Question Wobbly Driver Side Mirror and Driver Side Door Wind Noise

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Wobbly Driver Side Mirror and Driver Side Door Wind Noise

Liked
    4 times

Default Wobbly Driver Side Mirror and Driver Side Door Wind Noise

I have a 2005 Tundra DC and have a loose driver side mirror that would wobble when driving and hitting bumps. Tried to search and only thing people are doing to fix is put a small washer on the three torx screws on the bottom of the side mirror. Is this the best and quickest solution?

Also, my driver side door has some wind noise when driving on the highway in windy conditions. If I press the rubber seals around the door to make it sit higher, it helps a little bit. Just wondering if anyone has any solution or have run into the same problem. I don't know if the door is not sealing tight against the rubber seals around the door.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    276 times
    Images

Default Re: Wobbly Driver Side Mirror and Driver Side Door Wind Noise

you can use masking tape over the individual seals and drive around to help determine the exact problem.

as far as the mirrors, take a look at the screws holding them and tighten as necessary. make sure none are stripped and see for yourself what needs to be done to tighten them up
    2001 Black AC V8 4x4

Current Mods: 5100s on 4th Notch, Diff Drop, Poly Rack Bushings, Recon Tailgate LED Bar, Edelbrock Exhaust, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/R16, Blacked Out Emblems, Color Matched Mirror Caps, Bumpers and Front Grill, Skid Row Skid Plate (Thanks to four_by_four), Full Blue LED interior lighting, Herculiner Bed Liner, Kobalt Low Profile Tool Box, Smitty Built Rear Shackle, Walmart Front AUX lights, JVC Headunit, Kicker Front Components, Pioneer Rear Speakers, Magnefine Filter, Viper Remote Start, Single in-Dual out 2.25in Exhaust
    Thanks to Rust: New Frame, New Calipers, New Rear Axle, Sway Bar End Links, Tailgate Straps, Patched Bed Floor
    Quote Originally Posted by italiantundra88 View Post
    dave, every one has a weekness, yours is just any work on your truck

Liked
    7 times
    Images

The washer fix is the easiest for the mirror. Check to make sure the area the seals contact is clean. Door seals are easy to replace if needed.

Liked
    4 times

Does anyone know the Toyota OEM part number for the front driver side black weather strip that goes around the outer edge where the door hits when closed? The dealer wanted $135 for just that black weather strip that seals the door when closed. Mine is torn at the top and so I am getting wind noise when cruising at highway speed with strong headon wind. Tonight I just tried to glue it together, but just wondering about the part number and cheapest place to purchase OEM parts like this.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I have the exact same two problems. Only owned my truck for a week and have not looked into a solution yet. Glad I found this. There was a little comfort knowing somebody else had this problem. I'll remember this thread and try to post back if I find a fix for the wind noise. It is really annoying and I'll fix it sooner rather than later.

Liked
    155 times
    Images

My dad's 2005 DC has the same problem with the mirrors wobbling. I tightened up the screws on both of them, and that seemed to help some. I think they are stripped and need to be replaced.

Liked
    0 times

I had Muth turn signal mirrows installed a while back and the drivers side wobbles. Also, the control will only move mirror up and down but not side to side. Any of you with the wobble have problems with the mirror control.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I am having the same problem with my driver side door as well. The cab lights even come on when I take a right curve and my knee or elbow leans on it like it isnt even shut all the way.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I had the same exact issue with both my mirrors. I thought it was the actual mirror itself but quickly found out it was the whole thing moving. I tried to tighten the 3 torx screws but they seemed tight already. Then I tried to remove them. They were just as tight. I slowly worked them out and lubed them up and put them back in and tightened them well with no washers. No more wobbles. I think they worked themselves loose to a point and then froze in that position leaving the whole thing loose.