driver side power mirror

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: driver side power mirror

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default driver side power mirror

Having problems with my 2001 sequoia's driver side side mirrors. It just started making a humming sound like the motor keeps running. The only way to keep it off is to stick a piece of paper to keep switch between on and off. Has anyone else had this problem? I downloaded the "how to take apart stuff" from the site, but i could not find the side mirror part. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be the problem? and how to fix. Any info would be appreciated....

2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited
    Royce

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default Re: driver side power mirror

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroflip View Post
    Having problems with my 2001 sequoia's driver side side mirrors. It just started making a humming sound like the motor keeps running. The only way to keep it off is to stick a piece of paper to keep switch between on and off. Has anyone else had this problem? I downloaded the "how to take apart stuff" from the site, but i could not find the side mirror part. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be the problem? and how to fix. Any info would be appreciated....

2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited
    Royce
    Are you talking about the electric side view mirror adjustment motor? (The motor that moves the glass around within the side view mirror housing) OR are you talking about the electric motor that pulls the two side view mirrors in for when you go threw the car wash or pull into a tight parking spot? Where are you sticking the piece of paper in at? Johnnny
    2004 Ford Lightning (Sonic Blue)
    2003 Cobra with LOTS of work : ) (BLACK)
    1996 Cobra (White)
    1999 Tacoma 4 wheel drive (Purple in Color)
    2002 Tundra Limited (Dark Green or Jade In Color)
    2002 Chevy Corvette Z06 (Candy Apple Red)
    2003 HighLander Limited (Silver In Color)
    2005 Sequoia Limited (Phantom Grey)

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by dssprophet View Post
    Are you talking about the electric side view mirror adjustment motor? (The motor that moves the glass around within the side view mirror housing) OR are you talking about the electric motor that pulls the two side view mirrors in for when you go threw the car wash or pull into a tight parking spot? Where are you sticking the piece of paper in at? Johnnny
    Im having the exact same problem with my 2001 Sequoia Limited, the electric motor that pulls the two side view mirrors in is making a humming sound like the motor keeps running. Any Clues on how to fix it?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Hello guys, i haven't posted in a while... still have problems with the power side mirror. It is the motor that pulls both sides in, not adjust the mirrors. I stick a piece of paper at the swith button at the center console.... If anyone has suggestions, please help... I was wondering if the problem is at the switch or at the motor itself... Thanks in advance

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

did you ever find a real fix for your mirror? Mine just started doing the same thing. I pulled the switch out and it stopped making the noise but now my mirror is a little floppy. I dont know if the switch is bad or if there is something wrong with my mirror. I never use the retract option but I would like to have it functional.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Hi -- another 2001 Sequoia... with driver side power mirror that started acting up today... the ticking is really getting annoying!!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

It's an epidemic! Mine (2001 Sequoia) just started doing the same thing, out of the blue. This afternoon, it was fine...this evening, it was running nonstop. Anybody have any thoughts about what is wrong?

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by One Degree View Post
    did you ever find a real fix for your mirror? Mine just started doing the same thing. I pulled the switch out and it stopped making the noise but now my mirror is a little floppy. I dont know if the switch is bad or if there is something wrong with my mirror. I never use the retract option but I would like to have it functional.
    I would start by testing the switch. First things first. I'm sure the test specs are on TIS and in the factory service manual.

If you can confirm that the switch is OK then you need to look at why the mirror motor is cranking when it shouldn't be. There must be some sort of a limit switch or stop-switch somewhere. I haven't taken the mirror assembly apart to see what's in there, but I'm sure the mirror control is set up to stop when a limit switch is reached.

Given mirror switch's location (and inherent abuse) I'd *almost* pick up a new mirror control switch just because it's so likely to be the problem...if you replace the part that is most likely causing the problem you can save yourself several hours of troubleshooting.

Good luck,

Greg C

Liked
    0 times

Mine started doing this as well. It turns off if I jiggle the mirror fold switch, but then comes back on every time I start the car. I disconnected the mirror switch unit, which solves the problem, and managed to take it apart, but there was no visible defect. Put it back together and plugged it in, and the problem is still there. I went to the dealer and they want $140+ for a new switch...yeah right. So if anyone knows a source for the switch cheaper could you let me and everyone else know?

Thanks

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

My power mirror problem was definitely the switch. My dealer swapped it out for a good one from another vehicle and it solved the problem immediately. Though they want $165 for a new one, I decided that having the power folding mirrors operate properly was worth it. Especially if I keep my Sequoia for several more years.

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Last march, my power fold left mirror stopped working... thankfully it is obviously within arm's reach and the passenger side still works fine. Interesting it seems to be a fairly common problem. This feature, aside from the rear window, seems pretty trick, and I have had several people comment on how nice it is (for an 01, at least).
    1988 Nissan 300zx 5spd 80,000 miles
    1995 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 5spd 90,000 miles (sold, frame shot)
    2001 Sequoia Limited 4x4 182,000 miles (some electronic issues, manifolds, otherwise solid and not a single rattle woot)
    2006 Suzuki GS500F 6spd

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I have a 2003 Sequoia Limited and am having a problem with the right side mirror. It doesn't close when I press the switch. Left (driver's) side is fine. I can hear the motor for a brief second. I had it in to the dealer for something else and they said they "cleaned up the switch" and it worked again for a brief period. I thought they meant AT the mirror, not the interior switch. When I wiggle the switch a bit I can sometimes get it to retract. So..is there a way to get under the oval plate that covers the mirror switch, and the mirror angle switches (which function fine)? Can you just pry that black plate up? Bob

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Same problem as above, 2004 Limited, any idea what the part number is for the switch? I pulled the fuse for now....... Any further insight? It's the driver side mirror, folding motor, seems to run to a limit, then pause.... and try again..... repeat then rinse???

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I need to buy a Mirror Drive Side for Tundra 2008 Limited Dbl Cab and 5.7L, no problem if is used part, but this part works correctly

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

where is the fuse? This happened to me yesterday andmy husband is out of the country. can anyone help? The ticking is awful.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.