VIN search to find ALL factory installed options?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: VIN search to find ALL factory installed options?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default VIN search to find ALL factory installed options?

Howdy, I just bought an 06 2wd Double cab. The person I bought it from just moved here (Texas) from California. I asked the dealer to run the vin and tell me all the factory installed options and they said that because the truck was from a different distributor they couldn't tell me all the options it had. I figured this was just salesman BS. The price was right and the truck is perfect so I bought it anyway. Is there a place I can call or email that can run my VIN and tell me exactly everything the truck has on it?
    Last edited by afc2324; 12-16-2007 at 11:40 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    4 times

Default Re: VIN search to find ALL factory installed options?

The VIN won't in and of itself tell you all of the options. It will tell you year, make, model, engine, chassis.

The distributors did typically add options and they are the ones that ordered the truck to begin with. My guess is that the distributor might be able/willing to help you out. I don't think the salesguy was giving you a line. You might find someone at Toyota USA who could pull the records. My experience with this stuff is that it's all about finding the person who actually knows how to get to the information. I'd be very surprised if the information wasn't available in a database somewhere.

Liked
    11 times
    Images

running a "vehicle inquiry" through their system will bring up what recalls were done, what warranty work has been done and what options the truck came with from the factory. they also have another site called "dealer daily" that show more.

05 Salsa Red Pearl DC
    01 Honda Civic
    95 Acura Integra

Liked
    10 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by afc2324 View Post
    Howdy, I just bought an 06 2wd Double cab. The person I bought it from just moved here (Texas) from California. I asked the dealer to run the vin and tell me all the factory installed options and they said that because the truck was from a different distributor they couldn't tell me all the options it had. I figured this was just salesman BS. The price was right and the truck is perfect so I bought it anyway. Is there a place I can call or email that can run my VIN and tell me exactly everything the truck has on it?
    Send an e-mail with your Name and the full VIN# to - [email]toyota_cares@toyota.com (damn underline kills the address the address is toyota_cares and then the remainder) with your request of how your truck was equipped and what options were on it when it left the factory. This will not include any dealer installed options or port options (I think port options only appear on SET and GST distributed Tundra's but I'm not sure). You might ask if there are any outstanding SSC's (recalls) that have not been completed on your truck. You'll usually get a response within ten days.

Larry
    Last edited by LGL002; 12-16-2007 at 02:39 PM.
    2004 Tundra V8 Limited Access Cab 4X4, Michelin 265/65/R17 LTX-AT2's, Auto Dim Comp/Temp Mirror, Aero Turbine #2525 muffler, Access Roll Up Cover, Optima D31A battery, Multi-Vex adaptive outside mirrors, Eclipse AVN5510 Nav unit and Sirius SIR-ECL1 tuner, as of 10/07 pictures in my photo gallery

2003 Camry SE V6 Navigation, Sirius, Lunar Mist
    Optima 34R battery

If a combo of all these whizz bangs met their claims you'd have to siphon gas out of your tank every second day and sell the excess horsepower on the third????
    If your engine doesn't consume ANY oil it will seize???

Turn signals are meant to indicate intent not result.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by LGL002 View Post
    Send an e-mail with your Name and the full VIN# to - [email]toyota_cares@toyota.com (damn underline kills the address the address is toyota_cares and then the remainder) with your request of how your truck was equipped and what options were on it when it left the factory. This will not include any dealer installed options or port options (I think port options only appear on SET and GST distributed Tundra's but I'm not sure). You might ask if there are any outstanding SSC's (recalls) that have not been completed on your truck. You'll usually get a response within ten days.

Larry
    Larry,
    That's awesome info. Thank you! I have already sent them an email. The truck seems to be well equipped (sunroof, fender flares, mud flaps, jbl system, tow package) but I'd like to know what else that I may have overlooked.

Liked
    1 times

It won't help much with distributor- or dealer-installed options, but you can get a lot of options and other info from Toyota's downloadable vehicle brochures.
    Having Trouble Finding Info on a topic? For help, take a look at the
    User Guide to Searching Tundra Solutions Effectively.

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Liked
    0 times

Does Toyota use RPO codes?
    "The glass isnt half empty or half full...
    its twice as tall as it needs to be"
    ~How an engineer views life