What is the Texas Edition?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the Texas Edition?

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default What is the Texas Edition?

Hi ~ What is the Texas Edition? Can anyone provide me with any information on the Tundra SR5 Texas Edition.

I have added a few pictures of the 2005 TOYOTA - TUNDRA - SR5 - TEXAS EDITION - 4.7 LITER iFORCE V8 ENGINE ~ SILVER SKY METALLIC EXTERIOR WITH LIGHT CHARCOAL LEATHER INTERIOR :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tundra- SR5-1.jpg 
Views:	2235 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	25551   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tundra- SR5-2.jpg 
Views:	1710 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	25552   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tundra- SR5-3.jpg 
Views:	1649 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	25553   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tundra- SR5-4.jpg 
Views:	1539 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	25554   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tundra- SR5-5.jpg 
Views:	2481 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	25555  
    Last edited by Blackstar; 11-07-2007 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Added a few pictures of Tundra SR5 Texas Edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: What is the Texas Edition?

Texas edition is a package installed by GST that gets you 20" wheels, chrome nerf bars, stainless exhaust tip, Tx Ed. carpet floor mats, and exterior badging.

I have had an '06 double cab (Tx edition) for almost a year now and couldn't be happier.
    Last edited by 06TXed; 11-06-2007 at 08:53 AM.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

I thought it came with the bucket electric chairs.

Liked
    0 times

Anybody got any pictures of one
    2005 A/C SR5 4X4 V8
    2 1/2 spacers,TC diff drop, 265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, flowmaster exaust, 20% tint , Lo profile Husky truck box, 7" Clarion in-dash, Kicker CVR 10" sub, Punch 300, Memphis highs and more to come!!!

Liked
    5 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I thought it came with the bucket electric chairs.

And bull horns mounted on the hood
    '00 Thunder Gray Ltd 4wd TRD Oak Leather Interior
    Roll & Lock Tonneau
    All LED's Inside and Out
    '05 DC center console installed
    Map Light Mod
    Pwr Outlet Mod
    Ignition Chime Override Mod
    Arm Rest Mod
    Dual Magellan GPS's
    ScanGauge II
    Hurricanes Ivan and Dennis Survivor

Bill and Scooter say: "Tundras' Rock!"

Liked
    0 times

I own a Black 2006 Texas Edition V8.
    It has special 20" polished alloy wheels, Leather Seats, Texas Ed. badging, Console, Texas Edition floor mats, Stainless exhaust tip, Tow package, Chrome "nerf" bars, Fender Flares.
    All factory ! I love this truck!

I'm surprized that it didn't come with more options.....like factory driving lights!

All the Texas Ed. I have seen around here have the same wheels I have (some have different center cap) , some have a color keyed rear bumper-some don't (mine is chrome), and not all have the fender flares.

Untill reading this thread, I hadn't realized that I haven't took any pics of it yet ! They will come soon!

Liked
    0 times
    Images

TexEdition ~ Thanks for posting the information about your 2006 Tundra Texas Edition. Pictures would be very much appreciated.

The 2005 Tundra Texas Edition I purchased ( pictured above ) has many of the same options as your 2006 with the exception of the 20” Wheels and Factory Fender Flares. Maybe the 20” wheels & fender flares were options added in 2006 ~ The manufacture information sticker on my truck says it has P245/70R16 tires with 16x7J rims ~ The rims are polished alloy wheels, but I’m not sure they are factory originals. Mine do not have the Toyota logo.

Anyone out there with a 2005 Tundra Texas Edition add a post with the options your Texas Edition has. Pictures would also be great. ~

Unless you’re a redneck with wooden bucket electric chairs and bull horns mounted on the hood.
    Last edited by Blackstar; 11-09-2007 at 06:08 AM. Reason: More Infor:
    ~ 2005 TOYOTA Tundra SR5 Double Cab “Texas Edition” ~
    ~ Silver Sky Metallic Exterior ~ Dark Charcoal Interior w/Leather Bucket Seats ~ iForce 4.7 Liter V8 ~ 5 Speed Automatic Trans. w/OD ~ Power Rear Window ~ Towing Package ~ Factory 16" Texas Edition Polished Alloy Wheels ~ Chrome Side Step Nerf Bars ~ Factory Spray-On Bed Liner ~ Peragon Bed Cover ~ “My Truck” @ www.my-truck.8m.com

The Toyota Tundra “Texas Edition” is a package installed by GST (Gulf States Toyota) GST is one of only two US Toyota distributors not owned by Toyota Motor Sales (the other is JM Family Enterprises' Southeast Toyota Distributors)

Liked
    0 times
    Images

When I was shopping for my '06 DC I looked at the TRD package and the Texas Ed. Package.

