Question Cigarette Lighter Receptacle

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cigarette Lighter Receptacle

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Default Cigarette Lighter Receptacle

I have a 1997 Tacoma.
    I would like to have the cigarette lighter receptacle "hot" all the time for a cell phone accessory.(Currently it's only "hot" when the ignition switch is in the run or accessory position)
    Can any one tell me which wires to switch around on which fuse block so that I can accomplish this?
    Thanks'
    :happy:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1 times

Default Re: Cigarette Lighter Receptacle

Quote Originally Posted by georgie View Post
    I have a 1997 Tacoma.
    I would like to have the cigarette lighter receptacle "hot" all the time for a cell phone accessory.(Currently it's only "hot" when the ignition switch is in the run or accessory position)
    Can any one tell me which wires to switch around on which fuse block so that I can accomplish this?
    Thanks'
    If you want to do a quicky you could cut the wire to the lighter,tape the end, splice another wire from the lighter to your stereo yellow constant wire and put a 10 amp fuse inline.
    Last edited by JRE56; 06-04-2008 at 02:08 AM.

Ney
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by georgie View Post
    I have a 1997 Tacoma.
    Thanks'
    I know this is a pretty old post, but...

Toyota Tacoma Cigarette Lighter Modification

Liked
    4 times
    Images

IIRC, the cigarette lighter has its own power source, just needs a "switched" power source for it's relay, and using the suggestion above would do it.
    "You can't be afraid to reverse engineer something to see how it works." -Me

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks folks for the tip!!!!
    I want to give it a try
    What gauge wire should be used for the jumper?
    Thanks again.....

Liked
    1 times

Looking at the pics. I would say about 12 or 14 should do it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.