Sequoia Tire Rotation/Wheel Alignment

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Sequoia Tire Rotation/Wheel Alignment

Liked
    0 times

Default Sequoia Tire Rotation/Wheel Alignment

I have an `04 Sequoia with about 22k miles on it and noticed recently that it was pulling a tad to the right while driving. I also noticed that the right front tire (OEM Dunlops) was wearing quite a bit on the outside edge.

I figured it needed a wheel alignment so brought it to a shop near me. When I came back to pick it up the guy told me that it did not need an alignment and that the radial belts in that right front tire had shifted.

He swapped the two front tires and said that the truck now does not pull to the right. He didn't charge me a dime, but my question is:

Is it ok to swap the two front tires? I thought the tires should only be rotated from front to back on the same side. Do you think driving it like this is safe for a few months until I replace all four tires?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

DJ
    Supporter
    Liked
    307 times

Default Re: Sequoia Tire Rotation/Wheel Alignment

It's safe.

Way back when steel belted radials first came out, it was unsafe to reverse their normal direction of rotation once they had been on the road for a few thousand miles. Such problems were fixed over 30 years ago.

I rotate using a "modified X" pattern: the rear wheels move across to the front and the fronts move straight to the rear. My owner's manual recommends that pattern and I've used it for 35 years.

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Sequoia Tire Rotation/Wheel Alignment

Quote Originally Posted by DJ
    It's safe.

Way back when steel belted radials first came out, it was unsafe to reverse their normal direction of rotation once they had been on the road for a few thousand miles. Such problems were fixed over 30 years ago.

I rotate using a "modified X" pattern: the rear wheels move across to the front and the fronts move straight to the rear. My owner's manual recommends that pattern and I've used it for 35 years.
    Thanks for your reply!