My '05 Tundra Wrecked

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: My '05 Tundra Wrecked

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default My '05 Tundra Wrecked

MY Truck was officially Totaled Today. I have until This Saturday to remove my Access Roll-up Tonneau Cover, Bed Rug, and Tough Country Diamond Plate Bumper.

Here are some pics..I am going to sell the parts on Ebay if I don't get a replacement '05 or '06. Is there anyone nearby that would be interested in these parts?

Tom B.

2007 - DC TRD 4x4, Slate, 5.7 SR5, Toy-Tech 3", 285/75/18 Toyo's Open Country AT , Bedrug, Truxedo Tonneau, N-Fab Nerfs, Eclipse NAV, MB Quart, RFosgate, etc., Snow-Way, TRD Sway Bar
    1971 Chevy Monte Carlo Street/Strip - 10.31 @ 130
    1970 Chevelle 454 LS6 Power
    1987 Buick T-Type, V6 Turbocharged, Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: My '05 Tundra Wrecked

man that looks pretty nasty were you alright? also what color is you interior?

SEAN
    2001 Tundra 4.7L i-Force V8
    True Flow filter, Cherry Bomb Glasspack, URD MAF calibrator, Magnaflow cats, Jet Accuspeed, NGK Iridium plugs, Royal Purple Lube, ASP Underdrive pulley, SSAUTOCHROME headers and Y Pipe, GM 12 Bolt Rear Axle, Yukon gear 4.56's and Heat Treated axles, Rear Disc Brake swap, Moser Bearing Support Diff cover and 1310 Yoke, Mark Williams Enterprises Bearing cap, Camburg UCA, Bilstein 5100 front shocks, Pro CompMX-6 12 InCh TrAvEl Rear Reservoir Shocks, Daystar AAL, Mb Blintz 16 inch wheels, 285-75-16 front 305-70-16 rear NITTO DUNE GRAPPLERS, 2006 Big Brake Upgrade, Debadged, Custom black grille and emblem, PIAA Lights, Red Hoses, Infinity Speakers, Sony XPLOD head unit w/ Bluetooth, 2 KICKER S8L5 subs powered by 800W Xplod Amp

15.56 in the 1/4 before Axle number 3, 305's, MAF calibrator, and cats
    0-60 6.2 seconds

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Cracked L-3 (lumbar) Vertebrae and broken right hand....Severe Pain in lower back and neck.

Ran over a sewer manhole where the cover was dislodged. Front tire went right into manhole at 30 mph went airborn and then hit a tree.

Gray interior. Severe frame damage..
    Tom B.

2007 - DC TRD 4x4, Slate, 5.7 SR5, Toy-Tech 3", 285/75/18 Toyo's Open Country AT , Bedrug, Truxedo Tonneau, N-Fab Nerfs, Eclipse NAV, MB Quart, RFosgate, etc., Snow-Way, TRD Sway Bar

where the beach brings tourists, nascar, and lots of bikes (FL)
    Liked
    0 times

damn man, glad your ok, but i guess your situation isnt really 'ok'... all the best for a speedy recovery.. tho i would like to keep that monte of your running
    2006 Tundra DC X-SP
    2008 Yamaha R1

Liked
    0 times
    Images

id be sueing the **** out of the county

Liked
    0 times

Sorry about your truck, it looks like it was a nice one...same color as my '03. Even more sorry that you had to suffer some rather severe injury as a result of someone else's apparent negligence and ineptitude. Just another example of how someone's careless actions can completely change a total stranger's life.

Best wishes for a full recovery.

Liked
    1 times

Interested in selling one of your rims?
    2005 Double Cab Tundra 4wd/TRD/Leather/Line-X

Liked
    0 times

whats the deal on whos paying for your truck and medical expenses? i really hope you dont have to pay out of pocket. best of luck to you on a fast recovery.

