2002 Body Side Molding

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2002 Body Side Molding

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 2002 Body Side Molding

Just picked up a 2002 Tundra Access Cab and I really want to get rid of the body side molding. I know that the later 1st gens have 3 square holes behind each of the 2 doors, but what about the earlier models? I have three pieces (driver's door, access door, and a small piece of molding on the trunk).

If there are holes behind there, where can I get some smaller black molding? I've thoroughly searched the forums, but most of the links are now dead or the manufacturer no longer exists.

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 2002 Body Side Molding

Inspected the 3rd section (on the rear bumper) and there's no mounts looking from inside the fender, maybe there's a chance they're all like that. Bought some fishing line and ready to start peeling, but still afraid of leaving holes in my doors.

Liked
    343 times
    Images

Default Re: 2002 Body Side Molding

You will have holes behind those door moldings. I know some members have removed them and done the filler bodywork and painted. I did a quick google search, and there are
    many suppliers out there for OEM replacements or generic add-ons. Just one of many (not sure of product quality, just giving a reference)

Body Side Molding, Truck Molding, Car Molding, Vinyl Trim
    JB

2000 Tundra Supercharged 4.7 TRD (Ivan) in Sunfire Red Pearl.

Long mod list, but, have some pics in my gallery here

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.