Cooper Discoverer AT 3 vs General Grabber AT 2

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cooper Discoverer AT 3 vs General Grabber AT 2

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Cooper Discoverer AT 3 vs General Grabber AT 2

Its about time to be putting new tires on my 06 DC 4x4. I live in Pennsylvania and I need a good tire that will work all year around and looks a slightly aggressive.

I have narrowed it down to two (but open to others as well):

265/70/R17

General Grabber AT2 installed for $768
    OR
    Cooper Discoverer A/T3 installed for $665

The Grabbers have been around a lot longer and have excellent reviews so I am trying to figure out if $100 difference is worth it?

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Cooper Discoverer AT 3 vs General Grabber AT 2

check out the Goodyear wrangler duratracks. i run those year round in lake tahoe.

Supercharged Member italiantundra88's Avatar
    Liked
    456 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lowry0031 View Post
    Its about time to be putting new tires on my 06 DC 4x4. I live in Pennsylvania and I need a good tire that will work all year around and looks a slightly aggressive.

I have narrowed it down to two (but open to others as well):

265/70/R17

General Grabber AT2 installed for $768
    OR
    Cooper Discoverer A/T3 installed for $665

The Grabbers have been around a lot longer and have excellent reviews so I am trying to figure out if $100 difference is worth it?

Thoughts?
    id say so look at the mileage rating my grabbers were rated for 60k miles my front are worn and almost need new ones after 20k miles but thats my fault (had them over inflated and caused premature wear) the rear tires look fantastic and probably have another 30k miles of life left. i lover the grabbers. i have a 2wd and took them in some light mug when i first got them on (nothing major but stuff i would have got stuck in with street tires). went in the mud and stopped to see what they could do and they walked the truck right out every time. they are extremely quite compared to the other at tires. they are extremely comfortable. i love them . the complaint i have heard about general is the side wall is a little weak. i havent found that to be an issue but take into consideration my truck is a pavement queen 99% of the time. cooper is also not a bad tire. dont know to much about them but i dont think they rate or last as long as the generals. my opinion get the generals i doubt u will be disappointed
    07 Tundra Limited DC 5.7 TRD Off Road
    All interior leds, led reverse lights, black headlight mod, custom homemade led third brake light, morimoto mini H1 projector retrofit with 5000k hids, 6000k 55w hid fogs, debadged, 2010 sport color matching grill, 2 sundown sd 10s in a fox under seat box, afe stage 2 cold air intake, super 44 flowmasters dumped after rear axel, tundra racing rear flip leveling kit, 22" black rhino traverse, tundra racing helper bag kit (made to fit their level kits)...

Seafoam how to
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...eafoam-how-to/

Quote Originally Posted by oofy15354 View Post
    she got mad when i came home and sat in the truck before going inside to see her... i guess the tundra just requires less money and maintenance.....
    Quote Originally Posted by tundrunk View Post
    The sad part is, when I googled "blowmaster" images a picture of my truck comes up, fail.

Liked
    1845 times
    Images

my local wal-mart is carrying a General Grabber STX for $140 ea. the tread looks just like the HTS. no info on General's site so i sent them an email. they came back with this

[Web Inquiry: 110831-000015]

Thank you for contacting Customer Relations at Continental Tire the Americas, LLC.

The Grabber STX is a private line tire manufactured exclusively for Wal-Mart. As a private line, you will need to contact Wal-Mart for additional product information.

Sincerely,

Continental Tire the Americas, LLC
    Customer Relations
    btw, i've got cooper discovery atr's on my truck and they flat spot like a mofo.
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    0 times
    Images

I am on my second set of Cooper Discover ST's and couldnt be happier with them. They have lasted alot longer than all other tires Ive had and are very agressive. For the money I would have to say Coopers all the way.

Liked
    276 times
    Images

does cooper not own general tire? id also like to throw the hankook dynapros ATs in there. reviews seemed to like them as much as the grabbers and i paid $500 for all 4 installed. ive had mine for 10k so far and they show very little wear. that said, i loved the grabber son my old 2wd. got me though winter when 4wd f150s were sliding around
    2001 Black AC V8 4x4

Current Mods: 5100s on 4th Notch, Diff Drop, Poly Rack Bushings, Recon Tailgate LED Bar, Edelbrock Exhaust, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/R16, Blacked Out Emblems, Color Matched Mirror Caps, Bumpers and Front Grill, Skid Row Skid Plate (Thanks to four_by_four), Full Blue LED interior lighting, Herculiner Bed Liner, Kobalt Low Profile Tool Box, Smitty Built Rear Shackle, Walmart Front AUX lights, JVC Headunit, Kicker Front Components, Pioneer Rear Speakers, Magnefine Filter, Viper Remote Start, Single in-Dual out 2.25in Exhaust
    Thanks to Rust: New Frame, New Calipers, New Rear Axle, Sway Bar End Links, Tailgate Straps, Patched Bed Floor
    Quote Originally Posted by italiantundra88 View Post
    dave, every one has a weekness, yours is just any work on your truck

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-24-2012, 01:44 PM