Bed Extender/Bench/Cargo Box!

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Bed Extender/Bench/Cargo Box!

Liked
    1 times

Default Bed Extender/Bench/Cargo Box!

So I'm up late editing some photos for work, and I thought this would be a neat thing to share.

I'm doing some testing on a product called the "Z-Bench"; it's a combination folding aluminum bench (which doubles as a step similar to the cool one that Herbicidal posted earlier ), bed extender, and cargo box. It's a real quality product. I snapped this photo during a photoshoot for that Honda Rincon last week (so it's not me in the photo lol), but I don't have photos of the other functions yet. When I take the time to clean it and shoot it, I'll post more. But this thing is pretty sweet. It folds up flat agains the inside of the tailgate and is only 2-3 inches wide when stacked. The grey folding gates you see just inside the bed are prototype extender brackets; the guys at Z-Bench are finishing up a nice set of stainless and aluminum ones to try out. Everyone knows how a bed extender works I'm assuming, so I'll skip that part. The cargo box function works by closing the tailgate and then opening up the bench. It unfolds into a box that is about 2.5 feet deep, and is the height and width of the bed box. I've already put 2 window air units, gear bags, moving boxes, and rubbermaid containers under it and they don't budge. Pretty neat. Let me know what you guys think!

Oh, and their web page is ZBench Z Bench Z-Bench tailgate step truck step cargo orgnizer.

-Cody

< my baby

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Veteran Member
    Liked
    2 times

Default Re: Bed Extender/Bench/Cargo Box!

Quote Originally Posted by subl1minal View Post
    So I'm up late editing some photos for work, and I thought this would be a neat thing to share.

I'm doing some testing on a product called the "Z-Bench"; it's a combination folding aluminum bench (which doubles as a step similar to the cool one that Herbicidal posted earlier ), bed extender, and cargo box. It's a real quality product. I snapped this photo during a photoshoot for that Honda Rincon last week (so it's not me in the photo lol), but I don't have photos of the other functions yet. When I take the time to clean it and shoot it, I'll post more. But this thing is pretty sweet. It folds up flat agains the inside of the tailgate and is only 2-3 inches wide when stacked. The grey folding gates you see just inside the bed are prototype extender brackets; the guys at Z-Bench are finishing up a nice set of stainless and aluminum ones to try out. Everyone knows how a bed extender works I'm assuming, so I'll skip that part. The cargo box function works by closing the tailgate and then opening up the bench. It unfolds into a box that is about 2.5 feet deep, and is the height and width of the bed box. I've already put 2 window air units, gear bags, moving boxes, and rubbermaid containers under it and they don't budge. Pretty neat. Let me know what you guys think!

Oh, and their web page is ZBench Z Bench Z-Bench tailgate step truck step cargo orgnizer.

-Cody

That is cool product, been looking for something like this. Need some photos showing how it works in other functions .. ie bed extender, cargo box and etc.

I would buy one if the price was right. What is the price on a unit to fit a narrow tailgate like a 2009 Tacoma ?

Thanks for the heads up on this product.

SOS

Liked
    19 times
    Images

neat idea if you don't have an extender already but since my Tundra DC is stock height with extender, sitting on the tailgate does the same thing so no real need for it. an addition to this bench might be My tailgate mod which allows for removal of a piece of carpet to set down on the ground to prevent your feet or socks from getting muddy or dirty while you change shoes!!
    Pistol Pete
    "I don't want to change the world I just want to leave it colder"

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4 (7844A), Phantom Grey Pearl, All weather guard package, fog lamps,keyless entry, 17" AA wheels, towing package, color-keyed overfenders, 4.1mm Limited Slip Diffy, Delux 3-in-1 JBL stereo, privacy glass, floor mats with sill protectors, bed extender

MODS- BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM's (255/75R17), 17" KMC Venom 755 rims, Line-X, Retrax, Onki nerf boards (part #328078), Wade vent visors (part #88401) , TracRac (rail # OL-21609), Ultimate Fly Fishing Rod transporter, Spin Caster Rod holder in bed, Recon bedlights fully adjustable w/"nightvision", HitchSafe, Weathertech floor liners (part #46030-1&2, grey), debadged, visors destickered, rear window stop disabled, dynolock/PL8500 power tailgate lock, tailgate protector mod with detachable floormat, Stebel Nautilus Compact Truck Air horn (300Hz), quick fist flashlight holder (all in photo gallery).....more custom suprises on the way!!

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Cool idea!!

I'm avaliable if anyone needs products tested!!!!
    2003 Tundra, AC

Liked
    1 times

SOS- I'll work on getting those photos for ya. Used it again today- bought a sandwich and sat at the bench backwards, used the tailgate for a table lol! if any of you load dirtbikes into your truck by yourself, you know how freakin dangerous using the dirtbike stand for a step can be. tried it out with the bench, and you can jump on it and it doesn't budge. makes loading bikes easier too. the only complaint i have so far is that out of instinct i unbutton the bench and swing it down out of the way before i load things because I don't want to scratch or dent it.
    Last edited by subl1minal; 09-10-2009 at 12:51 PM.
    < my baby

Liked
    2825 times
    Images

Great execution of a fine idea, but $400?!???? Ouch...
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Cody, I t looks like that bench could be pretty useful, especially for those who work out of their trucks! i noticed all the upgrades you've made to your truck. Could I ask which ones gave the most bang for the buck? and which ones were less effective? Joe

Veteran Member
    Liked
    210 times

Thumbs up Re: Bed Extender/Bench/Cargo Box!

I am impressed. It takes a lot to make me say "wow", but this comes close; I am seriously going to look into this.
    Rrumbler - Tired, re-tired, and just generally wore out. Wrenching and banging on stuff for over sixty years.

Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by joetille View Post
    Cody, I t looks like that bench could be pretty useful, especially for those who work out of their trucks! i noticed all the upgrades you've made to your truck. Could I ask which ones gave the most bang for the buck? and which ones were less effective? Joe

Joe-
    I've found it useful for hauling all sorts of stuff; I even used it as a step washing my truck the other day. As far as the mods go, I'd say it's the combination of all of them that make it. I love the extra power from the headers, exhaust, chip, and intake, but I've sortof fine-tuned all the mods... I've redone the exhaust 3 times on this truck and finally have it to where it runs well and sounds good, and the intake is modified as well with a different filter and some heat shields to make it a true CAI like the stock one, it just flows more air. Next on my list are upgraded brakes and paint. I hate to say but mine's starting to go....
    < my baby