Rear Hatch Ajar sensor

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rear Hatch Ajar sensor

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Question Rear Hatch Ajar sensor

It seems the switch/sensor on the rear hatch of my 2002 Sequoia stopped working. It no longer turns the dome lights on when I open the hatch and I've noticed that when I use the keyless entry to unlock the vehicle and then only open the rear hatch, the vehicle doesn't realize a door has been opened and the doors relock after 30 seconds or so. I can't seem to find a plunger switch or anything obvious to replace. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

Al

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Rear Hatch Ajar sensor

I know this thread is a couple years old but I have the same problem. Is the switch in the rear hatch latch? That is the only place I think it would be. I just replaced the latch and handle because of rust in the latch and the handle breaking because of that. I thought that replacing the latch would fix the light not coming on but it didn't.

Any other suggestions/ideas?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Rear Hatch Ajar sensor

I have the same issue on my '02 Sequoia. Did anyone find the answer to where the switch is that signals the rear door is open?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.