Question Accelerator too sensitive off idle

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Accelerator too sensitive off idle

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Default Accelerator too sensitive off idle

This will probably sound weird, but my 06 Tundra DC 4x4 with 4.7 V8 is way too sensitive on light throttle (off idle). This is especially noticeable when off-roading and trying to slowly crawl over large rocks using the brake and throttle together. Highway or street driving is manageable, but the off-road stuff is aggravating because you have to be so precise with the throttle to avoid damaging things. When I get out of my truck and drive my Camry it is so much easier to accelerate smoothly because it is not so touchy off idle.

I haven't the slightest idea how to resolve this problem. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Veteran Member
    Liked
    1 times
    Images

Default Re: Accelerator too sensitive off idle

I don't think there is any way to adjust this. The Tundra uses a drive-by-wire system (there is no throttle cable to adjust.)

Veteran Member
    Liked
    0 times

Toyota uses a drive by wire system which I understand it to mean, the throttle cable has been replaced with an electrical sensor. Maybe yours is faulty or could be calibrated to your needs. I'd start there. Do a search on here for drive by wire. Lots of info. Good luck. Sounds like your in a good place to ride my Banshee........ya hoo.....

Hall of Fame Member Mr. Creosote's Avatar
    Liked
    1526 times

Truck owners like lots of low end torque, so OEMs like to program their EFI to magnify this impression with very aggressive throttle response. It started in the '80s with the first EFI. I remember by TBI 350. Nothing earth shattering in terms of absolute power, but the slightest touch of the throttle and the truck leaped forward.

Just keep driving....you'll get used to it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.