Backup cameras for 2006 tundra

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Backup cameras for 2006 tundra

Lurking Member
    Liked
    7 times

Default Backup cameras for 2006 tundra

I know this has been discussed before, but what's the final answer? Have you guys been successful on mounting a backup camera and using the JBL E7006 for the monitor. I've done the search but can not seem to come to a complete answer. How about the handle camera everyone talked about for a while. Anyone? Please post pics or at least link. Please hurry before I back over something. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    2 times
    Images

Default Re: Backup cameras for 2006 tundra

I have the bec-105 with a custom install in the tailgate handle (I have a pic in my folder). I originally had a factory toyota nav (dont remember what model), it might have been the E7006. I do remember that it was directly plug and play. I now have it plugged into my eclipse 6610. Worked great in both models. Any camera install will have to be custom, as there were no factory or aftermarket mounts made for the handle.

Supercharged Member
    Liked
    29 times

where ever you decide to mount it. make sure you 1st have them call you to see where they are going to mount it.
    i have seen some weird mount's. it need's be in the center of the truck.
    this way you have a center wide veiw of both side's.

i seen a few that showed more of 1 side than the other. or a better top veiw, but not a great bottom veiw, there fore defeating the purpose. a child could be out of veiw.
    i had mine mounted on my trailer hitch. so it gave me the best all around veiw. without effecting my wide range view, & a high and low & like i said wide view.
    and if i wanted to tow something, i could.
    i have a eclipes avn30d, with all the options.
    gorilla

Supercharged Member
    Liked
    29 times

hi, today i seen a 05 or 06 with a camra mounted to the license plate.
    there was a straight 1/2" bracked that mounted by using the 2 license plate bolt's. whatever the size would be lenth wise to fit between the 2 bolt's was the total lenth of the bracket. and
    the camra was in the middle of the bracket.
    what a great idea!
    the wire went through the section where we would have to put the tool to drop the spare tire.
    it looked clean and neat!
    i don't know what type it was, but it looked in my opinion nice.
    the only issue i would see, is someone since it was in plain view, might try to brake it off.
    that's why i have mine under the trailer hitch, it isn't easy to see.
    camra's are expensive.
    gorilla

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.