Help to disable automatic door locks

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help to disable automatic door locks

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Help to disable automatic door locks

I work on a ranch and everytime I get in and out of the truck and restart it locks my doors automatically. Too much trouble for passenger. Anyone know how to eliminate this bothersome feature? It's a 2000 Tundra.

thanks

Stan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    6 times
    Images

Default Re: Help to disable automatic door locks

I would love to eliminate that on my 2006 as well............

If anyone has the solution, PLEASE SHARE !
    Enjoying the awesome 5.7 L engine

TRD rear Sway Bar, Billet Grille, Heated Seats, Westin Bull Bar and Skid Plate, HELLA driving Lights, Chrome handles and mirrors,

Liked
    11 times
    Images

Mine must have been broke since new cause it has never done that.Only locks if I hit the button.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

My 05 DC SR5 doesn't do it, either.

Assistant Administrator nhparrot's Avatar
    Liked
    19 times

Quote Originally Posted by aspidites View Post
    I work on a ranch and everytime I get in and out of the truck and restart it locks my doors automatically. Too much trouble for passenger. Anyone know how to eliminate this bothersome feature? It's a 2000 Tundra.

thanks

Stan
    Your alarm system has passive alarming set on. If it is the Toyota RS3000, see RS3000 Toyota Vehicle Intrusion Protection
    ~Glenn
    Yes I am a pirate!

"To err is human. To arrr is pirate."

Liked
    6 times
    Images

Thanks for the info PARROT

I still wonder if "passive arming" in those instructions means that if I unlock the door with the remote the truck will re-lock the doors after 30 seconds. ( which it does now ) and if I turn that feature off, will it still turn the alarm ON after I lock the doors and walk away ?
    Enjoying the awesome 5.7 L engine

TRD rear Sway Bar, Billet Grille, Heated Seats, Westin Bull Bar and Skid Plate, HELLA driving Lights, Chrome handles and mirrors,

Liked
    1 times
    Images

On my 03 I reprogramed the alarm so the doors do not lock when I start the truck. They only look and unlock when I press the remote buttom. My truck however has the newer alarm system but I would bet someone can tell you how to do it on yours.
    03 Stratosphere Mica Stepside, 4.7 L, Supercharger, TRD Package, TRD Exhaust,
    Scion Head Unit 08600-21802,
    Custom leather heated seats 2 tone with TRD LOGO, Moonroof, ARE LID, ZR3 Laser Shifter, Denso IK22 .4mm Iridium Plugs, Scan Gauge 2,
    Rhino Liner, Die Hard Platinum P5 battery
    5.7 Killer

Liked
    1 times
    Images

This is in the info nh sent. You can turn this feature on or off. Just go to the instructions this refers to.
    AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCKING / UNLOCKING
    The RS3000 is programmed to automatically lock your doors when the ignition switch is turned to "ON" or "START", and unlock them when the ignition switch is turned to "LOCK" or "ACC". This feature will operate only once (AUTOMATIC LOCK then AUTOMATIC UNLOCK) before a door is opened and closed again. The AUTOMATIC LOCKING feature will not work while a door is open.
    NOTE: The factory preset operation of this feature is AUTO DOOR LOCK / UNLOCK "ON". If you would like it changed to "OFF", refer to the PROGRAMMING AND ADJUSTMENTS section.
    03 Stratosphere Mica Stepside, 4.7 L, Supercharger, TRD Package, TRD Exhaust,
    Scion Head Unit 08600-21802,
    Custom leather heated seats 2 tone with TRD LOGO, Moonroof, ARE LID, ZR3 Laser Shifter, Denso IK22 .4mm Iridium Plugs, Scan Gauge 2,
    Rhino Liner, Die Hard Platinum P5 battery
    5.7 Killer

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

thanks for the info, but would you be so kind as to provide me with a link to get this info? I'd appreciate it. This feature drives us nuts on the farm!

Banned
    Liked
    1 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by nhparrot View Post
    Your alarm system has passive alarming set on. If it is the Toyota RS3000, see RS3000 Toyota Vehicle Intrusion Protection
    Glen and I know this folk's But ill share some bit's I know

00-02 (rs3000) Toyota Vip alarm system...

03-06 (rs3200) Toyota Vip alarm system...

04-06 Double cab's don't retain the same system used on the access cab's so forget this information being used on the DC since the programming is different on each Model.

Erik

I do have the rs 3000 Manual in front of me..

Programming and Adjustments Page 20 on the Toyota rs3000 security system

Mode automatic door locking and unloacking off mode

programming step

close the driver door then open and close it one more time >>>>>>>Turn the ignition switch to the "Lock" postion ( The Piezo chirper sounds twice and the exterior lights flash twice...
    Last edited by Tundrav8yamaha; 08-20-2008 at 08:57 PM.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I went through the vip programming to turn off the auto door locking feature. The beeps sounded indicating the programming was done but the locks still locked when I started the engine. Also the doors don't unlock when the key is turned to off. Every time I need to get out I have to press the door unlock button. Any suggestions.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Smile Re: Help to disable automatic door locks

I have a 2000 Tundra with the VIP RS3000 System. I followed the instructions on page 20 of the manual and it worked just fine! I even started the engine and the doors did not lock. Working just fine. If you can't find you manual, here is the procedure:
    1) Sit in the driver's seat with the driver door open. 2) Insert the key in the ignition switch, and turn it to "ON" (not ACC) 5 times (ON-LOCK-ON-LOCK-ON-LOCK-ON-LOCK-ON) within a 10 second period. The STATUS MONITOR'S LED turns on, and the piezo "Chirper" sounds once.
    YOU MUST PERFORM THE NEXT STEPS WITHIN 30 SECONDS!
    3) Select the operating mode:

MODE
    Auto lock/unlock ON
    Programming step: Close the driver's door
    Programming Completion:Turn the ignition switch to the "LOCK" position (the chirper sounds once and exterior lights flash once)

Auto lock/unlock OFF
    Programming step: Close the driver's door, then open, and close it one more time.
    Programming Completion: Turn the ignition switch to the "LOCK" position (the chirper sounds twice and exterior lights flash twice)

Supercharged Member WhiteLiteNin's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times

Quote Originally Posted by jamc View Post
    I have a 2000 Tundra with the VIP RS3000 System. I followed the instructions on page 20 of the manual and it worked just fine! I even started the engine and the doors did not lock. Working just fine. If you can't find you manual, here is the procedure:
    1) Sit in the driver's seat with the driver door open. 2) Insert the key in the ignition switch, and turn it to "ON" (not ACC) 5 times (ON-LOCK-ON-LOCK-ON-LOCK-ON-LOCK-ON) within a 10 second period. The STATUS MONITOR'S LED turns on, and the piezo "Chirper" sounds once.
    YOU MUST PERFORM THE NEXT STEPS WITHIN 30 SECONDS!
    3) Select the operating mode:

MODE
    Auto lock/unlock ON
    Programming step: Close the driver's door
    Programming Completion:Turn the ignition switch to the "LOCK" position (the chirper sounds once and exterior lights flash once)

Auto lock/unlock OFF
    Programming step: Close the driver's door, then open, and close it one more time.
    Programming Completion: Turn the ignition switch to the "LOCK" position (the chirper sounds twice and exterior lights flash twice)
    excellent first post my tennessee brother! and now you are the recipient of points too!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Smile Re: Help to disable automatic door locks

Whitelinnin, Thanks for the good words. We are all in this together and need all the help we can get!! Take care.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Sorry 'bout the name error... Whitelitenin, thanks for the good words. Fellow Tennessean!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.