1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resetting the Maint Reqd light

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Resetting the Maint Reqd light

Folks,

I just drove from Central Texas to Southern Arizona. On the way here, the Maint Reqd light lit up as my truck went over the 5K miles from the oil change (dealer done)
    So I bought some Mobil1 and a Napa filter and did my own oil change. While the oil was draining, I disconnected the battery thinking it was going to reset the light. It didn't. The truck is running really sweet on synthetic, but the light is still on.
    I can't remember if the Owners Manual had something on this, but the manual is back home in Texas anyway. I want to reset the light. Ideas?

Regards,
    Roberto
    2006 Tundra DC limited, salsa red, nav, moonroof, BEC-106 under the tailgate handle, Goodyear Fortera Tripletreds

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    4 times
    Images

Default Re: Resetting the Maint Reqd light

I just did this today. Put the odometer in the odometer mode and hold in the reset button for the trip then start the truck and keep holding it until it goes away.
    NEW:
    2005 Tundra DC 4x4 Limited- 5% window tint- Toytec Coilovers set at 2.5"- 1.5" AAL- Fakemaster Super 40- 305/55/20 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ- 20"x10" KMC Revolver.

OLD:
    2001 Tundra V8 4x4 Limited -6" RCD lift -4.88 Gears w/ rear locker -Rocksliders -35"x12.5"x20" Nitto Muds -20"x9" KMC Hoss -Flowmaster Super 40 -5% Tint - Hybrid Emblem- Custom Made skid plate- Q-logic box with 2 8" RF subs and 500W RF amp-

Liked
    7 times
    Images

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...knowledgebase/

Whole bunch of other good articles in this sticky!! Look under maintenance Help Topics it's the first article, the owners manual is not going to help you even if you had it becasue it tells you how to reset it but it is wrong! I printed the correct instructions from this sticky and added it to my owners packet in my center console!
    Last edited by HOGWILD; 06-15-2010 at 06:19 PM.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

You guys are awesome! lol

My maint light is now cleared.

regards,
    Roberto
    2006 Tundra DC limited, salsa red, nav, moonroof, BEC-106 under the tailgate handle, Goodyear Fortera Tripletreds

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.