"Free" alarm - Page 4

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: "Free" alarm

05' Tundra (Tun-Tun) netrickyaz's Avatar
    Liked
    2 times
    Images

Default Re: "Free" alarm

yea i got all the info on it but the pics in that link are now dead i was hoping someone had some new ones
    2005 Toyota Tundra Blue Steel Metallic (SR5 Access 4.7L i-Force V8 with VVT-i)
    ( De-Badged, K&N 77 Series Intake With Painted Tube (Wrinkle Black)17" Limited Rims with Good Year Wranglers (265-70-17s), V-LEDS 5000k Hi/Lo Headlights, V-LEDS 5000k Fogs (as DRL), Blacked Out Headlights, Tinted Side Markers, Black LED Tail Lights, Black Side Molding, Black Billet Grille, Kenwood Deck, Infinity Speakers, Alpine 5-Channel Amp (Doors), 12" Infinity Sub(Custom Box), Infinity Mono Amp (Sub)
    (Future: 3" Lift Kit, Magnaflow 22" Single-Dual Exhaust)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Supporter
    Liked
    86 times

I have the pictures of the connector locations, but that's about it. I can scan and attach them if you want. I wish they still had the garage forum, but there was probably a good reason for them to remove it?

05' Tundra (Tun-Tun) netrickyaz's Avatar
    Liked
    2 times
    Images

well i know where everything is to connect...i think lol i have the LED and all done just dont know where the GBS is to adjust ill find it im sure
    2005 Toyota Tundra Blue Steel Metallic (SR5 Access 4.7L i-Force V8 with VVT-i)
    ( De-Badged, K&N 77 Series Intake With Painted Tube (Wrinkle Black)17" Limited Rims with Good Year Wranglers (265-70-17s), V-LEDS 5000k Hi/Lo Headlights, V-LEDS 5000k Fogs (as DRL), Blacked Out Headlights, Tinted Side Markers, Black LED Tail Lights, Black Side Molding, Black Billet Grille, Kenwood Deck, Infinity Speakers, Alpine 5-Channel Amp (Doors), 12" Infinity Sub(Custom Box), Infinity Mono Amp (Sub)
    (Future: 3" Lift Kit, Magnaflow 22" Single-Dual Exhaust)

Supporter
    Liked
    86 times

I think I recall a big gob of connectors all in one place that hide the GBS.

Liked
    4 times
    Images

Any updates on this?
    2003 Tundra SR5 4wd TRD Metallic Gray Paint
    Line X Bed Liner
    Hellwig Anti-Sway
    TC Poly Steering Rack Bushings
    Wheeler's Anti-Sway Kit
    K&N Drop in Filter
    Bilstein Shocks
    Hitch Scan Back Up Sensor
    Michelin LTX M/S2 Tires
    ARE Cab Hi Cap
    Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs

Rookie
    Liked
    2 times

So, I'm assuming this mod won't work with an '02..?

Senior Contributor jack mccarthy's Avatar
    Liked
    893 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkitch6 View Post
    So, I'm assuming this mod won't work with an '02..?
    There's a mod to activate the RS3000 system for the 02 Tundra; you're only missing the glass breakage mic and the dash LED. Years back, a sponsor was sellling these systems (mic, LED and manual on how to activate the system) for $50. I never bothered to get it, but I did download the instructions with pictures on how to how to activate the system.

I have the electronic version of the document in pdf format somewhere, I just need to look for it when I have the time.
    "My luck is so bad that even my guardian angel committed suicide...How's that even possible?"

How to perform a search: Select "Advanced Search" -> Choose the "Single Search Content Type" tab, Enter the "Keyword", Select Search in Forum "1st Gen Tundra", Search by Prefix "any thread", Show results as: Choose either "Posts" or "Threads", then click on "Search Now".

Liked
    4 times
    Images

and it is very easy to do too!
    2003 Tundra SR5 4wd TRD Metallic Gray Paint
    Line X Bed Liner
    Hellwig Anti-Sway
    TC Poly Steering Rack Bushings
    Wheeler's Anti-Sway Kit
    K&N Drop in Filter
    Bilstein Shocks
    Hitch Scan Back Up Sensor
    Michelin LTX M/S2 Tires
    ARE Cab Hi Cap
    Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs

Rookie
    Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by jack mccarthy View Post
    I have the electronic version of the document in pdf format somewhere, I just need to look for it when I have the time.
    That'd be awesome if you could hook me up. I've searched for more info but no one mentions the 02. Does it work without the GB mic and LED?

Rookie
    Liked
    2 times

Well, I may have jumped the gun but I went and bought the Part # 08192-60880 Status Monitor for the RS3000 system that tempetom mentioned in his repost earlier in this thread. I bought it from oemtoyotascionparts.com for $20 and $6 shipping. I'm going to take the plunge and try it out. I found all the programming info here so hopefully this goes well. As soon as I receive the part and the weather warms up a bit I'll dig in and I'll be sure to document it well. Here's to an (almost) free alarm system on my 2002 SR5 AC. Cross your fingers and wish me luck!
    seanpistol likes this.

Rookie
    Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkitch6 View Post
    Well, I may have jumped the gun but I went and bought the Part # 08192-60880 Status Monitor for the RS3000 system that tempetom mentioned in his repost earlier in this thread. I bought it from oemtoyotascionparts.com for $20 and $6 shipping. I'm going to take the plunge and try it out. I found all the programming info here so hopefully this goes well. As soon as I receive the part and the weather warms up a bit I'll dig in and I'll be sure to document it well. Here's to an (almost) free alarm system on my 2002 SR5 AC. Cross your fingers and wish me luck!
    Nevermind. The parts place called five dealers across the U.S. and no one has the part... I guess I'll keep searching. If anyone finds a Status Monitor for sale let me know please!

Supporter
    Liked
    86 times

Can you Google 08192-60880 to see if you can find the part? It seems to be available for around $20+

ab
    Liked
    3 times
    Images

Just performed this mod on my 05 AC along with the auto lock feature and it worked as described. Thanks again for everyones great info.
    Mike.
    Togman and SuckersWalk like this.
    [SIZE="1"]00 TUNDRA V8 AC LTD / 03 SEQ LTD / 05 TUNDRA V6 Longbed (2) / 06 TUNDRA DC / 07 TACO DC / 93 Mr2 Turbo / 87 MR2

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

So this mod will not work on double cabs (4 full doors)? Did i read that right?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.