interior lights flicker

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: interior lights flicker

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default interior lights flicker

Hey guys,

When I travel over rough roads sometimes my interior lights flicker on. Not sure what is causing it though. It does this when the doors are locked and unlocked while driving. I've pulled over to check and make sure that the doors are shut completely and they were.

any suggestions?

Chris
    2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab 4x4 Black
    Cardomain Member
    Sold the Tundra for $5,000 without the wheels 12/10/2011

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    58 times
    Images

Default Re: interior lights flicker

Sounds like you have a loose wire or something is rubbing a wire. Check the door entry switches...they are usually ground based.

Did you install any aftermarket parts in the doors? Speakers? Alarm system?

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Do both dome lights come on, or just one? If both, I would say you have a bad door switch. If just one, you may have a bad switch for that dome light, or its not completely in the "door" position.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by BamZipPow View Post
    Sounds like you have a loose wire or something is rubbing a wire. Check the door entry switches...they are usually ground based.

Did you install any aftermarket parts in the doors? Speakers? Alarm system?
    I have aftermarket LED interior bulbs that replace where the factory bulbs go.

Alarm is factory
    Speakers are factory

Never had this problem before. But I think its coming from the passenger side.

I'll have to pull a part the passenger door panel.
    Cardomain Member

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by streetracin101 View Post
    Do both dome lights come on, or just one? If both, I would say you have a bad door switch. If just one, you may have a bad switch for that dome light, or its not completely in the "door" position.
    all of the lights come on.

Side doors, the map lights and dome light.
    Cardomain Member

Liked
    22 times

I had this happen early on, and it was the result of one of the door switches being loose. A little tightening took care of it. If I remember correctly, it was the driver's side. Haven't had the issue for probably six years now.

Liked
    21 times
    Images

The lower latch on my access cab door was loose on my truck. I could tug on the bottom of the door and it had a noticeable amount of movement. My interior lights would come on when making a sharp turn.
    First Gen > *

Liked
    0 times
    Images

I had the same issue wor a couple weeks and the doors will lock unlock ramdomly. I looked to see if the doors were not properly shut and they were. I didnt even have the open door light lit so one day I thought F&^% it. so I pulled over, walked around my truck and opened and slamed the pass door. Fixed the problem. Once in a while it happens and sute as s&*t on a baby closing the doors properly fixes it.
    2002 TOYOTA TUNDRA LTD – 265/75/17 Yokohama Geolander with 17” FJ Cruiser wheels – TRD Dual Cat back – JBA Shorty headers – K&N Dropin Filter – Dastek Unichip Q Series with Flux PDA and custom Dyno Tuned Map - Garmin Nuvi 1690 – Line X Bed Liner – TruXedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Cover - Luverne 3" mandrell bent Side Steps – Toyota OEM Brake Upgrade (TSB) - PowerSlot Cryo Rotors - Hawk LTS Pads -Smittybuilt Grill Saver - Hella 500 Spot Lights & Clear covers - Tint front side windows - Toyota "Tundra" door sill protectors - Hellwig Rear sway bar - Bilstein 2.5" lift front and Bilstein 1.25" lift Rear

Audio upgrades - Alpine CDA-117 HU, Alpine PDX F4 (100w RMS x 4), Alpine PDX M6 (600w RMS x 1), Alpine RUX- KNOB, Boston S60's front, Boston SC65's Rear, Boston G310-44 Sub woofer, eKo Knu Power and Ground, 6 Channel Monster RCA's all round. (119.4 db)

Future Modifications - Dynamat.

SOLD

Click here for something fun to watch! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqXvQ8X4UJI

2002 Ford Explorer XLT – BabyMobile (Wife’s car) (“,)

Liked
    0 times
    Images

I took apart the drivers side door panel. Didn't find any pinched wires or anything loose though I'm not a mechanic. So I figure that in less then a month of so I'll be taking the truck into the dealer to have the frame transplant so I'll have them look at it. I'm thinking that I have loose lock somewhere.

Chris
    Cardomain Member

Liked
    0 times
    Images

okay I finally fixed the door flicker problem well my dad did. Should have checked there in the first place. The drivers rear center door bull hook that the driver door locks onto was loose. I had to tighten up the 2 star style screws. Thanks guys and dad.
    Cardomain Member