keyless system I ordered a couple of times and they were certain the ELVATDD remote they sent me was correct.

ELV is the Grantee Code which identifies the manufacturer who is: Nutek Corporation 5F, No. 3, Alley 6, Lane 45 Pao-Hsing Rd, Hsing-Tien City Taipei N/A Taiwan

The remaining characters identify the Product Code.

Product Code - AT1B operates at 434 Mhz
    Product Code - ATDD operates at 433.92 Mhz

The only way to know for sure if it will work is to try it.
    ~Glenn
    Yes I am a pirate!

"To err is human. To arrr is pirate."

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by bill99gxe View Post
    Thanks for the help Glenn. Texas Toyota sent me a new replacement remote last week while trying to figure all this out and its FCC ID is ELVATDD(the part number was 00012-0C057). Any difference in manufacturer or system type with this particular ID? I did give them the part number of the keyless system I ordered a couple of times and they were certain the ELVATDD remote they sent me was correct.
    Did you find out if the ELVATDD is a replacement for ELVAT1B? I found many of the ELVAT1B FOBs on eBay, but very few ELVATDD. Boy, are these FOBs expensive!

Liked
    2 times

Okay, for those of you (like me) that have this remote #ELVAT1B and do NOT have a security system installed, I finally got the remote programmed. I, too only had one remote and finally the battery died so I changed it. Remote no worky after that. I searched around here and found several threads and called Gulf States Toyota and their tech was EXTREMELY helpful.

The tech walked me through the programming for my 04 Tundra DoubleCab but we were unable to successfully program the darn remote. He asked if I wanted him to email me some PDF files for this keyless system and I told him yes of course.

In the file "multi_vehicle_gst_keyless_identification_programm ing_guide_audiovox_1997_07.pdf" it says on page one below first remote pictured (GST Part# 00012-KS004) *NOTE: Keyless Entry w/Security is installed in the Celica and Rav4, but Keyless Entry ONLY is installed in the Corolla, Camry and Tundra D Cab (2004-2006). Going to page three of thirteen in that PDF you come to the GST Keyless Programming Guide. Which is as follows:

Step 1: To get started, enter the vehicle and close all doors, then lock the doors by using the door lock switch mounted on the driver's door panel.

Step 2: Turn the vehicle's ignition key ON then OFF 7 times ....ending in the off position. (personal observation was that no time necessary to wait between cycles)

Step 3: Press and Hold the Lock button on the transmitter (remote) until the Driver's Door Unlocks. (personal observation was that my doors didn't unlock but once I held the lock button on the remote for a couple seconds, I pressed unlock and all doors unlocked. This seems to conflict with another manual that says for step 3 to press and hold the unlock button until driver's door unlocks. You may have to try both to see what works for your vehicle.)

Step 4: Lock all doors by using the door lock switch mounted on the driver's door panel.

Step 5: Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for all transmitters that you need to program to operate the vehicle. Max of 4 per vehicle.

I hope this helps some people and saves some of you guys the 40-50 bucks the dealers want to do this for you. I will post this in several threads concerning this problem.
    2004 Green Tundra DC SR5 V8 with stock alloy rims, leather, moonroof, nerfbars, bedliner, keyless entry, steering wheel radio control, JBL Audio, bedliner, power rear window, foglights.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

GREAT INFO!!! This thread should be made a STICKY. Johnnnnny
    2004 Ford Lightning (Sonic Blue)
    2003 Cobra with LOTS of work : ) (BLACK)
    1996 Cobra (White)
    1999 Tacoma 4 wheel drive (Purple in Color)
    2002 Tundra Limited (Dark Green or Jade In Color)
    2002 Chevy Corvette Z06 (Candy Apple Red)
    2003 HighLander Limited (Silver In Color)
    2005 Sequoia Limited (Phantom Grey)

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by 68KANE View Post
    Okay, for those of you (like me) that have this remote #ELVAT1B and do NOT have a security system installed, I finally got the remote programmed. I, too only had one remote and finally the battery died so I changed it. Remote no worky after that. I searched around here and found several threads and called Gulf States Toyota and their tech was EXTREMELY helpful.

The tech walked me through the programming for my 04 Tundra DoubleCab but we were unable to successfully program the darn remote. He asked if I wanted him to email me some PDF files for this keyless system and I told him yes of course.

