squeaky suspension-- truck squeaks when bounced up and down!

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: squeaky suspension-- truck squeaks when bounced up and down!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default squeaky suspension-- truck squeaks when bounced up and down!

hi, my 2001 tundra squeaks pretty bad when i put my hands on the front bumper and push it up and down. it's obviously coming from the suspension. i took a can of WD-40 and sprayed it all over behind my tires and the squeaking went away for about a month. but now it is back...

so how do i properly lube this thing? i was doing some research on google and was reading about bad ball joints/bushings and stuff...

or should i just take it to a mechanic? never a lubed a car before and am wondering if maybe i need some bushings/ball joints replaced or something.

thanks for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    3 times
    Images

Default Re: squeaky suspension-- truck squeaks when bounced up and down!

I had mine 2002 tundra in to the dealer they found the inner tie rods is whats doing the squeking check them very carefully .
    hopes this helps
    When it was in they found a hole in frame

New frame on the way !

Only 40,000 miles !

Liked
    2 times

I assume your '01 has quite a few miles on it. The squeaking is normal with worn-out suspension bushings. The 1st Gen 2wd has no lube points. The reason spraying WD-40 takes away the noise is because it temporarily fills the gaps in the suspension points. You might consider replacing the bushings in the suspension. This is no quicky job. It takes a while to remove and replace all the spring mounting points, etc. I would take it to a professional shop - not necessarily the dealer. The technology required is common for all pickup trucks. The bushings are typically rubber in most cases. You might consider poly-plastic in place of rubber. They last longer and tighten up the suspension. Worn ball joints is a strong possibly if they've never been replaced. (There was a lower-ball-joint factory recall and replacement done on 1st Gen Tundras). Check with the dealer.

Good luck
    George60
    "... nevertheless, thou may chose for thyself ..."
    Mormon Doctrine

Liked
    19 times
    Images

I have a 01 and have the same problem. I installed the TC lift and when i did i replaced all the bushings in the control arms. Mine didnt start to squeek until after that. And as for the tie rods, i just got new ones to pass inspection and it still squeeks. Im pretty sure its the bushings, how can I fix this?
    2001 Tundra Access Cab 4x4 V8. 5inch TC lift and 5100s up front set at 2inches. 35 12.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers. 20x10 Chrome Fuel Hostages. Y-Pipe No Mufflers at 45s. Black Emblems. Black Low Profile UWS Toolbox. Pioneer Headunit. Pioneer Door Speakers w/ 300w Rockford Amp. 1 12 inch Rockford P3 and 300w Rockford Amp.

Liked
    172 times

Mine squeaks when the little woman and I are in the bed and we're...wait, you mean just when you push on the bumper. Never mind.
    >>big$$

========================================
    SR5 Dbl Cab 2009, 4x4, 5.7L, Flex Fuel, Desert Sand Mica, Tow Pkg, Cold Pkg, Ventashades, Bugflector II, AMP Bumper Step, OEM All weather mats, Line-X, OEM Chrome Running Bds, Underseat Rear Storage, OEM Sill Protectors, Chrome Tailgate edges, Chrome Lic Plate Frame, aFe Pro Dry-S Air Cleaner, Charcoal Air Filter Mod; Visor Labels Mod; Fog Lights Mod; DRL Off Mod; Extra Loud Horn Mod, OEM SS Exhaust Tip
    "We still find the greedy hand of government thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry and grasping at the spoils of the multitude." - Thomas Paine (1737-1809) Patriot
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) U. S. President

Supercharged Member
    Liked
    21 times

hi, i plan on putting under-coating on my leaf springs.
    when i do have the time, ill let you all know how it turns out.
    gorilla

Liked
    3 times
    Images

I Just had Frame Replaced the Truck squeeked like hell before they changed out frame all new bolts on rear leafs installed on new frame all squeeks gone now

I dont know what it was

Any thoughts ?

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Mine does it in the left front. I sprayed everything down with CRC 6-56 and quietened down for a bit, but open for suggestions.