SEAN
    2001 Tundra 4.7L i-Force V8
    True Flow filter, Cherry Bomb Glasspack, URD MAF calibrator, Magnaflow cats, Jet Accuspeed, NGK Iridium plugs, Royal Purple Lube, ASP Underdrive pulley, SSAUTOCHROME headers and Y Pipe, GM 12 Bolt Rear Axle, Yukon gear 4.56's and Heat Treated axles, Rear Disc Brake swap, Moser Bearing Support Diff cover and 1310 Yoke, Mark Williams Enterprises Bearing cap, Camburg UCA, Bilstein 5100 front shocks, Pro CompMX-6 12 InCh TrAvEl Rear Reservoir Shocks, Daystar AAL, Mb Blintz 16 inch wheels, 285-75-16 front 305-70-16 rear NITTO DUNE GRAPPLERS, 2006 Big Brake Upgrade, Debadged, Custom black grille and emblem, PIAA Lights, Red Hoses, Infinity Speakers, Sony XPLOD head unit w/ Bluetooth, 2 KICKER S8L5 subs powered by 800W Xplod Amp

15.56 in the 1/4 before Axle number 3, 305's, MAF calibrator, and cats
    0-60 6.2 seconds

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by 05DC View Post
    Interested in selling one of your rims?
    He can't. Once a vehicle is totaled you CAN NOT remove parts. Except for some aftermarket ones like he mentioned. The only way he could sell you a rim is if he Snuck in and replaced the rims with 4 steel ones. the insuracne company makes money off selling his truck to junk yards who make money by selling the parts off it like the rims. So if he starts taking rims, interior and such the ins will get less becasue the junk yard will sell less.

UNLESS he purchases the totaled vehicle back from insurance and starts parting it out himself.

Oh and I hope you have a speedy recoevery.
    '05 Tundra DC TRD 2 WHL: The TOW truck, Spectra Mica Blue, with Kenwood H/U, Kenwood Amp and crossover. Infinity 6010cs, 10" Rockford SUB, 6 disc CD Changer mounted in Center console, SWI-X to retain steering wheel controls, 7" TV with DVD. Tinted Windows, Three chamber Flowmaster, Painted front chrome strip

1994 Toy: The TOY Standard cab, Long travel front pulling13" w/Double fox w/Res, Deaver rear at 18" w/Single 2.5 18" fox w/Res., full glass, Bumper to Bumper cage, Gusseted frame, PRP seats, Crow harnesses, Custom steering(All Heims & Chromoly), Grant steering wheel, Smoothest ride around. OH by the way only 70,000 miles.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Man I hope you have a good recovery. Take all the time you need with that back. My back still herts from time to time after ten years. I had a crack L4.

so what type of cover did you have.

Ryan

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Thanks for the kind words...

Sorry, but I cannot remove any factory parts as was discussed.

The insurance settlement for the truck was very fair and I will be going for a new '07.

I have some really good friends that will be removing for me just a few aftermarket parts and my just installed 3 months ago sound system (Eclipse, MB Quart, RF and TREO amps) I will have up for sale the Q-logic box and the RF P2 8" subs since I will be able to fit 10's in the '07.

I can't move very well, so I am grateful to have a bunch of good friends who are also fellow drag racers to come over an remove the parts. I am done for this racing season and I really hope it is not a permanent thing. I just finished a new 454 for my '70 chevelle and was in the middle of installing it..!!! It just gets me ticked every time I think about it. Had a couple of National Races coming up to race the Monte in as well

Insurance in NY State is covered under your own policy until the money is recovered from the responsible party. I have missed work as well as you might imagine.
    Tom B.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

hope you recover quickly

2003 Tundra SR5 V8
    3" Strut Spacer Lift
    Helo Skid Chrome 20's

275-45-r20 Cooper Zeon LTZ's
    Flowmaster 40 Dual Exit
    Q-Logic with RF P1's (unhooked for now)
    Custom Dual 12" Sub Box With 1000W Xplods
    Memphis Audio M-Class Components
    18% Tint all around
    http://www.youtube.com/tundrazach

Liked
    6 times

Get well soon!
    2004 (Former, debadged) Texas Editon Double Cab SR5 4x4. Removed 20" rims and tires. Installed 17" Graphite TRD wheels and Bridgestone Dueller Revo tires. Reinstalled front mud guards. Added Husky heavy duty floor liners. Installed UnderCover bed cover.