Cost to Weld muffler?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cost to Weld muffler?

Liked
    13 times

Default Cost to Weld muffler?

Hey guys, I should be expecting my magnaflow any day now. Its the 18" offset/center for the 1st gen tundra. I tryed calling local muffler shops and couldnt get any estimates. Any ideas of how much it will cost me to get it welded in with a new 12" tip that i ordered too?
    please reply..thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    72 times
    Images

Default Re: Cost to Weld muffler?

$25-$100 just depends on the shop.
    -2001 Tundra Limited AC : SOLD
    -2006 Tundra SR5 DC : SOLD
    <--- click to view

CURRENT RIDE: 2005 LEXUS GX470 <--- click to view

Liked
    18 times
    Images

my shop.. $40 juss to put in a muffler .. if ur still using all the stock piping

anything else.. its gonna cost you..

Liked
    0 times
    Images

It really depends. Mine was $50 or $60 to install but I didn't bother shopping around because I couldn't wait.
    2000 Toyota Tundra Limited V8, Two tone Imperial Jade/Thunder Grey - Aero Turbine 2525 muffler, no resonator, dumped after muffler - Stock rims painted black - Debadged

Liked
    13 times

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosarge50 View Post
    my shop.. $40 juss to put in a muffler .. if ur still using all the stock piping

anything else.. its gonna cost you..
    yeah im using stock piping, although i just dont like how the tail pipe angles out. I would rather it angle more towards the back tire. but whatever ill get over it. Thanks!
    2006 AC 4x4: tints, magnaflow dual exhaust, spidertrax 1.25" wheel adapters, por15, stock 16s plastidipped

Liked
    2594 times
    Images

Bout $40-60 sounds fair, mine was an 18 pack and some pizza. Be sure to check out what they are welding with and if possible get a look at something. My buddy who did my muffler welds every bit as clean as the welds from the muffler manufacturer.... I got bored one day while he was out of town and HAD TO have my resonator taken off to cure an itch. I went to an old muffler shop by my house thinking since they have been there for ever, they must be good. WRONG. I can weld better than the old timer that did it and I've only welded a handful of times. Made me want to buy a welder and go into business. At least it was dirt cheap, and I planned on cutting that section out soon anyhow so it isn't a big deal. Point is, there is always a line drawn that separates cheap(crappy) and reasonable(fair work for price).

If you are cutting out the stock, and reusing the tailpipe, it's pretty minimal time, labor and material. Shouldn't be too high. If you really want the tail pipe to dump out straight back instead of turning, it should be super easy for any muffler shop to use the stock section of tail pipe, cut before that turn(right where the arch comes down after the axle) and stick a 45 or so on to send the tailpipe straight back. That also shouldn't cost too much for parts or labor, it's a cut and a weld or two.
    I wasn't a big fan of the way the tail pipe looked either, but I couldn't deal with a dumped exhaust. What I settled on was cutting my pipe just half way through the last turn, making kind of a flare that still spits exhaust out from under but isn't visible unless I ran you over.
    Last edited by tundrunk; 12-06-2010 at 07:55 PM. Reason: just because I can edit whenever I want. Is that a problem? Too bad, I'll edit again and again. Buwahahaha!
    "Drunk by noon but that's okay, I'll be President some day"
    - Sublime

Liked
    13 times

alright thanks guys! all the answers i was looking for
    2006 AC 4x4: tints, magnaflow dual exhaust, spidertrax 1.25" wheel adapters, por15, stock 16s plastidipped

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.