90,000 Mile Service

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: 90,000 Mile Service

Liked
    0 times

Default 90,000 Mile Service

Called dealer and they want $500+ for my 90K mile service on my 2006 Tundra. I'm sure they're trying to bend me over the proverbial barrel. In any case, it includes timing belt swap as well as all the other belts. What did you guys pay for the same thing?

San Antonio specific referrals/cost would be super appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by SOTEX_TUNDRA; 01-22-2010 at 10:08 AM.
    DON'T BLAME ME - I VOTED FOR MCCAIN
    2006 Tundra SR5 DC
    TRD Off Road 4X4 V8
    Phantom Pearl Grey
    265/75/16 TOYO Open Country A/T
    Husky Liners Front and Back
    Tinted Windows

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    2871 times
    Images

Default Re: 90,000 Mile Service

If the service includes a complete timing belt service (i.e. water pump, tensioner, idler, crank seals, etc.) then they're at a pretty competitive price point.

My guess is though they are being somewhat deceitful and not pricing in the water pump ($100 part and should be $0 addt'l labor) which should be replaced at the TB interval as well.
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Liked
    2337 times
    Images

How is Remmy always the first to find these posts? Every time!
    My local dealer (Toyota of Riverside) quoted me $315(before tax) for the timing belt and serpentine belt alone, not mentioning the water pump, cam seals or tensioner. They do that to sound competitive enough not to lose the sale which is understandable to me. With those parts added in, I'm sure $500 will be ball park and not a bad deal for the time. Plus any work over $300 gives you a free rental car!
    The other service's like the 15k,30k, etc. are mostly too expensive for what they actually do but the deal you mentioned doesn't sound too bad. I figure how much time will it take VS. how much money would I make in the amount of time. For me it would be an all day affair, for them 4-6 hours.
    "Drunk by noon but that's okay, I'll be President some day"
    - Sublime

Liked
    52 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SOTEX_TUNDRA View Post
    Called dealer and they want $500+ for my 90K mile service on my 2006 Tundra. I'm sure they're trying to bend me over the proverbial barrel. In any case, it includes timing belt swap as well as all the other belts. What did you guys pay for the same thing?

San Antonio specific referrals/cost would be super appreciated.

Thanks
    My dealer quoted me ~$750 for timing belt/serpentine belt and water pump. The serpentine belt replacement should not have any labor cost as all they have to do is replace it when they put things back together.

Liked
    0 times

When I did my timing belt service at 80K, just the parts were over $400.00, which included the belt, all pullies, o-rings, pump, idlers (I repalced EVERYTHING since labor is the same), A/F and new hoses. I would not be surpised if the price doubles, heck they charge $200.00 just to throw in a set of plugs.

Dealers need all that money to support their crack habit
    bug deflector/side fender turn signal/went shades/back rack/tool box/rear strip light/nerf bars/top light bar/front alternating flashers/rear strobes in turn & stop lights/bedmatt & linert/all badges removed/Helwig sway bar

Veteran Member
    Liked
    109 times

That's a good price as I had paid almost $900 for all that, timing belt, serpentine, water pump, the whole she-bang.

Glad I don't have to do it for 80,000 miles as I have almost 100K now.

Supporter
    Liked
    1 times

I purchased all of the parts from Champion Toyota at 25% discount and it still cost me almost $400. I had my trusted mechanic complete the service portion as I was very unhappy with the 90K service the local Toyota dealer did on my wife's Toyota. It still cost me almost $800 for the entire service. However, I know what was replaced and that it was done correctly. No shortcuts. Check excatly what the $500 actually covers?

Pat

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by mcarthurp View Post
    I purchased all of the parts from Champion Toyota at 25% discount and it still cost me almost $400. I had my trusted mechanic complete the service portion as I was very unhappy with the 90K service the local Toyota dealer did on my wife's Toyota. It still cost me almost $800 for the entire service. However, I know what was replaced and that it was done correctly. No shortcuts. Check excatly what the $500 actually covers?

Pat

That's about the same as the quote I was given.