Aero Turbine Exhaust

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Aero Turbine Exhaust

Liked
    2274 times
    Images

Default Aero Turbine Exhaust

Hey,

Just had an Aero Turbine Exhaust put on my truck. It is supposed to boost horsepower, fuel economy, and give a better sound. I keep very accurate records of my fuel economy so when I am done horsing around stoplight to stoplight and gunning it every chance I get I will post my findings.

In the meantime I really do think the engine is breathing a little better and it seems that I end up ten miles over the speed limit before I realize that I am. As for the sound it is absolutely sweet. I had the stock resonator removed because this model came with a resonator.

I originally ordered the non resonated model (2525) from Parleys Diesel Performance and was told I would get it in a week. A week went by and no Turbine. I called and talked to them and they checked into it and called me back. Seems the manufacturer is backed up and it would be another week. Another week came and went and still no Turbine. I called again and they checked into it and called me back. The manufacturer was still back-logged but could ship a resonated model, overnight, for no additional charge. Since I really wanted to get a better sound (better than stock) out of my truck (read audio bling), and the resonated model was nearly fifty dollars more I said sounds fair to me.

The Turbine showed up here a few days ago and I had it installed this morning for $80. I was a little worried about how the resonated version would sound but I knew I was going to be happy when three mechanics walked into the waiting room grinning ear to ear and one of them said "Well buddy, your days of sneaking in late at night are over."

The truck actually has a set now and it sounds absolutely awesome. I love it. At this point I could not care less if the truck got better mileage or not off this after market addition - as long as the mileage does not go down. The truck is quiet at the lights and growls/roars/rumbles on acceleration. The noise is very noticeable while accelerating but once I hit cruising rpm it is not intrusive. I am somewhat relieved in the results, especially considering how much louder the non-resonated version might have been.

The wife was out running errands while I had this done (take notes my friends - this is the way to do it) and I timed it just perfect. She just got home and has not heard it. Going out to vote in about ten minutes so I will see what her reaction is. She already feels that the truck is competition. To be honest - no competition there - the truck has not burned dinner yet and never cops an attitude. Not making any insinuations here - just sayin's all.

Still grinning and going to try and get pics if anybody is interested.
    http://septemberskyband.blogspot.com/
    276,558 miles on the odometer [come see me when you get that on your ford]

2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited Edition 4.7 liter V8, four speed automatic, four wheel drive, testing platform for fuel economy, self designed cold air intake using ram air principle, Ultragauge, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Aero Turbine, "Foolie Exhaust" from Aero Turbine back, AFe open intake, Mobile 1 in the engine, NAPA oil filter, NAPA in the differentials. 3:91 gears in the front (Thanks Cajuntundra!) and rear (Thanks Nytrousboy!) differentials, Michelin LTX M/S2 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    6 times
    Images

Default Re: Aero Turbine Exhaust

Thanks for the write-up!

What about drone? What's it sound like in the cab at about 1800 to 2000 rpm?
    2001 SR5 Access Cab 4.7V8 4x4
    OEM: FJ Rims; bed-liner; alarm; running boards; all-weather mats; door sill protectors; 13WL brake caliper upgrade; refurbed power steering rack
    TRD: TRD coils; color-keyed mirror covers, embroidered signature mats; Bilstein shocks
    OTHER: Bridgestone A/T Revos; NGK Iridium IX spark plugs; Skid Row front skid plate; Fumoto drain valve; Vibrant resonator; Magnaflow exhaust tip; Form-Fit deflector; Brembo rotors; Trfytoy window latches; Undercover tonneau; Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover; Hidden Hitch; Cobra 21LTD CB radio; K40 magmount CB antenna; Bushwacker Extend-a-Fender flares; Dorman polyurethane steering rack bushings; Moog outer tie rods; Moog sway bar links; Weathertech mats
    PENDING: TRD Kazuma LSD; Hellwig rear sway bar

Liked
    2979 times
    Images

Post up pics of the install! (I know you gotta get under there to do it but...)
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

I'm just here for the food! kaleo's Avatar
    Liked
    2 times
    Images

hey right on! another aero user...

do you just have a single muffler installed or went duals? I too have the 2525 model. Though at first it was just a muffler replacement, then I went ahead and put two in with custom piping and no resonator. Truck sounds good to me, I get some drone in the cab but it don't bother me and I always have the radio up anyways!

If you ever decide to add another one on, try and check out verociousmotorsports.com that's where I bought mines from. At the time of purchase, they actually had better prices then the aero turbine company's store on ebay. Because if it was cheap enough to ship down here to Hawai'i and I still got a deal, then I'm sure you folks could save a bit more then me from shipping...

anyways, glad you like it. Post some pics/audio clips when you get the chance!

