Question Front Door Speaker Replacement

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Front Door Speaker Replacement

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Front Door Speaker Replacement

Well, my front door speakers have blown. I've done the research on here and I don't want to mod anything, don't want make anything, don't want to un-hook anything....So...my question is....

Does anyone know a direct speaker replacement? No mods, just a simple switch. If not, is anyone selling their stock speakers?

My truck is a 05 DC with the JBL system. The speakers I need are the front door 6.5 ones.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    276 times
    Images

Default Re: Front Door Speaker Replacement

installing speakers is as easy as cutting two wires and taping two new ones to them, matching colors. most 6.5in speakers should bolt right in, mine did

if you can take off the door panel to get to the speakers, you can cut in new ones. if youre that opposed, get some from the dealership
    2001 Black AC V8 4x4

Current Mods: 5100s on 4th Notch, Diff Drop, Poly Rack Bushings, Recon Tailgate LED Bar, Edelbrock Exhaust, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/R16, Blacked Out Emblems, Color Matched Mirror Caps, Bumpers and Front Grill, Skid Row Skid Plate (Thanks to four_by_four), Full Blue LED interior lighting, Herculiner Bed Liner, Kobalt Low Profile Tool Box, Smitty Built Rear Shackle, Walmart Front AUX lights, JVC Headunit, Kicker Front Components, Pioneer Rear Speakers, Magnefine Filter, Viper Remote Start, Single in-Dual out 2.25in Exhaust
    Thanks to Rust: New Frame, New Calipers, New Rear Axle, Sway Bar End Links, Tailgate Straps, Patched Bed Floor
    Quote Originally Posted by italiantundra88 View Post
    dave, every one has a weekness, yours is just any work on your truck

Liked
    6 times

Crutchfield sends instructions for pulling the panel when you buy speakers from them. Easy money...

Liked
    63 times
    Images

I don't know of any direct replacements that use the same wiring harness. I replaced all 4 of mine and it was super easy. You just cut the 2 stock wires, twist the new adapter wires to those and put electrical tape around it (if you're lazy), plug the new speakers in, and bolt them directly to the stock location with no drilling.
    You sound like you don't even want to do this project though, so you could just take the truck to Best Buy and have them install the speakers correctly. My brother did that and I believe they did it for pretty cheap.
    2000 Tundra SR5 2WD... Camburg UCAs, Camburg 2.5" coil-overs, Deaver 10-packs, Bilstein 5100s, Moog LBJs, BFG A/T 285/75/16s, TRD bead-lock wheels, K&N air filter, 18" MagnaFlow muffler, clear corners, Sylvania fog/headlights, full LED conversion, Kenwood head unit & 6-3/4" 3-way speakers, Sound Ordnance B-8PT 8" subwoofer, Coverking neoprene seat covers... so far...

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by CoachRon View Post
    I don't know of any direct replacements that use the same wiring harness. I replaced all 4 of mine and it was super easy. You just cut the 2 stock wires, twist the new adapter wires to those and put electrical tape around it (if you're lazy), plug the new speakers in, and bolt them directly to the stock location with no drilling.
    You sound like you don't even want to do this project though, so you could just take the truck to Best Buy and have them install the speakers correctly. My brother did that and I believe they did it for pretty cheap.
    Thanks for the help. I expected to cut some speaker wire but I was talking about unhooking tweeter's, making MDF back plates, or modding the window track. I just prefer things as stock as possible, thanks for the help. Now just gotta find the speakers. Any idea what the Ohms and all the other specs are so I don't risk blowing anything up?

Supercharged Member
    Liked
    368 times

Quote Originally Posted by guitarman1996 View Post
    Any idea what the Ohms and all the other specs are so I don't risk blowing anything up?
    I'm not sure what specs you need, but I put Infinity 6030cs's in my front doors and the stock JBL amp didn't last a week.

Liked
    2 times

Look into buying new foam surrounds instead of replacing. The JBL system is not so easy to replace as plug and play. Much cheaper than new speakers too!
    2005 Tundra Double Cab 4x4
    2004 Toyota Land Cruiser

Liked
    63 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by guitarman1996 View Post
    Now just gotta find the speakers. Any idea what the Ohms and all the other specs are so I don't risk blowing anything up?
    I would give Crutchfield a call. Those people know a lot!
    2000 Tundra SR5 2WD... Camburg UCAs, Camburg 2.5" coil-overs, Deaver 10-packs, Bilstein 5100s, Moog LBJs, BFG A/T 285/75/16s, TRD bead-lock wheels, K&N air filter, 18" MagnaFlow muffler, clear corners, Sylvania fog/headlights, full LED conversion, Kenwood head unit & 6-3/4" 3-way speakers, Sound Ordnance B-8PT 8" subwoofer, Coverking neoprene seat covers... so far...

Liked
    3 times
    Images

I put in some Polk audio's when my JBL ones blew. I used the existing mount and all has been fine. Amp is still pushing them too. I do plan to one day take the mid out and get something more cutom, but for the time being have been great. I'll look later for what Polks I got. I used the Polk's tweeters also. I didn't mess with taking the mid out...it wasn't blown so I just left all wiring in place.

Liked
    13 times
    Images

I sent my speakers to these folks Speaker Repair,Speaker Repairs,JBL Speaker Repair,EV Speaker | The Speaker Exchange® for a rebuild...very pleased with the results.
    2004 DC Limited, Husky Liners, 35% window tint, fog light mod, map light mod, Hoen Fogs, 265/70/17 BFGs, color matched wheels, Bazooka sub, resonator removed, full LED conversion.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Clad Lou View Post
    I sent my speakers to these folks Speaker Repair,Speaker Repairs,JBL Speaker Repair,EV Speaker | The Speaker Exchange® for a rebuild...very pleased with the results.
    If I may ask, how much did they charge?

Liked
    5 times
    Images

I have the stock factory speakers that came in my 02 AC all 4 of them are in good shape.

Liked
    13 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by biltrite View Post
    If I may ask, how much did they charge?
    the wires needed to be redone and it was around $35 total IIRC
    2004 DC Limited, Husky Liners, 35% window tint, fog light mod, map light mod, Hoen Fogs, 265/70/17 BFGs, color matched wheels, Bazooka sub, resonator removed, full LED conversion.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.