Dumb Question- Bed Removal ?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dumb Question- Bed Removal ?

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default Dumb Question- Bed Removal ?

Sorry, I've done some searches regarding the removal of the cargo bed and still have a silly question. Is it possible to remove the bed and leave the bumper assembly attached? I guess I could just start disassembling it and find out, but it would be nice to know ahead of time. I plan to remove the bed to do some body work and paint in my garage.
    And the way I see it ladies, you owe me for ONE JELLY DOUGHNUT! NOW, GET DOWN ON YOUR FACES!

Dave
    2005 Tundra AC Limited V8
    2003 Chevy Suburban V8
    How's that for leaving a huge "Carbon Footprint"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Dumb Question- Bed Removal ?

I would pull the bumper. The bed is heavy and you have to go way up with it if you try and leave the bumper. Dangerous even
    if it can be done.

Liked
    7 times
    Images

I pulled the bumper when I did mine, But thinking back I dont think it would be completely necessary. Just get a couple people to help you lift up and over.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Thanks, good to know. I will be extra cautious if I do decide to lift it over the bumper. Now I need to think about what I can use to keep it up off the ground in my garage.
    And the way I see it ladies, you owe me for ONE JELLY DOUGHNUT! NOW, GET DOWN ON YOUR FACES!

Dave
    2005 Tundra AC Limited V8
    2003 Chevy Suburban V8
    How's that for leaving a huge "Carbon Footprint"

Liked
    1 times
    Images

I have a replacement bed in my yard right now waiting to go on our Tundra and I can tell you my wife and I can pick it up and move it OK (she's no wuss that girl!) but if I wanted to clear the bumper I would want 4 average strength folks or two burly dudes to fly it up that high. I have the bed sitting on two sawhorses (one at the tailgate end, one at the headboard end) and it sits fine in the garage and also outdoors that way. Of course take out the lights and remove the tailgate first before lifting it too, the lights for their own safety and the tailgate for the weight savings. Scott

Liked
    7 times
    Images

yeah saw horses work. and make sure the wiring harness underneath is all unhooked too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.