2005 Tundra Double Cab 4x2 SR5 in Spectra Blue Mica
    Modifications:
    Exterior: A little bit of this
    Interior:A little bit of that
    Performance:A few knick-knacks in between

Liked
    2274 times
    Images

Well,

The wife, son, and I got in the truck to go vote and no kidding - we pulled out of our driveway and made it less than a block when she asked where the old muffler went. I told her and she asked if I could get it back. I said "Nope - its probably already in the scrapyard." She has made it clear that she hates the new exhaust. To be fair she is overly sensitive to things that most guys find pleasing.

At any rate, to answer your posts:

Quote Originally Posted by Cian View Post
    Thanks for the write-up!

What about drone? What's it sound like in the cab at about 1800 to 2000 rpm?
    Well, unfortunately there is a drone from 1800 to around 2100 that is significant. Nothing intolerable but very prominent. It is my hope that over time the exhaust will "settle in" a bit. I have only put about fifty miles on it here in the city but it seems that it is most noticeable under hard acceleration. Once I get to cruising rpm it is hardly noticeable at all. Even in the 1800 to 2100 rpm range it is subdued as long as I am just cruising along.

Quote Originally Posted by duffyatkinson View Post
    Post up pics of the install! (I know you gotta get under there to do it but...)
    Hey Duffy!!!

Yeah, I will post pics up as soon as I can get the camera from my wife. It rained most of the day here so a little gloomy. Perhaps I can get some good sunlight tomorrow. As long as it is not raining I can put a shop light under there and see how they turn out. The install is nothing that you would see at a show or in a magazine but it is neat and orderly.

Quote Originally Posted by kaleo View Post
    hey right on! another aero user...

do you just have a single muffler installed or went duals? I too have the 2525 model. Though at first it was just a muffler replacement, then I went ahead and put two in with custom piping and no resonator. Truck sounds good to me, I get some drone in the cab but it don't bother me and I always have the radio up anyways!

If you ever decide to add another one on, try and check out verociousmotorsports.com that's where I bought mines from. At the time of purchase, they actually had better prices then the aero turbine company's store on ebay. Because if it was cheap enough to ship down here to Hawai'i and I still got a deal, then I'm sure you folks could save a bit more then me from shipping...

anyways, glad you like it. Post some pics/audio clips when you get the chance!
    Hey Kaleo,

Yeah, I checked out yours on You Tube even before I found the Tundra Solutions forum. I am only running a single and do not have any immediate plans to run duals as I do a lot of towing and cannot afford to sacrifice the low end torque. I really like the idea of duals but have not figured out how in the world you get the second pipe around the spare tire (won't give that up) and far enough away from the gas tank.

I got a heck of a deal from Parleys Diesel Performance - probably similar to yours. Parleys had it cheaper than the Aero website and then upgraded to the resonated model with over night shipping all at no additional cost just to make things right for me. I really like the way they stepped up to the plate. Many companies out there would have said tough luck and get it when you get it.

I will post some pics as soon as I can and I need to figure out a way to get a good sound recording. The recordings on You Tube just do not even begin to do it justice. Fooled around at a stoplight with a guy in a mustang - at first he could not figure out where it was coming from and kept revving his engine too. The two of us kept at it until the light turned green and he tore out of there like his pink slip was on the line. Lots of grins and even the wife lightened up a bit.
    Last edited by Highwaylizard; 04-03-2009 at 05:40 PM.

2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited Edition 4.7 liter V8, four speed automatic, four wheel drive, testing platform for fuel economy, self designed cold air intake using ram air principle, Ultragauge, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Aero Turbine, "Foolie Exhaust" from Aero Turbine back, AFe open intake, Mobile 1 in the engine, NAPA oil filter, NAPA in the differentials. 3:91 gears in the front (Thanks Cajuntundra!) and rear (Thanks Nytrousboy!) differentials, Michelin LTX M/S2 tires

Liked
    7 times
    Images

How about a sound clip? install pic? somethin, somethin?
    anyone can go to their website we wanta hear yours

Liked
    10 times
    Images

I've using the Aero 2525 for years. Had one on my 2000 and now on my 2004 but with the factory resonator in place and single piping at the original location. My son has my old 2000 and it sounds like it did when it was installed. With the resonator in place I didn't notice any drone and absolutely no increase in mileage or power just a nice sound which was all I expected. I used to have photo's in my gallery but since the photo update I haven't been able (likely my problem) to put them back.

Larry
    2004 Tundra V8 Limited Access Cab 4X4, Michelin 265/65/R17 LTX-AT2's, Auto Dim Comp/Temp Mirror, Aero Turbine #2525 muffler, Access Roll Up Cover, Optima D31A battery, Multi-Vex adaptive outside mirrors, Eclipse AVN5510 Nav unit and Sirius SIR-ECL1 tuner, as of 10/07 pictures in my photo gallery

2003 Camry SE V6 Navigation, Sirius, Lunar Mist
    Optima 34R battery

If a combo of all these whizz bangs met their claims you'd have to siphon gas out of your tank every second day and sell the excess horsepower on the third????
    If your engine doesn't consume ANY oil it will seize???

