Get new TRD decals or remove?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get new TRD decals or remove?

Liked
    4 times
    Images

Default Get new TRD decals or remove?

I am trying to get some ideas on what to do with my TRD decals.

I was thinking about A) removing my current decals and buying some silver/grey TRD decals to match my wheels or B) just removing the TRD decals entirely.

What do you think?

Last edited by m5allen; 09-17-2009 at 07:12 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default Re: Get new TRD decals or remove?

How do the silver plastic pieces come off. The ones that say Toyota Tundra, I-force V8? It looks like one of them is about to fall off of the back of my truck on the tailgate, and it got me wondering if they all come off easy as I want to remove all of them I think. Any of you guys out there remove any of the tags?

Liked
    7 times
    Images

I vote for remove the decals.

sakmett: They are two way taped on.

Liked
    95 times
    Images

It is called "debadging". A lot of people do it and if you do a search you will find threads and tips. I preferred to remove all of mine except for the small SR5 emblem on the cab. You can use fishing line to cut the tap and it won't scratch the truck. Then finish up with Googone or some similar adhesive remover. It takes some time.

OP: maybe just take the TRD stickers off and leave them off for a while to see if you like the look. Then, decide. Personally I don't really care for the decal and removed it when I had my 03 AC. JMHO
    Rob K.

2006 DC, SR5, 4.7L, 5 speed, 4WD, LSD, Silver Sky Metallic, Keyless Entry, Tow Package
    Rackit (powder coated), Leer 100 w/Windoors, Westin wheel to wheel step bars
    Air lift Ride Control w/Quick Shot and Onboard Air, Bilstein 5100s (middle notch), Wheeler's AAL
    Powerslot cryo rotors, Hawk HD pads
    Bedrug, Slide Master bed-slide, Pop & Lock, Scangauge II, Viper 5601, MB Quart Speakers
    Toyo ATIIs 265/70/17 10 ply / Michelin LTX 265/70/17 Es
    Racor remote transmission filter, All Amsoil synthetic lubricants

Waiting to be installed:
    Eclipse Amp,
    TC steering rack bushings, TC diff drop, Downey end links, Kartec CV boots

Wish List:
    Headers, SS exhaust system, Sliders, Spidetrax
    HD front bumber (Reuenal or ARB), Mile Marker Winch

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Treat others as you would like to be treated

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

To remove badges, I use a hair dryer on the low heat setting. Just warm the sticker enough that it will peel off. I keep the dryer blowing on the section where the sticker and the paint meet. Stickers come off really nicely this way.

Liked
    4 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenslair View Post
    To remove badges, I use a hair dryer on the low heat setting. Just warm the sticker enough that it will peel off. I keep the dryer blowing on the section where the sticker and the paint meet. Stickers come off really nicely this way.
    Yea, since I live in swealtering FL, I just let the sun hit the sticker for a while and warm it up and it seems to come off fine. I removed the pinstriping on my truck this way and some pinstriping on my boat.

So I guess most of you guys prefer the debadged look? I like a nice clean look usually, but I kind of like the TRD decals.

05' Tundra (Tun-Tun) netrickyaz's Avatar
    Liked
    2 times
    Images

i removed my silver ones for the black ones :P i have all blacked out stuff though so making them match might look better
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3793.jpg 
Views:	6859 
Size:	196.1 KB 
ID:	45137  
    Last edited by netrickyaz; 09-18-2009 at 08:05 PM.
    2005 Toyota Tundra Blue Steel Metallic (SR5 Access 4.7L i-Force V8 with VVT-i)
    ( De-Badged, K&N 77 Series Intake With Painted Tube (Wrinkle Black)17" Limited Rims with Good Year Wranglers (265-70-17s), V-LEDS 5000k Hi/Lo Headlights, V-LEDS 5000k Fogs (as DRL), Blacked Out Headlights, Tinted Side Markers, Black LED Tail Lights, Black Side Molding, Black Billet Grille, Kenwood Deck, Infinity Speakers, Alpine 5-Channel Amp (Doors), 12" Infinity Sub(Custom Box), Infinity Mono Amp (Sub)
    (Future: 3" Lift Kit, Magnaflow 22" Single-Dual Exhaust)

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Your truck would have a much cleaner look with them gone. I say pull them off. I did and with no regrets.
    5.7 4X4 Double Cab -Blue Streak TRD
    Tan Buckets - Sonar - JBL 400W - Elephant Ear Heated Mirrors, Cold Kit, Rhinoliner,
    3" ToyTec Lift,
    BFG All Terrain 305.65.18's
    on Chrome MotoMetal 951's.
    TRD Sway Bar (yes it makes a difference)

Liked
    7 times
    Images

Just a side note. My wife said my truck looked like a ford until I got rid of the TRD stickers on the side. haha. That was just her opinion though.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

I think it looks fine with the black decal but the grey would match the wheels better. A photoshop guru might be able to take your picture and change the decal to grey so you do not have to experiment.
    2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 4x4
    Mods: ToyTec 3" Lift, Alcan AAL, 1" Front Differential Drop, TRD Bilstein shocks, Inner CV Boot Clamp Mod, Polyurethane Steering Rack Bushings, Fiberglass Tonneau Cover, Bug shield, 2006 Off-road package rims, MagnaFlow Muffler, Rhino Liner, Alpine 6x9 Rear Speakers, 255x85 R16 Discoverer ST Tires

Liked
    4 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Erki View Post
    Just a side note. My wife said my truck looked like a ford until I got rid of the TRD stickers on the side. haha. That was just her opinion though.
    Funny. My wife said, "why do you have turd stickers on your truck?" Leave it to a woman to give an honest and un-biased opinion.

Liked
    343 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by netrickyaz View Post
    i removed my silver ones for the black ones :P i have all blacked out stuff though so making them match might look better
    If you like the setup, I think it blends in nicely. I bought TRD Ivan Stewart decals to match the original Ivan 2000 prototype (Red lettering for Red Pearl). They changed to white/grey when launched. I am still decal free, but, I have the new decals at home if I decide to put them on some day for the novelty.

Like the badges, depends how you like your setup. So some folks are badge/decal free, some leave them on.
    JB

2000 Tundra Supercharged 4.7 TRD (Ivan) in Sunfire Red Pearl.

Long mod list, but, have some pics in my gallery here

Liked
    0 times
    Images

I for one like my badges and I would like some new TRD stickers but I can't justify paying so much for them. They were all cracked and torn so I had to get rid of my TRD stickers.

05' Tundra (Tun-Tun) netrickyaz's Avatar
    Liked
    2 times
    Images

i paid 40 for both my black ones on ebay. they are die-cut too, the stock ones were vinly backed so they actually look better :P
    2005 Toyota Tundra Blue Steel Metallic (SR5 Access 4.7L i-Force V8 with VVT-i)
    ( De-Badged, K&N 77 Series Intake With Painted Tube (Wrinkle Black)17" Limited Rims with Good Year Wranglers (265-70-17s), V-LEDS 5000k Hi/Lo Headlights, V-LEDS 5000k Fogs (as DRL), Blacked Out Headlights, Tinted Side Markers, Black LED Tail Lights, Black Side Molding, Black Billet Grille, Kenwood Deck, Infinity Speakers, Alpine 5-Channel Amp (Doors), 12" Infinity Sub(Custom Box), Infinity Mono Amp (Sub)
    (Future: 3" Lift Kit, Magnaflow 22" Single-Dual Exhaust)

Liked
    7 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by m5allen View Post
    Funny. My wife said, "why do you have turd stickers on your truck?" Leave it to a woman to give an honest and un-biased opinion.
    true...though sometimes its nice.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.