What is the TSS package?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: What is the TSS package?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default What is the TSS package?

Ok, I need to settle this once and for all:

I got a screamin deal on an '05 DC Toyota Sports Series (TSS) last december. Love the truck, although thinking about selling it for a diesel landcruiser. Trying to figure out WTH the TSS package is, b/c i think something fishy is going on with mine. The dealer who sold me the truck said the TSS meant:

1- TSS decal on the tail
    2- Chrome running boards
    3- Chrome tipped exhaust
    4- TSS embroidered floor mats.

--and thats it.

My truck has regular rims, cloth seats, and is pretty stock as far as interior features. I have heard some TSS trucks have leather, different size rims, different transmissions etc? What is the final word, you guys are the experts. is my truck really a TSS?

cr

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default What is the TSS package?

Quote Originally Posted by clayrozell View Post
    Ok, I need to settle this once and for all:

I got a screamin deal on an '05 DC Toyota Sports Series (TSS) last december. Love the truck, although thinking about selling it for a diesel landcruiser. Trying to figure out WTH the TSS package is, b/c i think something fishy is going on with mine. The dealer who sold me the truck said the TSS meant:

1- TSS decal on the tail
    2- Chrome running boards
    3- Chrome tipped exhaust
    4- TSS embroidered floor mats.

--and thats it.

My truck has regular rims, cloth seats, and is pretty stock as far as interior features. I have heard some TSS trucks have leather, different size rims, different transmissions etc? What is the final word, you guys are the experts. is my truck really a TSS?

cr
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Most likely just a GST pkg, but you are probably getting it mixed up with the similarly named Texas pkg, of which I can't think of the complete, proper name, but it is also a GST port pkg that includes much much more. As far as resale, it is worth the same as other similar trim levels, plus the usual additional value added by the running boards, and the exhaust tip. The mats are worth the same as any other carpet mat, and the tailgate emblem is valueless unless people in your area are specifically seeking out TSS pkgs, and will pay a premium.

There are no transmission differences in any port pkg.

Liked
    15 times
    Images

Default Re: What is the TSS package?

could tryto post this in the appropriate forum as this forum is 07 and newer tundras....theres a forum specifically for your year and model and might provide more insight to your particular truck.

Liked
    0 times

I was Wondering the same thing, I was in Texas over the weekend and I saw 2 Tundra's
    with the TSS on the side and wondered what does that stand for?
    Must be a Texas thing.

It was good to take the Tundra to it home state.

Banned
    Liked
    0 times

wrong thread
    Last edited by Jhanfosho; 04-01-2008 at 10:14 AM.

Liked
    10 times
    Images

Most of the TSS (Toyota Sports Series)trucks I've seen down here including the Tacomas and Tundras All had 20 inch wheels but not all had leather.Guess it varies
    Independent dealer at AMSOIL. http://www.amsoil.com/index.aspx?zo=5072667

Liked
    0 times
    Images

I believe the front shocks are different than stock on the TSS as well, Tokico maybe?

Liked
    9 times

I have an '04 TSS: DC LTD, leather, limousine rear window, 20" chrome wheels, 275/45 X 20 tires, TSS decal on rear flanks and TSS embrodiery on carpets, towing package, monochrome grill, rear seat audio control system, Homelink garage door opener, running boards, chrome exhaust tip, thermometer and compass in overhead panel. I love my truck.
    Last edited by Heatwave; 04-01-2008 at 08:31 PM.

Liked
    0 times

I thought the "Texas Edition" with the emblem of the state of Texas was the top line GST port pkg; as a matter of fact, this is the first I heard of a TSS pkg. Either way, I guess it consists of whatever GST wants it to be, and can vary since it is not a factory pkg. As long as you get what you are invoiced on the GST side of the window sticker, not double billed by a factory option and a like port option, and all "in lieu of" items such as wheels /tires are clearly shown, then all is well, it is just a grouping of optional port items, with some custom embroidered mats and an emblem. Call any dealer and run the VIN, it will show the build from the factory and what port items were added.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

My reseach only shows the TSS includes- emblems(stripping), 20in rims and floor mats. That is it.

The running boards or rails may or may not be there, some have leather, some are stripped down, some are loaded out Limited trucks.
    SOLD 2006 Tundra Limited DC TSS pkg (Ph. Grey)

2008 Limited Sequoia
    2012 Infiniti M56S
    1993 Ford Mustang LX 5L Manual..battery dead..see above

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Heatwave View Post
    I have an '04 TSS: DC LTD, leather, limousine rear window, 20" chrome wheels, 275/45 X 20 tires, TSS decal on rear flanks and TSS embrodiery on carpets, towing package, monochrome grill, rear seat audio control system, Homelink garage door opener, running boards, chrome exhaust tip, thermometer and compass in overhead panel. I love my truck.
    Rear seat audio control system? I've never seen one of those in a Tundra.

Edit: Then again I'm not real familiar with DC interiors.
    Last edited by Fissile; 04-01-2008 at 08:40 PM.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-28-2013, 08:26 PM