Trouble Code P1126?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trouble Code P1126?

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Trouble Code P1126?

My 2001 Tundra V8 has been throwing a Check Engine light on and off for a few days. Seems to run and drive normal. I hooked up a coworkers OBDII scan tool and came up with P1126=Manafacurer fuel and air measurement. But when looking up P1126 in the search function of this forum, I would see Magnetic motor or TPS? Would the P1126 from the scan tool be the same trouble code as Toyota? Runs great otherwise!
    2001 Toyota Tundra V8 accesscab 2wd
    2005 Toyota 4runner Sport V6 4wd
    1992 Ford Mustang 560rwhp

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Trouble Code P1126?

From Alldata:

Magnetic clutch is mounted between the throttle motor and the valve, and it connects the throttle motor with the throttle valve. Therefore the throttle motor opens and closes the throttle valve through the magnetic clutch.

If the electric throttle control system has a malfunction, the magnetic clutch separates the throttle motor from the throttle valve so that the throttle motor cannot operate the throttle valve.

If this DTC is stored, the ECM cuts the power for the throttle motor and the magnetic clutch, and the throttle valve is fully closed by the return spring. However, the opening angle of the throttle valve can be controlled by the accelerator pedal through the throttle cable.

That doesn't help you much for the diagnosis, but it does tell you what is going haywire.

The first thing I would do is measure the resistance between pins 3 and 4 of the magnetic clutch circuit. The resistance should be between 4.2 and 5.2 ohms. If it is either open or shorted, there is your problem.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

So when the malfunction occurs I would not feel anything wrong? I honestly do not notice any difference, feels normal. Later this afternoon the check engine light turned off, but still receive the code p1126. I cleared the code and will check tomorrow.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by mitsu matt View Post
    From Alldata:

Magnetic clutch is mounted between the throttle motor and the valve, and it connects the throttle motor with the throttle valve. Therefore the throttle motor opens and closes the throttle valve through the magnetic clutch.

If the electric throttle control system has a malfunction, the magnetic clutch separates the throttle motor from the throttle valve so that the throttle motor cannot operate the throttle valve.

If this DTC is stored, the ECM cuts the power for the throttle motor and the magnetic clutch, and the throttle valve is fully closed by the return spring. However, the opening angle of the throttle valve can be controlled by the accelerator pedal through the throttle cable.

That doesn't help you much for the diagnosis, but it does tell you what is going haywire.

The first thing I would do is measure the resistance between pins 3 and 4 of the magnetic clutch circuit. The resistance should be between 4.2 and 5.2 ohms. If it is either open or shorted, there is your problem.
    Thanks for explaining! Will measure tomorrow!

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Still no check engine light. Hooked up the scanner anyway just to check and there is no codes so far.

Liked
    2 times

Last edited by ToyotaTruck; 03-04-2011 at 06:23 AM.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Ditto me having intermittent code P1126, but truck not being placed into limp-home mode on my 2000 Tundra with 4.7L. Wondering if this is a sign the ECU is bad? Costly troubleshooting in this arena!

Supercharged Member
    Liked
    30 times

hi, since i joined i have seen so many codes.
    is there a web site, a book, etc,
    where we all can get them, for our specific toy?
    just wondering.
    i surely know 1 thing, that everyone of us, that has a or has had a code,
    we thankyou all, for the knowledge of what that specific code is for.
    :-))))))))))))
    gorilla

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

P1126 Code For Toyota Tundra Limited

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 10-01-2011, 06:39 PM