Question Battery 2005 Tundra

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Battery 2005 Tundra

Lurking Member
    Liked
    1 times

Default Battery 2005 Tundra

Need New battery for my 2005 4x4 Tundra.

Opinions/suggestions/comments

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Battery 2005 Tundra

I got an Optima Red top about 2 years ago and am quite glad that I did. The OEM battery was showing signs of corrosion on both terminals and was actually eating away at the top support clamp/bracket/brace. They are a bit more expensive, but they are maintenance free, sealed and will not corrode like the OEM battery did. I've had no issues at all since I made the switch.
    -2005 Phantom Grey Pearl Tundra V8, TRD Sport Package, Tow Package, Dark Grey/stone Captain's Chairs, 2525 Aero Turbine Muffler w/stock pipes.

Liked
    2871 times
    Images

Why did you post the same question twice? Suggestions: Need new Battery 2005 DC Tundra 4x4
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Veteran Member
    Liked
    109 times

EverStart at AutoZone

Die Hard-Sears

EverMaxx at Wal Mart

Interstate-anywhere

All good batteries.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    1 times

Interstate is the way to go if your looking for off the shelf.

Liked
    1764 times
    Images

Energizer at Sams........more CCA, 36mo free replacement, 84mo warranty for less than $70
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Veteran Member
    Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by 6SPD View Post
    I got an Optima Red top about 2 years ago and am quite glad that I did. The OEM battery was showing signs of corrosion on both terminals and was actually eating away at the top support clamp/bracket/brace. They are a bit more expensive, but they are maintenance free, sealed and will not corrode like the OEM battery did. I've had no issues at all since I made the switch.
    Optima....... High price + low quality. Match made in heaven. Thundra04struck has the right idea.
    EverStart at AutoZone

Die Hard-Sears

EverMaxx at Wal Mart

Interstate-anywhere
    At least they have circled the problem.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Get the evermax at Walmart I think it is a 24F. Make sure the terminals are the same + to - left to right front to back and the CCA is at least 700. They list a car battery which is way to small in the book.

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Got mine at Costco. They only had the smaller size. Tried the optional/larger one from Sam's Club (that's the one I wanted) but it was too long for the battery tray in my '06. Sounds like it fits in other Tundra though...

Liked
    0 times

I went with the Optima, yes it is expensive but now I don't worry about corrosion anymore even under the battery tray. And it does have one of the highest CCA output, that feels good when it's 10 degrees out and the engine kicks over with a roar not a struggle. I searched the internet for the lowest price, amazon was the winner.