IAT sensor wire colors and location?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IAT sensor wire colors and location?

Liked
    0 times

Default IAT sensor wire colors and location?

Does anyone know, on the V8, is the IAT sensor built into that sensor on top of the air filter box that has 5 wires into it, or possibly that sensor on the side of the air throttle body on the engine that has 6 wires into it? And if so can anyone tell me which color wires feed the IAT sensor? This is for a 2004 v8, I assume it is the same for all V8s around that year. Any help is apreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Default Re: IAT sensor wire colors and location?

The IAT sensor is an integral part of the Mass Airflow Sensor, located on the air filter box. The MAF sensor has 5 wires. The yellow wire with the green stripe is the output from the IAT and feeds terminal THA on the ECU. What are you doing?
    Last edited by hkiser; 06-16-2007 at 12:04 AM. Reason: correction
    03 Stratosphere Mica Stepside, 4.7 L, Supercharger, TRD Package, TRD Exhaust,
    Scion Head Unit 08600-21802,
    Custom leather heated seats 2 tone with TRD LOGO, Moonroof, ARE LID, ZR3 Laser Shifter, Denso IK22 .4mm Iridium Plugs, Scan Gauge 2,
    Rhino Liner, Die Hard Platinum P5 battery
    5.7 Killer

Liked
    0 times

Thanx for the info. Is one of the other wires a common ground for the IAT sensor? After having read many threads and much discussion about using resistors to alter the input to the ECU from the IAT sensor, I wanted to experiment with bypassing the IAT with various resistor values or a variable resistor, for the effect of making the mix slightly leaner. I have more than enough power for commuting, and when not towing I wanted to experiment with possibly increasing MPG, even if power is somewhat affected. As a long time tinkerer, I guess that's my nature. Also being in a higher mountain state, I wondered if my mixture is richer than when at a lower elevation so perhaps those of us in thinner air might benefit. If you have any experience or answers to those questions, your input is much appreciated!

Liked
    1 times
    Images

I have edited my previous post to correct an error. This post contains info in that post plus additional info.

Red is 12 volts from 10 amp EFI fuse. It carries power to all oxygen sensors also.

BLK with white stripe is ground to MAF sensor.

Yel with green stripe is MAF sensor output to THA input of Engine Control Module.(intake air temp circuit)

Black with yellow stripe is MAF sensor output to E2G input of ECM. I do not know what this wire does or if it could be a ground. It does not come from ground but rather from the MAF sensor. I cannot find a description of it's purpose.

Red with white stripe is MAF sensor output to input VG of ECM (intake air volume circuit)

Let us know how your project works out. Good luck.
    03 Stratosphere Mica Stepside, 4.7 L, Supercharger, TRD Package, TRD Exhaust,
    Scion Head Unit 08600-21802,
    Custom leather heated seats 2 tone with TRD LOGO, Moonroof, ARE LID, ZR3 Laser Shifter, Denso IK22 .4mm Iridium Plugs, Scan Gauge 2,
    Rhino Liner, Die Hard Platinum P5 battery
    5.7 Killer

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I dont want to sound stupid but i dont understand your post. i hooked mine up to the yellow and green wire and the red and white wire and from what i gathered i thought was the right thing to do was i wrong? any help would be appreciated.

Liked
    6 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cory04tundra View Post
    I dont want to sound stupid but i dont understand your post. i hooked mine up to the yellow and green wire and the red and white wire and from what i gathered i thought was the right thing to do was i wrong? any help would be appreciated.

I don't understand your post either .............. but I do understand the previous post.

When you say: I HOOKED MINE UP TO THE YELLOW.......

what are you talking about ??

and what are you trying to accomplish ?
    Enjoying the awesome 5.7 L engine

TRD rear Sway Bar, Billet Grille, Heated Seats, Westin Bull Bar and Skid Plate, HELLA driving Lights, Chrome handles and mirrors,

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

It appears he is trying to install a performance "chip" they connect to the IAT sensor....curious to see if it does increase mileage......

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Hi all, I have the 4.7 and looking to do the same thing, install a chip on the IAT and am trying to determine which wires to attach to. Attempted using the ohm meter but the configuration of the plug and wiring to the connector make it very difficult (impossible) to make a positive connection to follow the directions. What I am looking for are the wires to transfer the sensor data to the ECU.

Thanks for any help.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.