2002 Sequoia Antenna Replacement

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2002 Sequoia Antenna Replacement

Liked
    0 times

Default 2002 Sequoia Antenna Replacement

Well, after telling her TIME AND TIME again not to do it...my wife took the truck to the car wash and didn't lower the antenna.

As you can imagine, I now have 1/2 an antenna. ANY feedback that can be given would be very much appreciated!

I saw this on a website and was wondering if it could replace a power antenna, or if anyone knows of another solution. I saw power replacements on Ebay for from $39 - $89, but I would love to replace with a stubby.

Stubbie Replacement Antenna=

Thanks in advance...

Michael
    The true test of a person’s character is not how they react when things are going well; it is how he or she performs when faced with adversity.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1 times

Default Re: 2002 Sequoia Antenna Replacement

Well you worst case is dealer parts and labor to replace the power antenna. Close to 400. I thought about using a stubby or nonpower but figured on trade or private sale the buyer would expect original equipment.

Liked
    0 times

You probably only have to replace the mast itself to keep the power antenna working for like $50 or so (not sure about the price it has been a while since I bought a mast) Or you could probably just get the antenna base for a tundra and buy the stubbie fixed antenna. The DC tundra base should be the same and do a little work with the antenna cable and you are good to go. I cannot confirm about the Tundra (but the front fenders should be the same) because I have a Seq with the antenna in the glass and a Tacoma.
    1998 Chevy Tahoe
    2008 Saturn VUE
    1993 Acura Integra

Liked
    2 times

You can get a mast only replacement from EBay for about $25. They are very easy to install.

Try antennamastsrus.com

Also, I saw some generic masts in Pep Boys for Toyota, Nissan, and GM. They were only about $20 and they may work fine.

You can replace by unscrewing a retaining nut and turning the radio on. the antenna will be pushed out. You insert the new plastic belt of the replacement and turn the radio off. It will pull the new one in.

Good Luck

Liked
    0 times

You can replace by unscrewing a retaining nut and turning the radio on. the antenna will be pushed out. You insert the new plastic belt of the replacement and turn the radio off. It will pull the new one in.
    If you are lucky it is that easy. I say about 90% of the masts I have changed on various car models about a 1-2 in peice of the old mast is broken off in the motor which means you have to take the motor out and take it apart to get the broken piece out. It is not a hard job but just time consuming.
    1998 Chevy Tahoe
    2008 Saturn VUE
    1993 Acura Integra

Liked
    0 times

Thanks to you all for your input. I will let you know how it goes.

Michael
    The true test of a person’s character is not how they react when things are going well; it is how he or she performs when faced with adversity.

Liked
    0 times

Exactly where is this "nut" that I need to remove to change just the mast??
    Winter has been hard on my mast and it is now sticking like crazy and I need a whole, complete antenna to hear certain stations.. OR is there a lubricant or cleaner that one can use to get it back working? (here I am a lube engineer asking about a lube: but, been there done that, using a lube where it should be dry and paid the price)
    George Morrison

Liked
    2 times

It is at the base of the antenna. It is probably chrome. You will have to have a spanner wrench or carefully use slot screwdrivers to "tap" it loose.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.