Darkness!!!

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Darkness!!!

Liked
    2409 times
    Images

Default Darkness!!!

Alright, after looking at Chaseintegra's Tundra, and wondering who's truck was blacker...(I now have a black toolbox, more black surface area is more blacker!)... it dawned on me to start a black Tundra thread.

Is your Tundra black? Is it extra black? Evil amounts of black? Post a pic!
    "Drunk by noon but that's okay, I'll be President some day"
    - Sublime

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    409 times
    Images

Default Re: Darkness!!!

do windows and tires count???
    Jason
    It's paid off and and starts when i turn the key

If You seek advice, then LISTEN with your EARS not your MOUTH.....

Liked
    78 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tundrunk View Post
    Alright, after looking at Chaseintegra's Tundra, and wondering who's truck was blacker...(I now have a black toolbox, more black surface area is more blacker!)... it dawned on me to start a black Tundra thread.

Is your Tundra black? Is it extra black? Evil amounts of black? Post a pic!
    Haha where is your picture man?!
    2006 TSS Tundra 2wd 100k mile club - AEM Brute Force - JBA headers - Magnaflow cat-back - Resonator delete - PnP Unichip(sold) - Yellr Box speedo calibrator - Kazuma LSD - Icon ext travel CO's - Total Chaos UCA's - Rear Bilstein 5100's - Daystar AAL - 16x8" 0 offset Konig Countersteer Offroad - Toyo Open Country A/T 305/70/16 - Spidertrax 1.25" spacers - Total Chaos steering rack bushings - HID Illusionz FX-R bi-xenon projectors w/ black housings & Morimoto 4.5k HID kit - Waltrip grille - paint matched everything - smoked Sequoia corners - LED's - De-badged - Ghost black TSS decals - Custom stereo
    2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (sold)
    1992 Acura Integra - K20A2

Liked
    4 times

I would love to see this. Seeing as "evil amount of black" is my goal. Just got the truck 2 month ago and have done only one black mod. A smooth front Bumper, eliminating the chrome piece in the front (pick it up on Monday). Had to do lift and tires first. A must. I tried to buy the black JDM headlight I seen on some old posts here but no go. I couldn't find them anywhere.

So here are some pics to start it off for me. This way we can all see the progression.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo095.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	79741Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20111002_113917(1).jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	79742

Liked
    78 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by 5thgearj View Post
    I would love to see this.
    Well...

There are also black stickers on the back window, only seen if you walked up to it or on a bright sunny day outside.
    2006 TSS Tundra 2wd 100k mile club - AEM Brute Force - JBA headers - Magnaflow cat-back - Resonator delete - PnP Unichip(sold) - Yellr Box speedo calibrator - Kazuma LSD - Icon ext travel CO's - Total Chaos UCA's - Rear Bilstein 5100's - Daystar AAL - 16x8" 0 offset Konig Countersteer Offroad - Toyo Open Country A/T 305/70/16 - Spidertrax 1.25" spacers - Total Chaos steering rack bushings - HID Illusionz FX-R bi-xenon projectors w/ black housings & Morimoto 4.5k HID kit - Waltrip grille - paint matched everything - smoked Sequoia corners - LED's - De-badged - Ghost black TSS decals - Custom stereo

Liked
    2409 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseIntegra View Post
    Haha where is your picture man?!
    For some reason my pics haven't been working here, I just got this one to work finally. It's outdated but I'm looking for newer ones. Since this one I smoked my third brakelight, added a bigger and blacker toolbox, went back to the stock grille but painted it black and I'm getting ready to paint it blacker with bed liner.

youvebeenkumped likes this.
    - Sublime

Liked
    78 times
    Images

The third brake light looks good. Mine turned out like crap, over the clear lense parts. It looks as if the paint "cracked" in those two spots and I don't know what that's about. How did you get yours done?

Liked
    2409 times
    Images

Thanks bud. I washed mine, rubbed it with some wax remover, followed with Dupont adhesion promoter then hit it with a few coats of night shades. It seems to be getting lighter so it might not have stuck as well as I hoped but it still looks even. I'm planning to take it off and recoat it sometime soon. I just came in to take a break from painting my grille again, going with bed liner this time around.
    - Sublime

Liked
    2 times
    Images

Hmm soon as I get my new wheels and tires in from 4 wheel parts I'll have to take some new pics
    2000 Limited TRD Mods: Defiant light bar, 2x Lightforce 240 Blitz, JBA Headers, Tundra Brake TSB, MT Classic II Black, 285's, Custom Blackout grill, DieHard Platinum, BHLM, all badges plastidiped, 5100's 4th notch front, 5100's in the rear, Spintech Super Pro Street.

Liked
    5 times
    Images

I just went through another round of blacking mine out, Did the front and back chrome bumpers and mirror chromes as well as the factory grill in black bed liner. And put new Black Westin step bars on to match my black brush guard and black Taillight Guards

Liked
    2409 times
    Images

Where's your black picture?!
    I'm going to get a few new pics of my truck tomorrow, I should take some right now at night to appear blacker.
    - Sublime

Liked
    78 times
    Images

Some iphone pics from today. I noticed my ball joints making some noises so I decided to improvise and use a steep hill to flex the fronts, clean off the old lube and grit it collects from the rain, then apply new lube as the "balls" were more exposed. The fronts aren't as extended as they'll go but they're fairly close. I've had the rear tires mere mm's from the rear fenders while playing around with flexing the suspension but no contact! Anyway just to get this thread going...

Last edited by ChaseIntegra; 11-21-2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Updated pics
    youvebeenkumped likes this.

Liked
    75 times
    Images

Chase has to be the winner here in the who has more black..... well obviously he wins since he has a DC....
    2006' Tundra DC 4x4 TRD OffRoad
    Current Upgrades:
    K&N CAI FIPK (57-9027), Sirius Satilite Radio, Truxedo Lo Pro QT Tanneau Cover, 18" Magnaflow Polished Muffler P/N 14256, Plasti-Dipped Badges and Grill Logo, Bully Nerf bars, Hankook Dynapro ATM P265/70R16, Bed liner Skid Plate, Bilstein 5100's height adjusting- 4th notch,Tinted windows.
    Future in Order:
    Replace speakers, Sand and Paint rear axel,Spray Bed Liner on Nerf Bars,Rims, Stereo (Kenwood DDX419 with all the upgrades-back up camera, iphone hook up, stering wheel controls, satilite radio). Hellwig Rear Sway Bar item #7700, Shorty Headers (JBA or Gibson) and full stainless tubing, Camburg UCA.

Liked
    78 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by carlsenga View Post
    Chase has to be the winner here in the who has more black..... well obviously he wins since he has a DC....
    Haha ya know, it's a really fun truck to drive. If it isn't someone's cup-o-tea they'll still most usually give it a double take.

Liked
    94 times

I'll throw mine in the ring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trk1.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	79919   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1044.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	79915   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1043.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	172.1 KB 
ID:	79916   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110221_042235.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	79917   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110221_042222.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	79918  

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast