Seafoam?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BobbyB

Thread: Seafoam?

Liked
    94 times
    Images

Default Seafoam?

Has anyone actually used seafoam in the vaccuum lines? I just happened to randomly think about it at work after adding some to my gas/oil on the TRD. ohh yea the turd hass 222218 miles on it and now a buddy of mine has totally got the SAS idea in his head... now all I get in my emails are axles, upon axles upon axles..never ends. oh well guess I get a new project
    BobbyB

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4x4 TRD = In Progress
    2004 Saturn L300 = Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Atilla the Tundra View Post
    That will sound like godzilla throwing schoolbuses full of screaming children into a wood chipper. Have fun with your fix it tickets!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1734 times
    Images

Default Re: Seafoam?

yes. on 6 different vehicles throughout the years. never a problem.
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    2020 times
    Images
    Tundra Fuel Economy Blog
    272,449 miles on the odometer [come see me when you get that on your ford]

Highwaylizard 2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited Edition 4.7 liter V8, four speed automatic, four wheel drive, testing platform for fuel economy, self designed cold air intake using ram air principle, Ultragauge, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Aero Turbine, "Foolie Exhaust" from Aero Turbine back, AFe open intake, Mobile 1 in the engine, NAPA oil filter, NAPA in the differentials. 3:91 gears in the front (Thanks Cajuntundra!) and rear (Thanks Nytrousboy!) differentials, Michelin LTX M/S2 tires

Liked
    94 times
    Images

Soon as I posted that I left for work and thought I should I have just asked highwaylizard... but whats done is done. I've been using it in my oil and gas in teh turd for awhile just never did it in the vaccuum lines, and I got curious.
    Highwaylizard likes this.
    BobbyB

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4x4 TRD = In Progress
    2004 Saturn L300 = Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Atilla the Tundra View Post
    That will sound like godzilla throwing schoolbuses full of screaming children into a wood chipper. Have fun with your fix it tickets!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I have used seafoam in my truck and I have used Berrymans B12 one seems to work as good as the other, they can be used for the same applications and hell they both smell the same but I do think you get 1 more oz. of seafoam. I guess my piont is there must be something I am missing because seafoam is about 2-3 times higher around here and for my money I usually use a can of Berrymans.
    2006 Tundra DC
    AFE cold air intake, JET mass airflow sensor, Flowmaster w/dual turn downs, American Racing chrome 16" wheels, Rhino lined, 5% Tint all around

Liked
    58 times

I love seafoam, its always a party when using it.

I have seen some light smoke from the exhaust and the truck generally runs better after using the sea foam and doing an oil change. Seems to idle smoother.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

I sea-foamed my 02. It did seem to run smoother at idle. Had a blast smoking out the neighborhood btw. haha Sorry neighbors! That was the 3rd vehicle that day, But anyways. When I unplugged the main line from the booster, the idle dropped, of course. Poor it in slow, the truck should try to die (Mine did) I've got a flowmaster super 44, dumped AT the back of the cab. It sounds like a cammed out big block when the vacuum line is off. But I did get a check engine light, obviously from the misfires and vacuum leak. But either let it go away, or unplug the battery for 45 minutes after your done. On the can I got, it literally said drive aggressively after using. Gets the carbon out, and the cats nice and hot.