2006 Tundra alarm problems?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: 2006 Tundra alarm problems?

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default 2006 Tundra alarm problems?

I have a 2006 Tundra Limited and have had no problems with it until the past week. My factory alarm has gone off on 2 separate occasions in the middle of the night. No sign of anyone attempting to enter the vehicle. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if I have someone who really wants my Tundra.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 2006 Tundra alarm problems?

I have the same year, and can't say I have..

Liked
    3 times
    Images

Anything falling onto the truck? The factory alarm has a glass break sensor, and if something taps the glass hard enough it sets off the alarm.
    2006 Tundra Access Cab V8 - TRD
    16x8 Konig Countersteer w/Nitto TerraGrapplers 285/75R16
    Bilstein 5100 front/rear, Wheelers 1.5" rear blocks
    Dynomax cat-back w/Cherry Bomb Pro muffler
    Pioneer headunit w/Alphasonic amp and Sochse speakers
    HID retrofit, Acura TL bi-xenon projectors w/BMW ZKW lenses
    Truxedo Truxport / Trail FX black steps bars / Line-X Xtra

Supercharged Member
    Liked
    21 times

set up a video recorder from inside your home, facing your truck, and sleep lightly. with a equalizer by your side.
    and keep a watchful eye.
    ;-)

i'm thinking of buying the highest stun gun available, and mounting it under my dash. so when they get it, it will be seat activated. and stay on while the alarm is going off. it will give me time to respond. LOL and catch who ever in my truck & in the act.
    simple set up, or so i've heard.
    cool isn't it.
    it sure will be funny watching the crimminal continue to be shocked. i have a little money set aside for the trail, & law suit to follow. LOL
    gorilla

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Just checking back in, A few months have passed with silent nights until a few nights ago. The alarm started going off about 10:30 pm, which is when it usually happens. I was hoping that it was something falling and setting off the glass breaks, but it was a totally clear night with no wind. I took it to the stealership, but no luck. They said I could leave it with them for a day and they could try to set it off. Just hoping someone might have a solution. What about disabling it, or is it tied in with keyless entry and all? Just getting frustrated with it in the middle of the night.

Thats a pretty good ideal that you have there Gorilla, I am down with plan, just gotta save up for the law suit that comes along with it.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    2 times

Hey Estrom. I had so many problems with my factory alarm that I had it completly removed from the truck. Just like you , I found no evidence that there were any attempts to gain entry.
    I spent a great deal of time anaylizing what the heck was going on before having the alarm removed. During the time of aggravation , my dad was living here with his 2003 Chrysler mini van. He used his remote door opener quite often. I suspect that was the problem , but have no way of proving it. I just had the alarm removed out of frustration.
    And yes , those nice features like the remote door unlock as well as the auto door lock will dissapear. Good luck.

Banned
    Liked
    1 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by estrom711 View Post
    I have a 2006 Tundra Limited and have had no problems with it until the past week. My factory alarm has gone off on 2 separate occasions in the middle of the night. No sign of anyone attempting to enter the vehicle. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if I have someone who really wants my Tundra.

Georgia really don't have a problem on car break ins that much hell California was worst off.. I've never had any issues on my Factory alarm in fact installed a few but you can change your gps settings.

ERik