Broken Door Handle How to Remove/Replace

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Broken Door Handle How to Remove/Replace

Liked
    0 times

Default Broken Door Handle How to Remove/Replace

I have a broken drivers side door handle on my 2002 Tundra. This is the handle you use to pull the door closed, not the one to open the door. The side to the from of the truck pulled out. Is replacing it a DIY project? Is there a way to fix it. I've removed the two torx screws but I can't seem to get the handle out to look at it. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    16 times
    Images

Default Re: Broken Door Handle How to Remove/Replace

rdparker here is a pdf of intsructions for removing door panel think this is what you need
    Attached Files Attached Files

Liked
    0 times

Nope, that's not it. I just want to remove the handle that you use to pull the door shut and can be used as an arm rest. I don't want to remove the whole door panel if I can avoid it. These instructions don't show the handle I want to remove. Thanks anyway.

Liked
    0 times

After looking at the instructions for removing the door panel, I believe that what I need to remove is called the door assist grip. All it says in the instructions is to remove the two screws and remove the door assist grip. But it's not that easy. I can't get mine out. I don't want to break anything so I need to know if it should just pop out or if I need to do something else to get it out.

Liked
    16 times
    Images

i could'nt help you out, im sure someone will chime in. just keep checking thread

Liked
    407 times
    Images

Cant say for sure on Tundra but I know Corolla door skin is 1 piece from supplier. The assist grip is part of it. If I am understanding you correctly, you have only tried to remove the assist grip and not the skin. Take the whole door skin off and look at it from the back side. It may be bolted to the skin from the inside but I doubt you can remove the handle without taking the skin off first.
    2012 Crewmax TRD 5.7, 4x4, 15% tint all around plus sunstrip. Ionic Gladiator running boards. Weathertechs front and rear. Line X, AVS vent visors. Viper 5301 2 way remote start, MBRP S5316304 cat back exhaust. Bakflip Fibermax tonneau cover.
    Traded in my 05 4x4 DC, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Catback15820, Line X bedliner.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.