In the file "multi_vehicle_gst_keyless_identification_programm ing_guide_audiovox_1997_07.pdf" it says on page one below first remote pictured (GST Part# 00012-KS004) *NOTE: Keyless Entry w/Security is installed in the Celica and Rav4, but Keyless Entry ONLY is installed in the Corolla, Camry and Tundra D Cab (2004-2006). Going to page three of thirteen in that PDF you come to the GST Keyless Programming Guide. Which is as follows:

Step 1: To get started, enter the vehicle and close all doors, then lock the doors by using the door lock switch mounted on the driver's door panel.

Step 2: Turn the vehicle's ignition key ON then OFF 7 times ....ending in the off position. (personal observation was that no time necessary to wait between cycles)

Step 3: Press and Hold the Lock button on the transmitter (remote) until the Driver's Door Unlocks. (personal observation was that my doors didn't unlock but once I held the lock button on the remote for a couple seconds, I pressed unlock and all doors unlocked. This seems to conflict with another manual that says for step 3 to press and hold the unlock button until driver's door unlocks. You may have to try both to see what works for your vehicle.)

Step 4: Lock all doors by using the door lock switch mounted on the driver's door panel.

Step 5: Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for all transmitters that you need to program to operate the vehicle. Max of 4 per vehicle.

I hope this helps some people and saves some of you guys the 40-50 bucks the dealers want to do this for you. I will post this in several threads concerning this problem.

Hmmm.....well that solves the mystery. I (unfortunately) just purchased another system I was having so many issues.
    --------------
    bill99gxe

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Programming New Remote Transmitter after batteryreplacement fcc id ELVAT1B

Hello I have a 2004 Toyo Tundra, I replaced the battery for the key fob remote and it will not activate the locks or panic button. But it does light up can anyone tell me where to find reprogramming directions for this unit. the FCC ID is: ELVAT1B

Thanks Jerry

email is rufinkle@bellsouth.net

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

If you're having problems programming your remote, you can enter you VIN number at http://www.keylessride.com and it will help you identify if a factory keyless entry or dealer/port installed system exists and what type of programming to use.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

I just purchased a '03 Sequoia SR5 today. The dealer gave me (2) ELVAT1B remotes. They didn't work. The battery is fine. I tried 68KANE's method with no luck (as well as the other methods)

After you did the 7 on/off's do you leave the key in the ignition in the off position while you push the "unlock" button? (Or in your case the "Lock" button). I thought maybe I was missing a step and should pull the key out before trying the "unlock" button. I never get confirmation nor a working remote.

They whole securekey+ bit confuses me as others with the non-existent "valet" button.

I actually have the original window sticker. And the following is the only items I could find relating to the keyless/security system.

Factory installed:
    Anti-Theft Sys & Immobilizer

Gulf States installed:
    KY Keyless Entry
    C4 Extra Mile Option Pkg (includes Glass break sensor)

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I am also waiting for a response. I am trying to program an ELVATDD fob and am having no luck. HELP!

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Okay, UPDATE!!

I was on the Phone with GST (Gulf States Toyota) and we came up with this.

The method by which you turn on & off 7 times worked, but only after I bought brand new transmitters for $28 a piece from my dealer.

I had 2 with FCC ID ELVAT1B and the new ones are ELVATDD. The Tech support guy said they don't even make the ELVAT1B anymore and that the ELVATDD replaces that item. Part Number is 000120-0C057 (I think).

I swear I read that the frequencies are different between the two remotes, but oh well. Viola it worked fine. The only thing is that the factory instructions say to hold the unlock button on the remote during Step 3 when in fact you hold the lock button on the remote.

The Tech support guy also pointed out that the ELVAT1B has a pinkish panic button and the ELVATDD has a more red colored one.

At any rate I am so glad I got mine working. I am still baffeled that two remotes would go out and was one reason I was sure it WASN'T the remotes because of probability of two going bad seem impossible, but it happened.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I'vetried all of the posted methods and have been unsuccessful. Any ideas?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I have a replacement remote from the dealer since my original ELVAT1B failed under warranty.... they replaced it with ELVATDD, which I see is on different frequencies. I tried the programming instructions here, and it did not work. I called the dealer and spoke with a service advisor, and he said I would have to buy a second DD remote since I was no longer under warranty. He transferred me to parts, and the parts guy told me that was wrong, and just to bring it in and they will re-program for $44.

He insisted you can run 2 remote frequencies on this system. It's an 03 sequoia with the SE toyota add-on security/keyless. Any thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast