code P2440

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: code P2440

Liked
    10 times
    Images

Default code P2440

Need some tips on have to fix this problem on my 2005 tundra 67k miles it sounds like crap and I got this stupid engine light on. Feels like it doesn't have its usual ump either.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default Re: code P2440

Uh- Oh you too? Didnt know this was a problem on the gen 1's. Look at the Topics "AIP"

Liked
    2944 times
    Images

Read this thread: Check engine light 4 air injection Make sure that all vacuum lines are installed and tight.

Generally, it looks like it is either:

1. bad switching valve
    2. not enough backpressure (do you have aftermarket headers, intake, and/or exhaust?)

I think that the switching valve is susceptible to moisture and gets stuck in either an open or closed position. This hypothesis is backed up by anecdotal evidence that the CEL most often pops right after startup in cold, damp conditions.

Big_Al, I know you have stock headers on there, but one of the members with JBAs with the same code had JBA look into it and JBA redesigned the air rail with a larger diameter and that seemed to fix the problem. Here's a comparative pic of his two JBAs (the top coated one is the redesign; notice the diameter differences in the rail):
    Last edited by Remmy700P; 08-20-2010 at 12:20 PM.
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Remmy700P: Is this the same as the AIP on gen 2?

Liked
    10 times
    Images

Thanks I don't it will be the backpressure thing since I have not modded anything on my truck for 40k miles or so. But it did just start this morning.

Liked
    2944 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Al1 View Post
    Thanks I don't it will be the backpressure thing since I have not modded anything on my truck for 40k miles or so. But it did just start this morning.
    Then it's probably the switch.
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."