ABS light came on... - Page 2

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: ABS light came on...

Liked
    2952 times
    Images

Default Re: ABS light came on...

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    I have a new sensor ordered. After I install it and disconnect my Negative Battery cable, should the ABS light go away or will I need someone with a computer to reset it? Or should I disconnect the battery, change out the sensor, then reconnect the battery?
    Anything electrical you should at the very least disconnect the negative terminal on the battery. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes to disperse any residual voltage in the ECU and have at it.
    Last edited by Remmy700P; 09-22-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    21 times

OK... I'll disconnect the negative wire before I take off the wheel and change out the sensor. That will give it time for any clodes to clear.

Liked
    21 times

My sensor finally came arrived this evening. I unhooked my neg battery cable, installed the new speed sensor (took about 15 minutes total). Unfortunately, my ABS light is still on. I drove the truck about 15 minutes hoping the light would clear. I drove down a gravel road and occasionally would brake hard. I had my window down and noticed that my front tires would lock up but rears wouldnt. It's obvious the my ABS isn't working properly. I will try to get it hooked up to a computer again one day. Sucks that I just spent $200 on a sensor that I might not have needed to replace.

Liked
    21 times

I just jumped pins 4 and 13 on my OBDII, started my truck and the ABS light blinked 3 times, paused and blinked three times. Not sure what code this is telling me though. When I pull my jumper, the light comes back on.

Liked
    21 times

Well I bought and replaced the speed sensor for nothing. I took my truck to another local shop and had them hook a computer up to it. They couldn't even get their computer to throw a code. I came home and crawled under it and strarted traceing wires and looking closely at everything with a flashlight. I found a broken wire on the connector that is suppose to be bolted to the rear of the gas tank cover. Mine didn't have a nut on the bolt because the guy the replaced my fuel pump years ago failed to SECURELY fasten the connector bracket back once he reinstalled the gas tank. Years of bumpy roads caused the connector to move around, eventually enableing the wire to break.

I took it and showed the mechanic and we decided to just jump all 4 wires rather than replacing the whole wire assembly or attempting to rig broken wire back to the connector.

When I restarted the truck the ABS light was still on. I jumped 4 and 13, the light indicated code 33 again. I quickly tapped the brake pedal 8 times and the light started rapidly flashing. I pulled the jumper and it light went off and hasn't came back on.

So i have a perfectly good right rear speed sensor if anyone needs one.

Liked
    2207 times
    Images

Well I bought and replaced the speed sensor for nothing. I took my truck to another local shop and had them hook a computer up to it. They couldn't even get their computer to throw a code. I came home and crawled under it and strarted traceing wires and looking closely at everything with a flashlight. I found a broken wire on the connector that is suppose to be bolted to the rear of the gas tank cover. Mine didn't have a nut on the bolt because the guy the replaced my fuel pump years ago failed to SECURELY fasten the connector bracket back once he reinstalled the gas tank. Years of bumpy roads caused the connector to move around, eventually enableing the wire to break.

I took it and showed the mechanic and we decided to just jump all 4 wires rather than replacing the whole wire assembly or attempting to rig broken wire back to the connector.

When I restarted the truck the ABS light was still on. I jumped 4 and 13, the light indicated code 33 again. I quickly tapped the brake pedal 8 times and the light started rapidly flashing. I pulled the jumper and it light went off and hasn't came back on.

Wow, sorry for the headache but glad you got it taken care of. I am sure someone can use that sensor. Maybe post it up in the classifieds?
    https://www.facebook.com/septemberskyrocks
    276,558 miles on the odometer [come see me when you get that on your ford]

2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited Edition 4.7 liter V8, four speed automatic, four wheel drive, testing platform for fuel economy, self designed cold air intake using ram air principle, Ultragauge, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Aero Turbine, "Foolie Exhaust" from Aero Turbine back, AFe open intake, Mobile 1 in the engine, NAPA oil filter, NAPA in the differentials. 3:91 gears in the front (Thanks Cajuntundra!) and rear (Thanks Nytrousboy!) differentials, Michelin LTX M/S2 tires

Liked
    21 times

Thanks Lizard... I haven't looked at the Classified section in so long, I forgot we had one. I'll put it on there.
    Highwaylizard likes this.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

i need one for my 2004 tundra right rear sensor mine got damaged when it broke the axle bearing .What is ur best price?

Liked
    21 times

I still have it. I'm assuming it will fit your truck. Keep in mind that it is the original sensor. PM me an offer.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Sorry .Couldn’t wait so I went to dealer and paid $200 with tax now it’s working perfect

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.