Turn signals are meant to indicate intent not result.

Liked
    2274 times
    Images

Okay,

Going to get some pics as the sun is out and see how they turn out. Hopefully get some good pics to post.

How do I go about getting a sound clip. My wife's digital camera will record video and sound but I am sure that little camera, as amazing a piece of technology as it is, will not get a good sound bite. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Liked
    7 times
    Images

So she won't let ya use her nice digital camera here is a video with MY Canon Powershot that did a decent job? Sorry it's not your brand but the cameras video is not too bad!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Liked
    2274 times
    Images

Alright,

Just to disprove the naysayers - here is proof that my wife did let me use her digital camera.

Going to ask my sister-in-law to video the truck/exhaust as she has a production level camera that she makes movies with. I tried to do a sound clip with my wife's camera and it was worthless. I will post a sound clip sometime after Thanksgiving.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Another view of Aero Turbaine Exhaust.jpg 
Views:	921 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	36247   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Looking back to Aero inlet.jpg 
Views:	791 
Size:	180.0 KB 
ID:	36248   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Looking where stock resonator used to be.jpg 
Views:	861 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	36249   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New pipe attaches to y-pipe.jpg 
Views:	902 
Size:	197.7 KB 
ID:	36250   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	View of new pipe welded to Aero exhaust.jpg 
Views:	1025 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	36251  

Liked
    7 times
    Images

Pics were great and technology is sometimes overwhelming as it took me a while to get what little knowledge i use! It's the effort that counts and you get an A+ I can imagine it's loud!

Liked
    2979 times
    Images

Thumbs up Re: Aero Turbine Exhaust

Lizard~

Looks like a nice, clean install. Awesome! But... you got WATER SPOTS on it already!! What's the deal? Don't you take care of your stuff????
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Liked
    2274 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by HOGWILD View Post
    Pics were great and technology is sometimes overwhelming as it took me a while to get what little knowledge i use! It's the effort that counts and you get an A+ I can imagine it's loud!
    Hey thanks,

I can barely operate a cell phone and if I can check my emails I am having a FABULOUS day. Yes, I love how loud it is but the wife is still very upset about it. LGL002 posted here that he left his stock resonator in place when he installed his Aero turbine and did not notice any drone. I may have to start looking around for a resonator to put back in to see if that helps. All kidding aside about my wife's jealousy over the truck I am going to have to fix the drone. I like the drone/rumble but I have very little tolerance for listening to her gripe - especially on a three hour trip.

It does turn heads at stoplights. Had a guy in a mustang pretty worked up over it on Friday. I was behind him at the light and gunned it a few times. Of course he started gunning too and when the light turned green he took off like his pink slip was on the line. When I am at lights and horsing around by gunning it I think people look because of the sound but I really like that they cannot pinpoint it right away. My truck is not the image one would expect to be growling like that.

Still love it but really need to address the drone.

"Hog's breath is better than no breath at all" - Hog's Breath Saloon, Key West, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by duffyatkinson View Post
    Lizard~

Looks like a nice, clean install. Awesome! But... you got WATER SPOTS on it already!! What's the deal? Don't you take care of your stuff????
    Hey Duffy!!!

Thanks for the compliments. I knew when I took the pictures that I should have polished it up first but it had been raining all day and I figured that this was an honest representation of the truck. I love the truck and do try and take good care of her but she is a work truck.

Speaking of polishing, the dealer had some knuckle head try and detail the truck prior to my picking it up and the kid left buffer marks all over the truck. Do you have any experience with buffing that stuff out? Going to try and tackle that after I close the season. A friend of mine has a heated barn with a concrete floor where I can spend all day doing that.

Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by Highwaylizard View Post

Hey Duffy!!!

Thanks for the compliments. I knew when I took the pictures that I should have polished it up first but it had been raining all day and I figured that this was an honest representation of the truck. I love the truck and do try and take good care of her but she is a work truck.

Speaking of polishing, the dealer had some knuckle head try and detail the truck prior to my picking it up and the kid left buffer marks all over the truck. Do you have any experience with buffing that stuff out? Going to try and tackle that after I close the season. A friend of mine has a heated barn with a concrete floor where I can spend all day doing that.

You can check out the detailing forum there is a good right up by Brandon 1 in there about doing a complete detail. There is also plenty of people that have alot of knowledge that hang out there too.

Liked
    2274 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bluethundra View Post
    You can check out the detailing forum there is a good right up by Brandon 1 in there about doing a complete detail. There is also plenty of people that have alot of knowledge that hang out there too.
    Hey Bluethundra (cool name btw),

Thanks for the heads up. I will check into that and see what I can do. It sickens me to see the lines all over the side of my truck when they were never there before. They had me pick up the truck right before closing so I really could not see anything and did not see the marks until the next day (too late).

Thanks again,

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.