Both packages were within a few hundred dollars of one another, but at the time all the Texas Ed.'s on the lot didn't have the "20 rims due to a distribution problem through GST. Most had polished '16 rims like your '05 does.

After comparing them and test driving the two I went for the TRD package because I really wanted the LSD rear end for towing our camper and the "Off-road tuned suspension"() handles better when towing and carrying weight.
    FunFinder4
    '05 2500 Dodge DC 5.9L Cummins, cheap X2
    '05 Jayco Jayflight 27BH TT
    '06 Tundra DC TRD; Prodigy brake controller, Cyberdyne transmission gauge, ScanGauge II; Sold
    '05 T-160 Shadow Cruiser TT; Sold
    http://community.webshots.com/user/Funfinder4

Liked
    0 times

Blackstar - I posted my truck here:

Texas Edition 2006

David

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Since I posted this thread I have researched the Tundra “Texas Edition” & GST ~ It seems Good ol' boys buy trucks from Gulf States Toyota (GST). One of only two US Toyota distributors NOT owned by Toyota Motor Sales (the other is JM Family Enterprises' Southeast Toyota Distributors), the company distributes Toyota cars, trucks, and sport utility vehicles in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas. GST has expanded its vehicle processing center in Houston to handle Toyota Tundra pickup trucks built in nearby San Antonio. Founded in 1969 by Thomas Friedkin and still owned by The Friedkin Companies, GST distributes new Toyotas, parts, and accessories to around 150 dealers in Texas and other states in the region. GST plans to move to a new headquarters in West Houston.

If you own a “Texas Edition” and live in a state other then Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, or Texas your local dealer wouldn’t have a glue or at least they will try to convince you he don’t. They will tell you the ‘Texas Edition” options are after market and not covered under the Toyota warranty. DON’T BELIVE IT! GST may have tricked it out, but it remains an OEM vehicle and your warranty is fully enforceable. If you are having a problem Call Toyota Support at 1-800-874-8822 ~ Also get Gulf States Toyota involved. Their address is 7701 Wilshire Place Dr. Houston, TX 77040 ~ Phone # is 713-580-3300 ~
    Last edited by Blackstar; 12-05-2007 at 12:31 PM.
    ~ 2005 TOYOTA Tundra SR5 Double Cab “Texas Edition” ~
    ~ Silver Sky Metallic Exterior ~ Dark Charcoal Interior w/Leather Bucket Seats ~ iForce 4.7 Liter V8 ~ 5 Speed Automatic Trans. w/OD ~ Power Rear Window ~ Towing Package ~ Factory 16" Texas Edition Polished Alloy Wheels ~ Chrome Side Step Nerf Bars ~ Factory Spray-On Bed Liner ~ Peragon Bed Cover ~ “My Truck” @ www.my-truck.8m.com

The Toyota Tundra “Texas Edition” is a package installed by GST (Gulf States Toyota) GST is one of only two US Toyota distributors not owned by Toyota Motor Sales (the other is JM Family Enterprises' Southeast Toyota Distributors)

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

When i was looking to buy my truck i came across an 05 limited texas edition and i thought the ride quality was terrible with the 20's. The 17' that are on my sr5 seem to ride much better on bumpy texas roads!

Liked
    0 times

I have an 06 DC TX Edition. I'll try and take some pictures this weekend and get them posted. Hust need for it to stop raining first so I can wash it !!!

Liked
    0 times

I have an 06 DC TX Edition. I'll try and take some pictures this weekend and get them posted. Hust need for it to stop raining first so I can wash it !!!

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

I have an 05 DC TX Edition pretty basic truck with the options listed above.
    ( in other words I have a lot of blanks in the interior where all the optional equipment goes.) I never had 20" wheels before either , 33,000 miles and still enjoy it.
    2005 Tundra DC Tx Ed
    Phantom Gray

Gym
    Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Are those bull horns chromed??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast