97 Tacoma Center drive shaft support bearing.

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: 97 Tacoma Center drive shaft support bearing.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 97 Tacoma Center drive shaft support bearing.

Hey All

My 1997 Taco 4x4 6cyl ExtendCab just failed state inspection for the center drive shaft support bearing. Id like to change it out in the driveway soon.

It doesnt look too hard , except I am concerned that the flange may be a press fit real tight. The directions state you need a few Special Service Tools. Has anyone ever done this and if so , how hard is it to get the flange from the intermediate shaft? Is that puller tool necessary , could i tap it off w\ a hammer ?

I really only ask that because the reassembly directions say you can press the flange back on with just the nut and a lot of torque.

Any one do this ? Thanks!!

Tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Talking Re: 97 Tacoma Center drive shaft support bearing.

Hey Folks I got both the flange and the bearing off with no probs. They both just wiggled off . New one went on real easy too. No noise or vibration after first few test drives.